Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Talk Rationally....Is Our Long Term QB In The Fold?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    My gut tells me the future quarterback of the Broncos isn't on roster.

    Having said that, in 2015 I believed in Brock and he's proven that he can be a competent, confident quarterback for this team. I'm willing to believe again, but the leash is a lot shorter this time around.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Can we just get Andrew Luck already

      Comment


      • #18
        With the 49ers trading for Garappolo, Its too bad the Browns deal for AJ McCarron fell through as that would have removed them from the QB competition in the 2018 draft. The Jets will likely be looking for a savior as will the Cardinals. With a defense ready to win now, it might be better if let's say a team like the Giants would clean house releasing Elil Manning or maybe the Chargers decide a reboot is in order making Rivers available?

        Comment


        • #19
          It may all come together sooner than later, but it's fun to speculate knowing how Elway covets QBs. As long as he makes decisions with a clear mind, which means parking any emptions when assessing the QBs that he has drafted, good things will happen. Maybe not this year, but then again, if we learn something this year that makes next year better, it may be worth the short term pain.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            My gut tells me the future quarterback of the Broncos isn't on roster.

            Having said that, in 2015 I believed in Brock and he's proven that he can be a competent, confident quarterback for this team. I'm willing to believe again, but the leash is a lot shorter this time around.
            Look at the Texans this year and then compare them to last years team with Brock. Last year the teams highest point output was 27. They have scored 30+ 5 times already this season with almost the same offense. I am thinking Brock will not do too well here this season.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by False Start View Post
              No, he went (was allowed) to go to Minnesota.
              Lol good one. You jest, but there are actually some people out there who think he could start in this league

              Comment


              • #22
                I know people are going to be clamoring for Brees and Cousins this off season. I think that’s a bad idea.

                Brees is awesome but only a short term answer. Cousins is going to demand a HUGE contract.

                Brock is a free agent in March, Trevor imo will be released or traded this offseason, Chad Kelly IMO is a long shot. It’s also just so hard to make anything of Paxton Lynch right now.

                IMO it’s either Lynch or another rookie in 2018.

                Then Lynch will beat that rookie in training camp and it’ll cause another divide amongst the fanbase 😬
                Now go get your shine box

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I am not sure myself. I am regretfully not a big Trevor fan (though I like the guy), Paxton is still a project, Brock is Brock, and not sure I can sell the farm for Chad.

                  Now in fairness, another question should be...is our Oline going to be around together for long?

                  I guess I am one who loves security at the QB position. I am sure many others are as well. It is the leader on the field job, and whether or not a player has great talent matters a little less than the actual leadership they provide. If players are confident behind you, and trust you, and want to go to battle with you, you can get by with less talent. And if you have leadership and skill in your favour, well now, expect to be around for long while.

                  Our D is playing great ball....again. It is a bit difficult to see such effective play on one side and not the other. And again, this is not just about the QBs. O is a group affair, and Oliners must block, RBs must run, and WRs must catch.....etc.

                  But I can not help thinking ahead, maybe too far at times, as I wonder if we have the guy for the future on our roster. Many feel like Trevor has regressed after showing some promise. He may get it back, but right now he needs to sit back and absorb. As I say, I am not keen about Brock, for more than just his play. Seemed to get "big headed" last year, and seems to have turned off a load of teams along the way. Hey, we sure got him cheap! As mentioned, Paxton is a project and Chad is an unknown.

                  Would it be a crime to look elsewhere at some point....if this uncertainty continues? Will our D be as stalwart in a couple of years? Hopefully. Sure, you never press panic buttons, nor do you force the issue thinking that the other key component of your game will lose momentum.

                  But yes....I have some doubts. Perhaps I will be proven "confused for nothing" shortly. I hope so.
                  Trevor I think has hit his ceiling, probably a career back up who can come in and play well but never a full time starter.

                  Paxton I unfortunately don’t think has the work ethic or leadership skills to be a starter in this league.

                  Brock I don’t see more than a good back up ( I really hope I’m wrong)

                  Chad Kelly I haven’t seen him play so the jury isn’t out, word is first rd talent physically but 7th rd maturity
                  One thing that stands out to me is the first impression how all these guys carry themselves.

                  Siemien - seems like he wants sound like Peyton Manning.

                  Brock - very well spoken, nice guy

                  Paxton Lynch - sounds like he wants sound like Brock but comes off less intelligent

                  Chad Kelly - has an edge, has that I want the ball ( not sure if it’s the arrogance of a Jay Cutler or confidence of an Aaron’s Rodgers)

                  We need a guy the team believes in , a guy that lets Virgil Green and Fowler hear it when they drop the ball.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by False Start View Post
                    No, he went (was allowed) to go to Minnesota.
                    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Lol good one. You jest, but there are actually some people out there who think he could start in this league
                    Lets just say he's probably the best QB that wore a Broncos jersey this year...
                    [sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I am not sure myself. I am regretfully not a big Trevor fan (though I like the guy), Paxton is still a project, Brock is Brock, and not sure I can sell the farm for Chad.

                      Now in fairness, another question should be...is our Oline going to be around together for long?

