Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many sacks Menelik Watson will allow by the end of this season?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many sacks Menelik Watson will allow by the end of this season?

    It is no fun but i believe he is on pace to break the record for the most sacks allowed per season in denver.

    Do you all agree with that?

  • #2
    What's the record?

    Comment


    • #3
      This page says he's allowed 7.5:

      http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...s.asp?id=26665

      It feels like a lot more than that?

      Comment


      • #4
        depends how mobile our QB is. Brock isn't as bad as Siemian is at escaping pressure but he isn't the best either
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't think sacks allowed is an official stat, so there's probably no record to break.

          Anyway, the most sacked QB in a season was David Carr who was sacked an amazing 76 times in 2002. Siemian has been sacked 25 times, or 3.6 times a game, this would've put him on pace for 58 sacks this year, which would've been tied for 10th most all time.

          Brock will likely get sacked a lot too, so don't expect much to change in that area. Hopefully he can get rid of ball quicker and run into defenders, and maybe the sacks can drop from 3.6 times a game to maybe 2.5 times a game

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            This page says he's allowed 7.5:

            http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/p...s.asp?id=26665

            It feels like a lot more than that?
            I can't believe it's that low. Siemian has already been sacked 25 times this year.

            Comment


            • #7
              The problem is not even how many official sacks Watson has allowed, but how often he loses in pass protection, how many times the QB needs to rush a throw, throw the ball away or scramble to avoid a sack because of Watson.

              And the sad truth: Watson is our best RT.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                The problem is not even how many official sacks Watson has allowed, but how often he loses in pass protection, how many times the QB needs to rush a throw, throw the ball away or scramble to avoid a sack because of Watson.

                And the sad truth: Watson is our best RT.
                which needs to change this offseason
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  The problem is not even how many official sacks Watson has allowed, but how often he loses in pass protection, how many times the QB needs to rush a throw, throw the ball away or scramble to avoid a sack because of Watson.

                  And the sad truth: Watson is our best RT.
                  It makes you wonder if Elijah Wilkinson is any worse?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Less than Stephenson would
                    sigpic

                    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      22 by week 17

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think PFF can answer that for you -Denver’s offensive line has allowed ten sacks, second-most in the league, while RT Menelik Watson has allowed seven of those by himself, and had given up six by the end of week two. Rookie LT Garett Bolles has given up 14 total pressures but just one sack.

                        At this point I would rotate Watson & Stephenson and see who really wants to play along with anyone else on the team or PS that can block for at least 3 seconds. Hell, every week bring in FA's off the street. Remember the movie the Invincibles? The really sad thing is we tied ourselves up with overpaying for Watson to the tune of 18 million. Menelik Watson signed a 3 year, $18,375,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $5,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,125,000.

                        The other sad thing is Watson is making the same amount as Peko. Someone screwed up royally and we are stuck with him for the next few years. Hey he IS the 68 ranked tackle in the NFL! I see where Sambrailo & Scholfield are higher ranked to put it in perspective. At least give him some help once in awhile.
                        Bronco Bob

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                          I think PFF can answer that for you -Denver’s offensive line has allowed ten sacks, second-most in the league, while RT Menelik Watson has allowed seven of those by himself, and had given up six by the end of week two. Rookie LT Garett Bolles has given up 14 total pressures but just one sack.

                          At this point I would rotate Watson & Stephenson and see who really wants to play along with anyone else on the team or PS that can block for at least 3 seconds. Hell, every week bring in FA's off the street. Remember the movie the Invincibles? The really sad thing is we tied ourselves up with overpaying for Watson to the tune of 18 million. Menelik Watson signed a 3 year, $18,375,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $5,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,125,000.

                          The other sad thing is Watson is making the same amount as Peko. Someone screwed up royally and we are stuck with him for the next few years. Hey he IS the 68 ranked tackle in the NFL! I see where Sambrailo & Scholfield are higher ranked to put it in perspective. At least give him some help once in awhile.
                          With the amount of money wasted between Stephenson and Watson it kind of makes me wish we pushed harder to get Ricky Wagner. Not exactly an all pro but he would have provided peace of mind on that right side.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bfallona View Post
                            I think PFF can answer that for you -Denver’s offensive line has allowed ten sacks, second-most in the league, while RT Menelik Watson has allowed seven of those by himself, and had given up six by the end of week two. Rookie LT Garett Bolles has given up 14 total pressures but just one sack.

                            At this point I would rotate Watson & Stephenson and see who really wants to play along with anyone else on the team or PS that can block for at least 3 seconds. Hell, every week bring in FA's off the street. Remember the movie the Invincibles? The really sad thing is we tied ourselves up with overpaying for Watson to the tune of 18 million. Menelik Watson signed a 3 year, $18,375,000 contract with the Denver Broncos, including a $4,000,000 signing bonus, $5,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,125,000.

                            The other sad thing is Watson is making the same amount as Peko. Someone screwed up royally and we are stuck with him for the next few years. Hey he IS the 68 ranked tackle in the NFL! I see where Sambrailo & Scholfield are higher ranked to put it in perspective. At least give him some help once in awhile.
                            Watson can be cut without too much dead money. Or maybe move inside.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If he is cut after the season it would cost 2 million in dead money & 7 million cap hit fairly pricey. I hope either he get it soon or maybe have a fire sale after the season say a 6th round pick? PFF ratings for the last 3 yrs were around 50 which is Kalil neighborhood. Now he's at 39.which is the worst tackle in the nfl.

                              YEAR AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER WORKOUT CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH
                              2018 Contract details by year 29 $5,500,000 $1,333,333 $500,000 $125,000 $7,458,333 $2,666,667 $6,125,000
                              Bronco Bob

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X