Am I a homer for thinking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I a homer for thinking...

our coaching staff and front office aren't to blame for our slump? I solely believe our issue is QB at this point. Nothing more and nothing less. I see all these other posts about fire this guy and Elway sucks and blah blah. The one consistent thing I see week in and week out is lack of QB play. I know our OL isn't the best, but I've seen too many of our receivers wide open too many times. I don't know.

Yeah, you're a homer.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

I’m 50% QB for sucking 25% on the coach for not pulling him becuase the WB ain’t gonna bench himself and 25% elway since he is responsible for all roster moves good or bad in my opinion.

Comment

It's A combination of things. But yes it starts with Siemian because he's the quarterback. He's not very accurate in my opinion he doesn't put the ball ahead of his wide receivers like a quarterback need to do, However instead the receivers have to slow down and come back to attempt to catch a pass. Thr ball should be out there in front of them before they even get to the point of the field where the ball is going to be.

Secondly the offensive line cannot block for Siemian and everybody knows this and there's nothing we can do about it at this point however Mike McCoy could stop calling plays that takes 2.5 seconds to develop and start calling plays that takes 0.7 seconds, meaning get rid of the damn ball fast.

Third run the damn ball. Run it!!!
        We have the running backs in the stable and believe it or not this offensive line is pretty good at run blocking so use your superstar running backs that most teams wish they had at their disposal and run the damn ball.

It starts with Siemian because he is the quarterback however Vance Joseph and Mike McCoy are as much to blame if not more.
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-27-2017, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I think the Broncos have just had two awful games in a row. It looks bleak now but things can change in the NFL quickly. A win on Monday puts Denver in the driver seat for the division. Probably won't happen but not all hope is lost. People are too quick to already call this season over. That probably makes me a homer.
          sigpic

Comment

Im pretty sure there is a quote about opinions i know. Haha. Lets just say everybody has one.

Comment

The Oline is as much to blame as everyone is saying. They give up about the same amount of hits and sacks as the Eagles and the Eagles are the #5 offense in the league. Yes I know they have a much better line than we have but I am just trying to show that the line is not scapegoat for everything.
              sigpic

Comment

If the QB is the problem, that's on the front office.

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                  I think the Broncos have just had two awful games in a row. It looks bleak now but things can change in the NFL quickly. A win on Monday puts Denver in the driver seat for the division. Probably won't happen but not all hope is lost. People are too quick to already call this season over. That probably makes me a homer.
                  Geez...a win will change everything.

Doubt it’s going to happen, to the point where I’m not going to get home early for the start of the game but...crazier things have happened!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                    our coaching staff and front office aren't to blame for our slump? I solely believe our issue is QB at this point. Nothing more and nothing less. I see all these other posts about fire this guy and Elway sucks and blah blah. The one consistent thing I see week in and week out is lack of QB play. I know our OL isn't the best, but I've seen too many of our receivers wide open too many times. I don't know.
                    there is plenty of blame to go around, and the coaches and front office deserve their fair share.
                    sigpic

Comment

How many 1st year OCs (from a regime change) have their teams clicking and doing well? Falcons are having trouble, 49ers are nothing with a good new HC/OC. Not trying to make excuses but I look at teams like the Patriots that seem to have their coaching staff together for so long, that is why they play at a whole another level. Our team is having trouble with the basics, so getting creative is not even an option until they start to execute well!
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

You're not a homer... I'd say more like 75% on QB and 25% on coaching.
                        You are right: if Trevor does not turn the ball over and give our opponents pick-6's or short fields... We might win. He's hucking the rock 35+ times = not getting it done and that's on the coaches.
                        Bad coaching, another example- Bosa v back up Guard playing RT???? WTH????

Comment

Originally posted by False Start View Post
                          If the QB is the problem, that's on the front office.
                          Front office has given the coaches two qbs who have been healthy all year and now three.

The coaches seem to want to stick with the 32nd rated QB in the NFL
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
                            I put it on the front office for picking people and the coaches for putting players in position to succeed or fail. This offense looks horrible and has been horrible for years. The offense is on a downhill slide with no end in sight. They need to take accountability for that and make the changes that will improve things.

I also remember it was the front office and coaches who delivered us all those AFC West titles, two Super Bowls and a Ring.

Unfortunately the two coaches I credit the most for the Ring....Wade and Kubiak....are gone.
                            Last edited by Hadez; 10-30-2017, 11:22 AM.
                            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                              I put it on the front office for picking people and the coaches for putting players in position to succeed or fail. This offense looks horrible and has been horrible for years. The offense is on a downhill slide with no end in sight. They need to take accountability for that and make the changes that will improve things.

I also remember it was the front office and coaches who delivered us all those AFC West titles, two Super Bowls and a Ring.

Unfortunately the two coaches I credit the most for the Ring....Wade and Kubiak....are gone.
                              ....plus the HoF QB...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X