Kellen Moore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellen Moore

Kellen was just released by cowboys. Look at his record at Boise state. He has a real head for offensive playcalling.. Has had 3 years of NFL growth but is only 6' tall. Could be a great 2nd or third QB with eyes to the future
    Limeliter.

No...

10 characters

Comment

No...

10 characters x2

Comment

It doesn't matter if you have a young Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, T-Sizzle, or whoever, a rookie still needs to get developed in the NFL. And that development comes with a big learning curve and associated growing pains. When people cry for Kelley to be our QB, the same thing's going to happen. It's a constant cycle you see ALL over the league over and over again. They rush in rookies, fan expectations are astronomically high, no time for development is allotted and after 6 games, you have people calling for the coach's head, the scouting exec's head, and the QB's head. It can take upwards of 2-3 years to develop a quarterback to a good standard.

The most important aspect that matters (that we as fans can't see but the coaches can) is the willingness of the QB to step up and learn, spend that extra time to be good. It's like at your workplace, there are people that show up on time and leave on time, show up late and leave early, and the real rare heroes are the ones that come in early and leave late. Not all QBs are like that but if they show that kind of dedication, it at least provides a good indication you have someone that really wants to be the best.
        I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
          It doesn't matter if you have a young Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, T-Sizzle, or whoever, a rookie still needs to get developed in the NFL. And that development comes with a big learning curve and associated growing pains. When people cry for Kelley to be our QB, the same thing's going to happen. It's a constant cycle you see ALL over the league over and over again. They rush in rookies, fan expectations are astronomically high, no time for development is allotted and after 6 games, you have people calling for the coach's head, the scouting exec's head, and the QB's head. It can take upwards of 2-3 years to develop a quarterback to a good standard.

The most important aspect that matters (that we as fans can't see but the coaches can) is the willingness of the QB to step up and learn, spend that extra time to be good. It's like at your workplace, there are people that show up on time and leave on time, show up late and leave early, and the real rare heroes are the ones that come in early and leave late. Not all QBs are like that but if they show that kind of dedication, it at least provides a good indication you have someone that really wants to be the best.
          so then we should start lynch and get him going right
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by limeliter View Post
            Kellen was just released by cowboys. Look at his record at Boise state. He has a real head for offensive playcalling.. Has had 3 years of NFL growth but is only 6' tall. Could be a great 2nd or third QB with eyes to the future
            Limeliter.
            Does he have any experience at RT?
            [sigpic

Comment

Oh gross. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. He is in his 6th season now not his third. And His career at Boisie was so long ago it has 0 bearing on how he is now in the NFL. Which is he has never amounted to anything and is worse than the 3 we have on the roster now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                so then we should start lynch and get him going right
                I'm not the coach
                I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                  I'm not the coach
                  Luckily, neither are the fan base, as if most know better than the coaches who work with these young men every day.
                  I’m with you Rob, fans just don’t have the patience to let young QBs learn and mature, however it is the NFL, aka (not for long ) if you don’t hit the field with immediate success, you are labeled a bust. it’s just the world in which we live in nowadays. And we can thank the internet for that. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
                    Luckily, neither are the fan base, as if most know better than the coaches who work with these young men every day.
                    I’m with you Rob, fans just don’t have the patience to let young QBs learn and mature, however it is the NFL, aka (not for long ) if you don’t hit the field with immediate success, you are labeled a bust. it’s just the world in which we live in nowadays. And we can thank the internet for that. Hahaha
                    True that and people forget football isn't some special imaginative and magical event. These are real human beings who behave much like anyone else out there.

For instance, a quarterback going to a new team/new playbook is much like switching jobs (same career field). You may have a certain background but it's going to be a new experience with a new learning curve. We saw that happen with Peyton when pushed by Elway to utilize the run game more in 2014. That was an example of someone doing their job and being good at it for over 15+ years, then 1 day, you're told to change that. How do you think you'd react? His performance began to suffer and all fans could blame was "old age" and his "hurt foot", no there is more to it than just that.

Or look at a player's athletic performance. Fans expect that unless you're on IR or you sit out practices/games, you are 100% fully healthy and ready to play. When a player's performance starts to tank, it's because they automatically suck and need to be traded (RE: Comments made about DT). But fans aren't intimate with the team enough to know if there are personal issues in the way, injuries, etc.

So when we look at football teams, players, coaches, you have to put in a real life context, then it makes it easier to understand. The sheer difference alone between high school, collegiate, and professional football is also nothing to disregard, that's why I laugh when I see these teams with inept front offices actually listen to fan sentiment and cave in to benching their rookie quarterback too early in the process (and sometimes it's really just taking a risk to see if they'll pan out or not - NO ONE can predict how it'll end).
                    Last edited by XterraRob; 10-27-2017, 01:45 PM.
                    I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                      No...

10 characters
                      Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                      No...

10 characters x2
                      LMAO.

I remember I wanted us to draft this dude back before Tebow became the starter. Glad we didn't. Hey, while we're at it, what's my boy Josh Woodrum up to? Last I heard he was making noise in BAL.

Comment

well, i guess we have heard from those that know, im sure i do not only not have the experience, i dont follow the players as individuals.

Comment

There are a few exceptions...like qbs with bad character or other issues that hurt team chemistry

Besides those guys just about any qb out there would be better than the 32nd rated QB in the NFL who we are currently starting

Frankly I would rather see Tebow play then the train wreck that we are currently starting. He may suck with throwing but least he will not quit like I saw TS do less then 30 yards from the end zone when the SD game was 0-14.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                          X