Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I want to happen this Halloween before the trade deadline....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I want to happen this Halloween before the trade deadline....

Broncos trade CJ Anderson to Miami Dolphins for 3rd or 4th round pick to replace Ajaya (spelling?).
    Broncos trade J. Charles to Dallas Cowboys for 2nd or 3rd round pick to replace Elliot.
    Broncos trade Sieman to San Fran for 6th round pick.

Turn the 6th, and a couple of 3rds and an OL into a trade with Cleveland for Joe Thomas.

Play Paxton the rest of the season and see what we have.

Of course, the above scenario is if this PATHETIC offense continues.

I would really like to get Staley from the 49ers and Joe Thomas, ala Madden trades, play Staley at Guard and Thomas at LT and move Bolles to RT and solidify our offensive line. But, I'm afraid that Sieman still couldn't get us over the hump with that line. His confidence seems shot.

What's your Halloween special you'd like to see Elway pull off?
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Originally posted by diesel51 View Post
    Broncos trade CJ Anderson to Miami Dolphins for 3rd or 4th round pick to replace Ajaya (spelling?).
    Broncos trade J. Charles to Dallas Cowboys for 2nd or 3rd round pick to replace Elliot.

Turn the 6th, and a couple of 3rds and an OL into a trade with Cleveland for Joe Thomas.

I would really like to get Staley from the 49ers and Joe Thomas, ala Madden trades, play Staley at Guard and Thomas at LT and move Bolles to RT and solidify our offensive line. But, I'm afraid that Sieman still couldn't get us over the hump with that line. His confidence seems shot.

No one is giving a 2nd or 3rd rounder for Charles. We'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder. San Francisco just acquired a QB, there's no need for them to go get another, and especially not Siemian. And Joe Thomas is out for the season.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

The only news I want at the end of the day is that Trev is being replaced.......
      #swapping

Comment

Joe Thomas is injured and out for the season. And he's not leaving CLE. He has said it over and over and over again. Need to let that one go.
        Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by flosstein View Post
          The only news I want at the end of the day is that Trev is being replaced.......
          True. I also wouldnt mind news that we acquired Kurt Cousins.
          Denver Broncos
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks
          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
            True. I also wouldnt mind news that we acquired Kurt Cousins.
            I would mind in a major way.

1. He's not a franchise-caliber QB but will be commanding franchise-caliber QB money yet he's not worth half of what his signing bonus will be.

2. He never wins the games you need him to win. Hell I don't think he even beats teams with above .500 records.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
              I would mind in a major way.

1. He's not a franchise-caliber QB but will be commanding franchise-caliber QB money yet he's not worth half of what his signing bonus will be.

2. He never wins the games you need him to win. Hell I don't think he even beats teams with above .500 records.
              Shall I assume you were also against bringing in Jake Plummer?
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Week 9 Power Rankings: Spooky Halloween Edition.

Ugh. So no write up last week because I missed all the 1pm games, and our game just made me want to go into a coma. I snapped out of it on Thursday night when I saw the score of the Fins game.Sunday was a fun day of games, then Monday came, and it was like watching someone try to parallel park, and they keep hitting the other cars, and you are yelling at them to stop, but they won't listen. Oh, we have 3 teams in the corner of shame this week, mainly because I refuse to take Denver out until VJ is fired, but at least we aren't alone, especially on Halloween. It can get scary in that corner all alone. Short write up today as I have a lot of work to catch up on Let's do this:

1-5

PHI
                LAR
                PIT
                KC
                NE

Philly could have started their 3rd stringers and won this game. No point in even discussing this one.

Rams took a break from being awesome this week as it was their bye.

Steelers need to clean up a few things still but they are as usual, a powerful team while Ben is healthy. See what having a good QB can do for a team? This is going to be a running joke this week... and every week... and it's not a joke, it's a fact. A sad fact that we will never learn.

Let's look at the facts here: We played like hot smelly garbage that raccoons would forsake. Nearly every point KC scored last night came off a turnover or one of the most ridiculous flags I have ever seen for a clean lowered shoulder tackle. But when you force 5 turnovers, you typically win the game. Also helps when you are playing a QB who thinks the grass is a receiver.

Don't even want to talk about this team. How lucky can they can get every week before it runs out? The teams they play go into stupid mode it seems.

6-10

SEA
                MIN
                NO
                BUF
                JAX

Don't like the Hawks, but man that game...THAT GAME! It was a scoring fiesta. If Watson didn't cough the ball up twice, Seattle might have lost. I don't think they are all that good, but this was a great game. Best game of the week by far.

Kind of scary for those first 3 quarters for the Vikings. Thankfully someone turned the lights on in the 4th the wash out all that scary Brown. Wasn't so scary anymore.

This was an odd back and forth game despite it being low scoring. The Bears had multiple chances to win.. I actually enjoyed this game but not enjoy the injury I saw. More on that in a bit.

Bills beat the Raiders. I like this for 2 reason. It keeps pressure on the cheaters, and it was Oakland who lost. Not that it means anything to us but it is nice to see them lose. Go Bills!

Jags had a bye.

11-15

HOU
                DAL
                CAR
                SD
                ATL

Watson just went off on Sunday, but came up short thanks to 2 INTs. Don't matter, this team can now hang with anyone.

Washington was hanging tough for a while. Then they made too many mistake and the Cowboys took advantage, but now it looks like... finally... EE will be getting suspended. LOL! Yea right, I'll believe when I see it.

I actually didn't watch this game... cause I forgot it was on. Aren't I a silly goose? Panthers won. Who really cares?

