Paxton Lynch No Longer on The Injury Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paxton Lynch No Longer on The Injury Report

Just read that the Broncos have officially taken Paxton Lynch off the injury report, meaning he practiced fully for the last three days and is considered 100% available for Monday if they decide to activate him. It'll be interesting to see who's active on Monday, along with what this mean's for Osweiler's spot on the team. It will also add fuel to the fire if Siemian continues to struggle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-this-season/

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Just read that the Broncos have officially taken Paxton Lynch off the injury report, meaning he practiced fully for the last three days and is considered 100% available for Monday if they decide to activate him. It'll be interesting to see who's active on Monday, along with what this mean's for Osweiler's spot on the team. It will also add fuel to the fire if Siemian continues to struggle.

I agree. I also question if we feel Lynch is better served as a trade option and if Elway would rather have Oz as a starter or a backup...rather than just cutting him.

Comment

Brock has a $775,000 the veterans minimum, if he has any talent, and best of all Cleveland is paying the rest of his salary. Keep him, whether he is active or not game day will be something to monitor.

Someone does not dress game day as Shane comes back and is more important than 2 QB's on the side lines. Interesting dilemma, or is this part of the plan ? There is no Plan B.

Comment

I would not start Lynch with this years team. We already wrecked TS mentally....lets wait until next year when our OL is better to play Lynch

Let Oz play with the bad OL.
        Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

It means that after a few weeks to settle back in, sometime around week 12 or so, Trevor is out of a job unless he can really turn things around in short period of time.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
            I would not start Lynch with this years team. We already wrecked TS mentally....lets wait until next year when our OL is better to play Lynch

Have to disagree. Lynch needs all the experience he can get. Who knows? Maybe he steps up.

Comment

Yes plz yes start lynch. That way elway can see we do NOT have a legit on the roster aND then we can address ut in the 1st rd 2018 draft. I like that idea.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

He’s going to be a healthy scratch.

Hopefully we can have him back before Philly or NE.
                Now go get your shine box

Comment

Its a tough one, it will be hard for any QB to produce behind this OL. Its terrible.

That being said TS is clearly not a starting QB in this league, his vision, accuracy and arm strength is not good enough even when he does have time in the pocket... as rare as that is. He won't be starting for us next season.

I don't see us getting to the playoffs, I predict a 7-9 record..... so is it a complete waste to not give PL these last 7-8 games to see what he has. I would say yes.

Comment

You assume Elway will be able to fix the OL. We all assumed it would be better this year and it only was for two games. Now it’s as bad or worse.

It may be a risk with Lynch’s development but at 3-6 after we lose to chiefs, eagles and pats we will have nothing to lose with a qb switch. If they wait that long. There will be no pressure on him to perform so he shouldn’t be completely shot on confidence.

I do agree Monday night is not the time to switch.

1. We are still at .500 and you don’t switch when you are technically still in the race.

2. Lynch has never shown the ability to be an upgrade over Siemian

3. The kid has been out of practice since August. There is no possible way he can shake off the rust and get wr chemistry in time for a rowdy prime time Arrowhead environment. This would absolutely destroy Lynch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      You assume Elway will be able to fix the OL. We all assumed it would be better this year and it only was for two games. Now it’s as bad or worse.
                      He we never going to fix the OL in one off-season, it was far too bad.

We added Leary who has played well, and used a first on Bolles who has had a tough job as a LT rookie and some ups and downs but has done pretty well in general, but there were too many holes to fill.

Garcia is terrible and should be nowhere near a starting OL, Watson was poor in Oakland so I have no idea why we signed him and expected much. Paradis is useful.

This off-season we can replace Garcia and get a proper RT in for Watson, Bolles will have a years experience and Leary would have been in the system a year, as well as Paradis being a year recovered from his injury.

Next year the OL could be pretty good, but its clear that we need to find a QB.

Comment

Lynch needs to start ASAP. Broncos need to know how big to go on QB this upcoming off season.

Trevor clearly isn't the answer, Brock isn't, and Lynch hasn't shown much but at least give the least experienced some game experience to see if he can grow.
                        sigpic
                        "I'm scared if I stop all at once, the cumulative hangover will literally kill me."

Comment

I fully expect Lynch to start if Siemian has another shutout/blowout performance. I have to believe that's why he hasn't been benched yet, that the FO would rather have Lynch take over for the rest of the season than Osweiler.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

I think Lynch is better suited for how this offense is right now than Siemian. Siemian seems to fall apart mentally when the right side breaks down, at least with Lynch you can see he has a huge mobility upside and maybe can learn to escape pressure.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                              I think Lynch is better suited for how this offense is right now than Siemian. Siemian seems to fall apart mentally when the right side breaks down, at least with Lynch you can see he has a huge mobility upside and maybe can learn to escape pressure.
                              I agree Lynch is quite mobile especially for his size. What worries me is what we saw happen earlier this season and with RGIII. Lynch seems to lean towards a run first if things break down. At the NFL level guys are too big and too fast for that to be an effective strategy for a QB of his height and size. Obviously this is just my opinion but we have seen the results of this style already result in an injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X