Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does VJ Care More About Players Feelings Or Winning Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
    Elway can not draft offense at all the list is long with all the busts he has drafted
    Not to be so cold but the only successful offensive guys that come to mind are Garett Bolles and Julius Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      I'm sure he's much more concerned with getting more wins than losses and keeping his job than selling tickets and merchandise.
      Again its a business, you try selling a bad product and see how long you last...

Comment

It's plain to me what needs to be done at this point. We need to start Brock Osweiler on Sunday and see if he can save our season the way he did when Manning went down 2 years ago. Lynch is just as terrible as Trevor. Give Brock 3-4 games to see if he can get us back in the hunt. If not then start Lynch the rest of the season to see what we have in him. If we go from Trevor (a terrible QB who has beaten out Lynch twice in TC) to Paxton we go from bad to worse. Give Oz the ball and see what he can do, for gods sake, why is this so difficult to figure out?

Comment

We should all hope he changes that trend, because he's not going anywhere, so he's the guy that'll need to get it figured out.
          He did hire Kubiak back as a scout but I don't know how much of a difference that will make.

Comment

We should all hope he changes that trend, because he's not going anywhere, so he's the guy that'll need to get it figured out.
            yah I agree but he has been here what 7 years and have we had 1 player get a 2nd contract on offense yet paradis prolly will but I can not think of another 1
            Last edited by bronco30; 10-30-2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Again its a business, you try selling a bad product and see how long you last...
              Oh I agree fully it's a business, but I think the business he's more worried about is on the field and in his own status, which is where he should be concerned. Denver has always sold tickets, I'm not sure this season will hurt them much. Perhaps a streak of bad seasons would though.

Comment

Not to be so cold but the only successful offensive guys that come to mind are Garett Bolles and Julius Thomas.
                Julius Thomas wasn't even good. He had red zone chemistry with Peyton.

Elway hates when we say this, but could it be Peyton Manning made everyone around him look better?!? The answer is yes.

Comment

At least Elway drafts a PR.... o wait.... 4 fumbles in what? 6 games?

Comment

Originally posted by dgobronco View Post
                    VJ told 9News that "he wasn't there yet" regarding changing the QB. Said he would look at the tape, then reiterated "I'm not there yet." The 9News sports guys said "VJ isn't there yet. The rest of Broncos Country is." Pretty much my feelings at this point. You have to give your team a chance to win. Rolling with Siemian guaranteed a loss, even with a very good defensive performance and a better performance by the oline. There's no excuse for a coach that doesn't try to win.
                    DGO, you are right; if VJ really wanted to make a statement, he'd cut Trevor tomorrow morning. Time to make an example and right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco30 View Post
                      yah I agree but he has been what 7 years and have we had 1 player get a 2nd contract on offense yet paradis prolly will but I can not think of another 1

Part of that is dealing with a salary cap though. When he first got hired in Denver he said he wanted to build a dominant D, which he has, but that's really costly, the Broncos spend a lot more on D than they do on offense (currently $64.7 on offense and $84.3 on defense), they could have given second contracts to some players (Decker, Franklin and Osweiler as examples) but it would have been costly and hurt them on D, so they tried to make things work on O. Now it might be time to see things flip a little bit.

Not to say that he's drafted well on O, or that those 3 examples would have been money well spent, but just giving examples of where he skimped on O in order to try and keep the D.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

Elway hates when we say this, but could it be Peyton Manning made everyone around him look better?!? The answer is yes.
                        Of course he did and I don't think hiring Kubiak as a scout is going to make Elway look any better on drafting offense...

However hes not as bad as Siemian when it comes to tossing his guys out to the wolves. The Broncos offensive line is ranked 12th in pass protection. Its nothing spectacular but its in the top 15 and Siemian is not helping them one bit and now we're hearing that Ron Leary has a bicep tear which he'll have an MRI done tomorrow but its looking like things just got a whole lot worse.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post

That's low hanging fruit, a great QB always makes players around him look better, just like a poor QB will make the players around him look worse.

Comment

I just want to say how much admiration I have for fans such as Cleveland and the rams for many of the down years and jaxsonville. It must be tough to stomach losses and knowing your team will lose week in and week out. Maybe they get used to it after some point. We wait all year for football and we get this team. I'm not saying we are horrible but we are looking like a hot mess right now. This downward spiral we got going on is hard to watch. I guess we been spoiled with good teams. I do remember the last half of Shanny and early McDaniels era so I'm used to losing at some point but this is hard to watch. Well on to Philly I'm interested to see if our Defense can give Wentz some fits on Sunday. It'll also be good to watch good qb play....no I don't mean Siemian lol.
                            :go:

Comment

That's low hanging fruit, a great QB always makes players around him look better, just like a poor QB will make the players around him look worse.
                              And that's exactly what the national sports media is saying right now. They are saying it about a bad offensive line and receivers that are dropping the ball.

I understand that these receivers need to hold onto the ball but how can you expect them to have great chemistry with a guy that doesn't put the football where it needs to be in order for them to make a play 90% of the time?

As far as the O-line, they played a lot better tonight and are now ranked 12th in pass protection...
                              The better they get the more Siemian will he exposed but let's hope it don't come to that and a change is made soon.

Comment

And that's exactly what the national sports media is saying right now. They are saying it about a bad offensive line and receivers that are dropping the ball.

I understand that these receivers need to hold onto the ball but how can you expect them to have great chemistry with a guy that doesn't put the football where it needs to be in order for them to make a play 90% of the time?

As far as the O-line, they played a lot better tonight and are now ranked 12th in pass protection...
                                The better they get the more Siemian will he exposed but let's hope it don't come to that and a change is made soon.
                                He's not the answer. And I think his biggest undoing was the drive in the third quarter where they scored the TD, because it showed what the offense could be with a consistent QB. And he just doesn't have that consistency.

Comment

Working...
                                X