Bolts could have and kind of should have won. We wanted them to win. Well I did anyway. The Pats* are not that good, but when you field a punt and run 10 yards backyards for a safety, you will lose any game and be thrust immediately into the corner of shame. We might be one of the worst teams in the league but at least our punt returner just fumbles it ever punt and doesn't do something that stupid!

This was an excite, wet game. Really wet. We got like 3-4 inches of rain on Sunday in NJ! Guess all that rain grounded the Jets just enough for Atlanta to grab the V. They should have ran it more.

16-20

WAS
                CHI
                DET
                TEN
                BAL

Already touched on them. Skins could have won this game and do show some promise still. That's all I got honestly.

That injury to the TE was horrific and my prayers go out to him and his leg. He was rushed into emergency surgery just to save the leg from amputation. I believe he is going to be okay though.

Staffy is out of gas or something, I don't know but I am not liking what I am seeing. Be more good Staffy! Win more games.

Titans were off this week.

Well. The Ravens showed up to play on Thursday. That got out of hand quick. That's a statement win, but I am not sure what the statement was exactly. Whatever, enjoy that blow out win Ravens fans, you deserve it!

21-30

DEN
                OAK
                GB
                CIN
                NYJ
                ARZ
                MIA
                TB
                NYG
                IND

How are we still ranked this high? Doesn't matter.

Oakland sure took a nosedive this year, what is gonig on with them?

Bye week is not going to the Packers case of "No-Rodgersitis".

You beat the Colts by 1 point, in a really fun game. Eh, good for you Bengals, not like we could beat the Colts right now. This team still has a good shot at the playoffs.

I am not counting this team out yet. Jets have impressed me quite a bit this year, and I think they have a bunch of wins still left in them.

Cards were on a break

Corner of shame you go Fins. 40-0?!?!?!? We looked like chumps last week so thank you for taking the most embarrassing loss of the season trophy away from us.

Looked like an ugly game for the Bucs. Dont' know because I didn't watch it.

Giants were on a bye

Colts are bad, but probably better than us. They scored more than us.

31- I am running out of things to say about the 49ers. They think Jimmy G. will be their future. The Patriots* are laughing at the robbery they just got away with though.

32- Browns should be a spot higher for having the lead for 3 quarters. Wanted to list another high point but that's literally it. I am actually out of funny snarky things to say about these 2 teams. Win some games so we can get the #1 pick!!!!!

Enjoy Halloween everyone, and try not to bang your head into a wall watching our team suffer at the hands of the idiots running the team. At least I have the Devils killing it on the ice to stave off my sports induced suicide this season.

Comment

Well there went 30 seconds of my life I won't get back!

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                    Shall I assume you were also against bringing in Jake Plummer?
                    Nah I was actually rooting for us to bring in Jake. At that time I thought he was a franchise-caliber QB just rotting away on a bad Cardinals team.

The thing is, I live in DC so I see their games in their entirety and not just 'highlights' on sports shows and he just never has "it" when "it" is needed.

True he's better than what we have but again, he's not worth even half what he'd command just as a signing bonus let alone as a full contract.

Comment

A 2nd or 3rd round pick for Charles?!? There's absolutely no way that happens. I highly doubt we could get a 6th. And a 6th round pick for Siemian who has in all likelihood played his last NFL snap? Yeah I wish it worked this way...

Comment

Who is this KURT Cousins? I'd gladly take KIRK Cousins though.

I'd take ANYONE over Trevor. But I can't imagine that a single team in the NFL would be desperate enough to take him off our hands at this point.

Comment

Wow, that is very high value for average players... Ajaya just got a 4th, CJ is not worth that. Charles has almost no value, late round 6-7 round pick. SF just got their QB... Joe is out for the season... none of that would happen or make us a better team except it is time to give the job to Paxton and dump TS.

All I want for Halloween is TS getting benched.

Comment

Are we eating candy a wee bit early

CJ has mostly been one of the few bright spots of this offense. That is not a very rational trade during the season.

To add to what's already been said, Charles will not get you a 2nd or 3rd round pick. The Cardinals traded the Saints for Adrian Peterson for a 6th round conditional pick. If Peterson only nets you a 6th round conditional pick, there is no way on this green earth Charles will bring interest enough for a 2nd or 3rd.

Joe Thomas. Will never happen. First off, he tore his tricep and is done for the season so that is already off the table. If he was still healthy the Browns have dangled him so many times for so much it's clear they weren't really serious except for any foolish team that would bite on their ridiculous terms. Going to them with our hat in hand begging for a trade will only up the ante. Add to that Thomas isn't interested in leaving Cleveland, why bother.

I am not sure Siemian fits Shanahan's offense (like he fits ours well is another story) so I'd be surprised if they were interested. Besides the Siemian saga underscores a little discussed matter, the depth behind him. VJ seems willing to tie his ship to Siemian, staking a young career at HC on a QB who is playing really bad. Why? Siemian was not Elway's guy, he was Kubiak's so I don't see strong connection between the two. Throw in Lynch who was Elway's pick makes the waters even more murky why Siemian is starting. Actions seem to indicate we have a serious depth problem at QB. If true, why would we trade the best of our worst QBs? Although, from a fans perspective, I'm all for changing to Lynch if for no other reason that to get him experience and see what he can do under pressure. You'll never really know what he is until he has that under his belt. Still, Siemian isn't of interest to anybody.

Staley from the 49ers. Injured. Same with Thomas, he's a non option. His best case is being out 3 weeks, worst he's done for the year. Either way, not enough to be a difference maker this season.

With as bad as things are, maybe hitting the Halloween candy early ain't such a bad thing.

Comment

Happy Halloween, Broncos style!

I created this and wanted to share with all the Broncos fans out there. Happy Halloween!

Comment

Working...
                              X