Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos1r2 View Post
    Per VJ Trevor made 20-25 great plays lastnight
    WTF? He has not put in 25 good plays in the last FOUR GAMES!!!!
    sigpicoh YEAH?

Comment

I think deep down Vance doesn't want to bench Trevor. By most accounts Trevor is a big X's and O's guy who practices really well. Coaches put so much into practice that I think for some it becomes more relevant or important than on-field results. Right now Vance is a perfect example of "can't see the forest from the trees". All Trevor has done is work hard and perform better than the other quarterbacks on roster, and I think because of that Vance can't accept that at the end of the day Trevor is a 7th round quarterback with nominal pro skills. He's an excellent back-up and may make a heck of a coach one day. But he's not a franchise quarterback.

Having said that, I do believe Vance, despite his own personal desires, will make a change this week. The NFL is very political and he can't keep making excuses for Trevor, especially when they don't make sense (20 amazing throws? REALLY?!). I would prefer to go with Paxton but I'm guessing the Broncos have soured on him immensely to not only sign Brock but to likely play him this week despite Paxton finally being healthy this year. With Brock I feel like we'll get more of the same in comparison to Trevor but he is a proven player and he had great success here once upon a time, despite how it temporarily ended.

Needless to say, I don't think the next franchise quarterback is currently on the roster.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow...............................just wow........

Comment

I am hoping like heck VJ starts Brock from here on out and the team has a real spark. It would be fabulous if the Broncos had like a 6 game winning streak or something and turned it around. I doubt it will happen.. more than likely the losses will keep piling up but, at least it will feel like VJ actually wants to win and is willing to make changes.

I don't really see how Brock can make things any worse... he may not makes things better but, losing is still losing.. does it matter if it is by 20 or 3?
          My adopted Bronco is Case Keenum

Comment

this will be the week for some reason i feel that the coaches are making a game plan for trevor and not worring about the other QBs i bet they make a game plan for both and if trevor doesn't excute it he gets pulled. he should be pulled as the starter.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

And this is why our team sucks right now. Acceptance of mediocrity and hoping and praying for something against all odds to the contrary.

https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos...d-monday-night

“When you watch Trevor, even last night, he made 3 horrible interceptions, I mean horrific decisions, with those 3 he threw last night,” Joseph said, via DenverBroncos.com. “But he had 20 other plays that were really, really good.

“So when you watch your starting quarterback make 20 or 25 amazing throws and 3 horrific interceptions, that’s when it becomes an issue, because in your heart, you know he can play better. He can play better because those three balls he threw, you just can’t throw, but the 20-plus plays he made in the third and fourth quarter, man, it keeps you excited about the guy. So that’s the issue.”
              Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                And this is why our team sucks right now. Acceptance of mediocrity and hoping and praying for something against all odds to the contrary.

https://www.all22.com/denver-broncos...d-monday-night

“When you watch Trevor, even last night, he made 3 horrible interceptions, I mean horrific decisions, with those 3 he threw last night,” Joseph said, via DenverBroncos.com. “But he had 20 other plays that were really, really good.

“So when you watch your starting quarterback make 20 or 25 amazing throws and 3 horrific interceptions, that’s when it becomes an issue, because in your heart, you know he can play better. He can play better because those three balls he threw, you just can’t throw, but the 20-plus plays he made in the third and fourth quarter, man, it keeps you excited about the guy. So that’s the issue.”
                The team has no good options at QB, they are doing what they can. Paxton is hurt, so it's Oz or Trevor. At this point you aren't succeeding with either one.

Also for what VJ said, did he say 20 to 25 amazing throws or plays? There's a big difference. Trevor has definitely made some good "plays", most being checks into the correct runs and shorter passes. He's also made a ton of bad plays that would normally have a QB benched. I get what VJ is saying. The only issue is we don't have anybody to bench him for until Paxton is healthy. The fact that they haven't put Oz in shows you what they think of Oz. Maybe this is the week Oz goes in, we should know today. If Paxton was healthy it would have been done already.

Our team doesn't suck because of coaching. It sucks because the front office didn't replace the hole Manning left when he "retired".

Comment

Working...
                X