Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does VJ Care More About Players Feelings Or Winning Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dukes88
    replied
    Does he really need to look at the tape to decide on a change at QB? Do we give TS credit for throwing a late TD in garbage time? I have seen nothing in the last 4-5 games that shows me that he deserves to be a QB in the NFL. Terrible decisions and missing open receivers. Don't blame it on the OL... they did fine and we ran the ball well. The INT where he ran out of the pocket to the right and had the open lane for the 5 yards and a 1st down only to decide to overthrow the very tall receiver for another pick should be the only play you need to see. This is a cumulative problem - decision making, arm, running, and lack of awareness.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    VJ needs to bench Trevor or be replaced as HC he isn’t make the best football decisions for this team.

Leave a comment:

• darryn16
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    We should all hope he changes that trend, because he's not going anywhere, so he's the guy that'll need to get it figured out.
    That's the sad part; he's not going anywhere. So we have many seasons of draft busts to come........

Leave a comment:

• snowman33
    replied
    It's nice to see VJ truly frustrated and it's about time. We should've won the game last night but the turnovers kept us from winning. I can't believe he didn't make a change at punt returner after the 4th fumble of the season by McKenzie and then how he held the ball in one hand after fumbling the previous time he attempted a punt return. Clearly changes need to be made and I think we're finally going to see them.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    I'm just tired of watching this quarterback day care. Our defense has proven that we can win against top teams...

Our offensive line at times last night had given Trevor enough time to throw the ball but now he is ruined and seeing ghost.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don't know what it is worth but Mark Schlereth just confirmed on 104.3 the fan that Vance Joseph is not empowered enough to make the decision to make a change at QB.
    Didn't hear the broadcast but are you sure it wasn't Stink's opinion instead of him "confirming" it?

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    I don't know what it is worth but Mark Schlereth just confirmed on 104.3 the fan that Vance Joseph is not empowered enough to make the decision to make a change at QB.
    I'm not really buying that. The dialogue in the offseason was Lynch was getting a shot because Elway wanted Lynch to start. I would argue if Elway was making that call, Trevor would already be on the bench.

I get that Lynch was just cleared, but I don't think Elway is telling VJ to play Siemian no matter what.

Leave a comment:

• broncoslover115
    replied
    Originally posted by maaskesr View Post
    On the radio in Omaha this morning, they said Joseph blamed the O-Line and not the QB last night. I don't see that from where I've looked yet, so is that true or just bad reporting? At MOST, only one interception had anything to do with the line in my opinion, so I really don't understand where that's coming from.
    Feels like he's coddling Trevor. Very weird/ Don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• maaskesr
    replied
    On the radio in Omaha this morning, they said Joseph blamed the O-Line and not the QB last night. I don't see that from where I've looked yet, so is that true or just bad reporting? At MOST, only one interception had anything to do with the line in my opinion, so I really don't understand where that's coming from.

Leave a comment:

• gerontion
    replied
    He would have to be really well connected to know that for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Or it's possible that the QBs behind Siemian are just as bad or worse.

There's always a black and blue lining...

Leave a comment:

• swinginhorseman
    replied
    Trevor deserved to play up to this point. He won the competition in camp. We needed to know how he would play when things are on the line (his job).

Moving on to the next when would be fair to him because Trevor was given plenty of opportunities to this point.

His biggest issue is he needs to move his head to survey the field. He locks on his targets on almost every play. The head movement will open up the field. Can't understand how this isn't locked into muscle memory.

I know Paxton had the same issues in camp. So I'm not sure what to expect from Lynch.

Oz is interesting because even the Browns don't want him, but then I think about how many successful qbs are groomed by the browns. They seem to miss every time.

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    OMG, I will go crazy if this happens. Von is already blaming himself for not making more game changing plays. It's not fair for this defense to continually be put in this situation. Eventually, they're going to break. But man, if they let Talib or Harris go, I don't know.....
    Not saying it will. But I wouldn’t be surprised.

Leave a comment:

• FR Tim
    replied
    Originally posted by Rancid View Post
    I am curious if the reason he is not changing is because the other options are even worse. A wounded Paxton Lynch or a broken Brock Osweiler is not exactly a choice. We might be better off having Elway put the Number 7 back on.
    I have that same question and concern.

I understand that there is likely loyalty and preference for Simian. All reports are he is a great guy and story of perseverance. He works hard and has earned the respect of his teammates.

All amazing positive traits. But have little to do with his performance on the field.

The change is overdue IMO. Even if the other two QBs have limitations, flaws or do not inspire confidence in practice the Broncos can not continue to trot Siemian out there any longer. He is making some horrible decisions and throws.

Time for Joseph to be the HC and make a tough call. The same way Siemian "earned" the starting job he has now clearly "earned" being benched IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X