Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos will not Trade

Per Mike Klis:

Asked John Elway on his way out of Arrowhead if Broncos would be involved in a trade today. He shook his head no. #9sports

I’d hate for him to make a trade to help this team. We value our draft picks, ones in which he totally misses on constantly!!!

Originally posted by multimoussa View Post
    Per Mike Klis:

Asked John Elway on his way out of Arrowhead if Broncos would be involved in a trade today. He shook his head no. #9sports

I’d hate for him to make a trade to help this team. We value our draft picks, ones in which he totally misses on constantly!!!
    If we could get anything of value in return for one of our RB's, that seems to make sense. I'm not expecting anything, though.

Comment

We need a fire sale

Comment

Agree that with our terrible drafting history we should start to move those picks for real players. Wolfe, Roby, Ray, Simmons and our super-stud TS since 2013 that I can think of who are actual starters. Boles this year...

Comment

Oh no please don't trade any of our coveted draft picks. With such picks we'd never have had the opportunity to draft Ronnie Hillman or Montee Ball or Ty Sambralio or Max Garcia and who could forget Michael Schofield!

Comment

Can anybody find our scouts that do the scouting for us. I am just curious if we fired them yet?? they miss more than they hit especially since the Elway era.

Comment

Just like it seems every year, once the deadline is over we will hear how Denver was so close to a trade. Not only that but it will be something that will piss us off too. Like: Kirk Cousin was almost dealt to Denver for a 1st and 4th but Elways wanted to give a 5th not a 4th so the deal fell through.

Comment

Well according to 104.3 the fan VJ and Elway are locked in an office right now. Anything is possible!

Plus the O-line in my opinion held up last night.
                They played a lot better than they have been prior to this game. Get us a Quarterback that knows where to go with the ball. That can throw with anticipation and I can develop good chemistry with the wide receivers and will see those wide receivers catch more passes.

Comment

Can anybody find our scouts that do the scouting for us. I am just curious if we fired them yet?? they miss more than they hit especially since the Elway era.
                  The scouting staff is now headed by Kubiak. This coming offseason will be the first headed up by him. I don't know if the rest of the staff was retained.
                  sigpic

Comment

From the Team's Staff Directory
                    PLAYER PERSONNEL/FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
                    Matt Russell - Director of Player Personnel - 9th season with team, 6th in this position
                    Tom Heckert - Senior Personnel Advisor - 5th season with team, 1st in this position
                    Gary Kubiak - Senior Personnel Advisor - 1st season in this position
                    A.J. Durso - Director of Pro Personnel - 5th season with team, 1st in this position
                    Mike Sullivan - Director of Football Administration - 6th season with team, 6th in this position
                    Mark Thewes - Director of Team Administration - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                    Ray Jackson - Director of Player Development - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                    Mitch Tanney - Director of Football Analytics - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                    Patrick Walsh - Player Personnel Assistant - 2nd season with team, 1st in this position
                    Scott Flaska - Football Analyst - 2nd season with team, 2nd in this position

Scouting
                    Brian Stark - Director of College Scouting - 6th season with team, 1st as director
                    Jordon Dizon - Pro Scout - 3rd season with team as scout
                    Eugene Armstrong - Southeast Area Scout - 11th season with team as scout
                    Dave Bratten - College Scouting Coord./Area Scout - 19th season with team, 17th as scout
                    Scott DiStefano - Midwest Area Scout - 36th season with team as scout
                    Klein Kubiak - Southwest Area Scout - 4th season with team, 2nd as scout
                    Darren Mougey – Western Regional Scout - 6th season with team, 3rd as scout
                    Nick Schiralli - Eastern Regional Scout - 10th season with team as scout
                    Bryan Chesin – Midwest Area Scout - 4th season with team, 1st as scout

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                      From the Team's Staff Directory
                      PLAYER PERSONNEL/FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
                      Matt Russell - Director of Player Personnel - 9th season with team, 6th in this position
                      Tom Heckert - Senior Personnel Advisor - 5th season with team, 1st in this position
                      Gary Kubiak - Senior Personnel Advisor - 1st season in this position
                      A.J. Durso - Director of Pro Personnel - 5th season with team, 1st in this position
                      Mike Sullivan - Director of Football Administration - 6th season with team, 6th in this position
                      Mark Thewes - Director of Team Administration - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                      Ray Jackson - Director of Player Development - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                      Mitch Tanney - Director of Football Analytics - 3rd season with team, 3rd in this position
                      Patrick Walsh - Player Personnel Assistant - 2nd season with team, 1st in this position
                      Scott Flaska - Football Analyst - 2nd season with team, 2nd in this position

Scouting
                      Brian Stark - Director of College Scouting - 6th season with team, 1st as director
                      Jordon Dizon - Pro Scout - 3rd season with team as scout
                      Eugene Armstrong - Southeast Area Scout - 11th season with team as scout
                      Dave Bratten - College Scouting Coord./Area Scout - 19th season with team, 17th as scout
                      Scott DiStefano - Midwest Area Scout - 36th season with team as scout
                      Klein Kubiak - Southwest Area Scout - 4th season with team, 2nd as scout
                      Darren Mougey – Western Regional Scout - 6th season with team, 3rd as scout
                      Nick Schiralli - Eastern Regional Scout - 10th season with team as scout
                      Bryan Chesin – Midwest Area Scout - 4th season with team, 1st as scout
                      Makes you wonder why they get to keep their jobs for that long after missing on so many picks.

Comment

Makes you wonder why they get to keep their jobs for that long after missing on so many picks.
                        The draft is a crapshoot for most teams. Scouts don't really make picks, either. They'll provide profiles on players, but I'd imagine compiling the draft board is a collaborative process between the scouting director and senior personnel (Elway, VJ, Kubiak, etc.). Ultimately, the decision is Elway's to make.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondsAway131 View Post
                          The draft is a crapshoot for most teams. Scouts don't really make picks, either. They'll provide profiles on players, but I'd imagine compiling the draft board is a collaborative process between the scouting director and senior personnel (Elway, VJ, Kubiak, etc.). Ultimately, the decision is Elway's to make.
                          He makes the decision with the information provided to him...also the coaches on the team take the information and suggest who we draft as well. IIRC one of our defensive coaches was in Elway's ear allot about D Walker who we drafted last year.

The final decision is Elway's but his decision is based on the information and suggestions provided to him.
                          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Per Mike Klis:

And I just saw on Pro Football Talk's twitter feed that we are trading Lynch and 2018 2nd rounder to the Redskins for Cousins. I, however, do not put any faith whatsoever in that rumor.

Comment

Did we get Cousins???

Comment

Working...
                              X