                      I guess I am one who loves security at the QB position. I am sure many others are as well. It is the leader on the field job, and whether or not a player has great talent matters a little less than the actual leadership they provide. If players are confident behind you, and trust you, and want to go to battle with you, you can get by with less talent. And if you have leadership and skill in your favour, well now, expect to be around for long while.

                      Our D is playing great ball....again. It is a bit difficult to see such effective play on one side and not the other. And again, this is not just about the QBs. O is a group affair, and Oliners must block, RBs must run, and WRs must catch.....etc.

                      But I can not help thinking ahead, maybe too far at times, as I wonder if we have the guy for the future on our roster. Many feel like Trevor has regressed after showing some promise. He may get it back, but right now he needs to sit back and absorb. As I say, I am not keen about Brock, for more than just his play. Seemed to get "big headed" last year, and seems to have turned off a load of teams along the way. Hey, we sure got him cheap! As mentioned, Paxton is a project and Chad is an unknown.

                      Would it be a crime to look elsewhere at some point....if this uncertainty continues? Will our D be as stalwart in a couple of years? Hopefully. Sure, you never press panic buttons, nor do you force the issue thinking that the other key component of your game will lose momentum.

                      But yes....I have some doubts. Perhaps I will be proven "confused for nothing" shortly. I hope so.
                      Is the franchise qb on the roster? Everything I have seen tells me no.

                      Would not even worry about the qb at this point unless a future HoFer is available.

                      We need to fix this OL.
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                        Lets just say he's probably the best QB that wore a Broncos jersey this year...
                        I know. He should have been the second or third QB on this team at worst, and Elway should have traded Paxton Lynch away.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Brock is possible if he plays well turns it around and could be the long term. Is this super likely? No but possible.

                          Lynch is a big question mark and fact he's looked horrible for two seasons and couldn't win the job two years in a row vs Siemian very hard to say but he deserves a shot to continue to develop anyhow. I doubt Lynch just jumps into being NFL starter material but it's not definite yet.

                          I'm going to say that our future being on the roster rides on if Brock plays well rest of this season otherwise good chance not.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                            Wishful thinking is Chad Kelly has the ability to become the QB of the future. In reality, the team doesn't have a long term answer at the position. A lot will depend on where we pick in April. My pipe dream would be to throw a few firsts, a second and Ray at the Colts to land Luck. Going through these scenarios is depressing.
                            Chad Kelly has the most talent. He was historically accurate at Ole Miss, he has just as strong an arm as Kelly, and he's a huge competitor. He's a first round draft pick without the injuries and off field issues.
                            All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Wow, some of these replies are crazy:

                              Luck is NOT coming here, indy is not letting him go and I'm glad. He has done nothing after his 2nd years besided get a huge contract and sit on the sideline.

                              Kirk and Brees; Kirk probably get tagged again or gonna want big time money.. Brees just a quick fix. We need to find a qb for the future.

                              Brock- left denever got a big contact with texans got bench and traded to the browns, lost to a 2nd qb and get released again. People keep in mind the ONLY reason he is here is bc lynch got hurt.

                              Kelly- I hearing the same thing some of you just about say trevor is now for kelly. Just crazy. It's not to many Tom Brady or Terrell Davis you gonna find in the late rds so let it go people.

                              32 teams in the Nfl- 20 have 1st rd picks at qb

                              About 4 have -2nd rd picks

                              Like 2 3rd rds.

                              Broncos was the only team with a 7th rd qb starting for them. Never seen people wanting to see 7th rd qbs play so much... but then again probably why we are going backwards.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                                Chad Kelly has the most talent. He was historically accurate at Ole Miss, he has just as strong an arm as Kelly, and he's a huge competitor. He's a first round draft pick without the injuries and off field issues.
                                His draft profile tells a different story, namely that he cannot complete passes to his own players down the left side and that he has a hard time dealing with opposing teams in-game adjustments. It pretty much sounds like a recipe for failure, and frankly we need to see if Brock screwed up in Houston or Houston screwed up with Brock.

                                Weaknesses Lacks desired size and willing to take way too many hits outside the pocket. Has worked almost exclusively from shotgun and pistol. Struggles to maintain early success after halftime defensive adjustments. Completed just 2-of-12 deep shots down the left sideline in 2016. Under-throws some deep balls when trying to pass with touch. Inconsistent air under the ball. Saw interception percentage skyrocket when throwing to left side of the field. Woeful on back-shoulder fades. When pressure heads his way, he tucks and scoots rather than stands and delivers. Has random bouts of inaccuracy on wide receiver screens and outs. Throws nose-dive on move throws. Inconsistent working through progressions. Fails to see wide-open receivers, opting instead to make his job harder. Mind appears to be racing at times. Needs to manipulate safeties with lingering glares. Considered a character concern by some scouts; kicked off Clemson team for "detrimental conduct."
                                I cannot see any realistic reason that Kelly should not be exposed, and for me there is really nothing that Paxton has done that exceeds anything Brock has, so what is the attraction?

                                If Brock fails - then it is not that big of a deal, maybe Trevor gets his head right, maybe Paxton starts caring but for now we need to get excited for the "good Brock" that we saw some of in 2015. Lets be fair for us he did not have bad games - he had half games that were bad, and ex the Steelers game was a mix of great performance and then fading.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X