whats with the thomas hate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats with the thomas hate

i don't get it. he is an elite WR in the nfl, i feel like you all are super spoiled by having 2 really good WR. he is 4th in yards sense 2011 with alot of bad QB play. he has a good character soft spoken and just does the work. he is not a diva when you compare him to some of his older counter parts outside of Brown Jones and Green no WR has more yards sense 2011. he is 8 on the list of all time receiving yards for active players. 6 straight 1000 yard seasons. he is 13 all time active in TDs. and he is not 30 still in his prime. he is an elite WR in the nfl. and you guys who want to get rid of him are spoiled by great WR play.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

He used to be elite.

He's capable of being elite.

At this point in his career he's done playing physical football.

He's not going to put his body on the line anymore.

Look at Sanders and you see the opposite.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      He used to be elite.

that wrong, you don't see everything on tv but the giants game he gave his body and more limping around half the game still out there making plays.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm

Comment

No idea. He consistently won his matchup last night and if Trevor would have given him more opportunities, he would have put up even bigger numbers. People are just ridiculous sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
          He used to be elite.

Nah. I don't buy any of that, not even a little.

He's clearly just a top tier WR who's had bad QB play for the last 3 years as well as his first couple couple seasons

We are truly lucky to have a WR who can produce like he has with such poor QBing.

At this point, the only thing that could stop him from being Denver's best ever receiver would be some sort of catastrophic string of season ending injuries.

Comment

Ever since he signed his big deal he has gotten a lot of hate. It’s somewhat understandable. He Has consistently been top 5 in terms of salary but hasn’t always been top 5 as a receiver throughout that contract and people want more big games from him.

Personally I think he is fine slightly overpaid but he is much better than what most teams have.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Ever since he signed his big deal he has gotten a lot of hate. It’s somewhat understandable. He Has consistently been top 5 in terms of salary but hasn’t always been top 5 as a receiver throughout that contract and people want more big games from him.

Personally I think he is fine slightly overpaid but he is much better than what most teams have.
              what athlete is not overpaid

but any way he is probably a bit overpaid but he is still a top 5 WR in the league being held back by bad qb play
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

He's a disappointment

He limps after every tackle

Comment

One thing I did like I saw from DT during MNF was how he approached McKenzie after his fumble, and Siemian at the end of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                    i don't get it. he is an elite WR in the nfl, i feel like you all are super spoiled by having 2 really good WR. he is 4th in yards sense 2011 with alot of bad QB play. he has a good character soft spoken and just does the work. he is not a diva when you compare him to some of his older counter parts outside of Brown Jones and Green no WR has more yards sense 2011. he is 8 on the list of all time receiving yards for active players. 6 straight 1000 yard seasons. he is 13 all time active in TDs. and he is not 30 still in his prime. he is an elite WR in the nfl. and you guys who want to get rid of him are spoiled by great WR play.
                    He is not an elite receiver. He was "elite" when Peyton was here. Peyton made a lot of pass catchers look phenomenal. DT broke out when Manning got here, and has dropped of since he left.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      what athlete is not overpaid

but any way he is probably a bit overpaid but he is still a top 5 WR in the league being held back by bad qb play
                      Top 5?? Really?

He's not even a top 10 WR.

Comment

Just because someone has criticism, doesn't mean you have to listen to them. There is always going to be something to criticize.
                        I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
                          One thing I did like I saw from DT during MNF was how he approached McKenzie after his fumble, and Siemian at the end of the game.
                          I noticed that. That was kind of cool to see his leadership there - gotta wonder what was said

Comment

IMO, the D. Thomas debate...

From what I gathered by reading the boards:

1.) Fans are waiting for him to be the consistent and dominant offensive threat (e.g. Elway, Davis or McCaffrey) in our current offense

2.) He drops "easy" catches for whatever reason.

3.) Currently our offense cannot seem to score with him on the field.

4.) Is D. Thomas at $12M worth his salary? Future salary?

5.) His high salary may be used on OL or another area of need.

Comment

The problem with D. Thomas is that he is not worth his salary in the current scenario. And by the time the Broncos have a quality QB that can feed a #1 WR properly, D. Thomas will be way past his prime. It's understandable to pay him that kind of money when you have an elite passing offense and he can produce 1,400+ yards, 10+ touchdowns. However, the Broncos have not been that kind of team since 2015 (ironically, the year he signed his $70 million contract). Elway is paying D. Thomas $14 million/year when, in order to win, his team needs to play elite defense, run the ball effectively and limit the QB to 20-30 throws. Of course, missing on the 1st-round QB was not part of the plan.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X