Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does VJ Care More About Players Feelings Or Winning Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Of course he did and I don't think hiring Kubiak as a scout is going to make Elway look any better on drafting offense...

However hes not as bad as Siemian when it comes to tossing his guys out to the wolves. The Broncos offensive line is ranked 12th in pass protection. Its nothing spectacular but its in the top 15 and Siemian is not helping them one bit and now we're hearing that Ron Leary has a bicep tear which he'll have an MRI done tomorrow but its looking like things just got a whole lot worse.
    I'm curious. Where did you get that stat about Denver having the 12th ranked pass protection?

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      He did say the turn-overs were 'mind-boggling' ......... and those INT's were.

when asked if he'd consider changing the QB - he said 'anything's possible'

He better get it fixed somehow before we have a defense vs offense situation again. I kinda heard a little of that in Von tonight. I mean he gets up on the box and says how the defense has to be better....... they were awesome.

It's time for a QB change
      Either Vance needs to change the QB or Elway needs to change the Head Coach who is unwilling to make the moves to help the team win.

I like Vance overall but if he does not have the guts to make the tough decisions when just about everyone out there can see there is a problem at Qb then he needs to go. It is part of being a head coach and someone pointed out to me today Vance has never been a head coach.
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        Part of that is dealing with a salary cap though. When he first got hired in Denver he said he wanted to build a dominant D, which he has, but that's really costly, the Broncos spend a lot more on D than they do on offense (currently $64.7 on offense and $84.3 on defense), they could have given second contracts to some players (Decker, Franklin and Osweiler as examples) but it would have been costly and hurt them on D, so they tried to make things work on O. Now it might be time to see things flip a little bit.

Not to say that he's drafted well on O, or that those 3 examples would have been money well spent, but just giving examples of where he skimped on O in order to try and keep the D.
        he has drafted the right positions RB OL WR QB TE just no one except paradis has been a key contributor and I am glad Oz turned us down because he was bad in Houston but from sounds of it he may be starting soon

Comment

Originally posted by gerontion View Post
          I'm curious. Where did you get that stat about Denver having the 12th ranked pass protection?
          104.3 the fan, I believe it was Mike Prichard who said.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            He's not the answer. And I think his biggest undoing was the drive in the third quarter where they scored the TD, because it showed what the offense could be with a consistent QB. And he just doesn't have that consistency.
            Oh I couldn't agree more and I'm thinking the players (particularly the defense) is thinking the same.

Comment

Oh I couldn't agree more and I'm thinking the players (particularly the defense) is thinking the same.
              I would say the last three years but the Defense was so amazing in 2015 it probably felt like it was going downhill even though it was dragging that offense.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

My guess is he is trying to stick with a guy who is going through troubles. It is understandable.

Probably is Vance is not just making the choices that effect the QB but the other 10 guys out there on offense....the other players on the team as a whole....and his coaches.

If one player is hurting the rest of the teams chances of winning then in effect Vance is imo disrespecting the hard work of scores of players and coaches who are working hard trying to win by standing behind one player at all costs....which is what he seems to be doing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Did Vance ask elway why he selected Walker in the second round then took Carlos Henderson in the third a few picks ahead of Kareem Hunt.
                  Hind sight is always 20/20. I don’t remember any if there were any people that wanted Kareem hunt or had them on thier radar of all the running backs. Also I think walker and Henderson were good picks just that one is being used in the wrong posistion and the other is injured.

Comment

Vance Joseph is a real participation trophy type of guy

Comment

it seems quite clear that he will make a change.
                      TS must never play for denver again. he's killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by 1224ckdtn View Post
                        it seems quite clear that he will make a change.
                        TS must never play for denver again. he's killing us.
                        Like I said last week this is Orton 2.0

Remember "Best Chance to Win" and the stubborn way in which this same OC and Fox stuck with Orton because they felt it was not all his fault? Because he kept looking good in practice?

Qbs like TS and Orton look good in practice because they know they not going to get hit but come game day the fear sets in and everyone on offense knows it.

Tebow sucked as a passing qb but he gave confidence to the players around him. Tebow took a 1-4 team and gave it confidence which turned into a playoff victory. It was not a good offense but everyone grinded and fought until the end because they believed in Tebow. Tho every coach who has watched Tebow practice has wondered why he is a NFL qb.

Point is sometimes the most physically talented QB is not the "best chance to win"....the best practice qb is not the "best chance to win"

A lesson Vance appears to need to learn.

I am thinking if they turned on the green light to hit the qb in practice it would become obvious quickly TS needs to be benched even in practice.
                        Last edited by Hadez; 10-31-2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Perhaps the defense should get more vocal about this. Maybe if they made a stink about constantly being put in this position, something might change.
                          Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

I would stand with the defense if they mutinied. The coaches are awful, and now I am starting to question the front office. VJ has to go. Trevor has to go. Changes must be made. Our season is over but let's at least go out with some fight and hope for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                              Perhaps the defense should get more vocal about this. Maybe if they made a stink about constantly being put in this position, something might change.
                              Problem is you get labeled a malcontent. That’s unfortunately why I fully expect to see one of the more vocal defenders traded by end of the day. It’s either gonna be Talib or Harris. Because they lead the change in being extremely vocal about the offensive dysfunction.
                              #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                                Problem is you get labeled a malcontent. That’s unfortunately why I fully expect to see one of the more vocal defenders traded by end of the day. It’s either gonna be Talib or Harris. Because they lead the change in being extremely vocal about the offensive dysfunction.
                                OMG, I will go crazy if this happens. Von is already blaming himself for not making more game changing plays. It's not fair for this defense to continually be put in this situation. Eventually, they're going to break. But man, if they let Talib or Harris go, I don't know.....
                                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X