Broncos will upset the Eagles 20-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos will upset the Eagles 20-17

I think this is a trap game for the Eagles, Brock will play to what the defense gives him, Wentz will be contained by Denver's defense. I see the stars aligning for a Denver upset.

If we can score early. And we can put up atleast 14 points of offense on the board. And even get a defensive score on the board. Then I’m confident we can win this. My concern is that I watched the redskins eagles game and Carson Wentz is money under pressure always steps up and makes the throw has the ability to scramble out of would be sacks and burn the defense for positive yardage.

Comment

I agree, I can definitely see us winning this game. I think the offense will play with hope and passion which has been missing since the Dallas game. We did a great job stopping the KC offense which in my opinion is much better than Philly's offense.
      Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

I like Wentz, and have been rooting for the Eagles this year. But [obviously], I'll be rooting Denver on this game. And I'm hoping that Brock can get it done out there. Still... I don't think that we have the weapons that Philly has. And even if our offense steps up, and our D plays like it did in KC... I've still got SERIOUS concerns with our special teams and our coaching in general. So though I'll be hoping that this is a classic trap game... I sure wouldn't put any money on it.

Comment

Yes, also heard that Ertz is nursing a hamstring, which is our Achilles’ heel, covering TEs.
          I also have the feeling we can win this one, and we all know KC will fall down the stretch, Who knows maybe we can catch KC and end up winning the division, wouldn’t that be something, too have Brock come back take us to the playoffs. Would totally blow my mind.
          It is the NFL, where are parity is king and anything can happen.
          Gooo BRONCOOOOSSSS

Comment

As crazy as it sounds, I am feeling optimistic too. Not betting the paycheck confident but getting there!

I like the matchups. Bronco defense has to keep Wentz from killing them on scrambles and slow Ertz down. Think they can control the Eagles run game too. Especially with Peters out.

Obviously it comes down to the Broncos offense. Can they be competitive? Can they run the ball successfully enough? Will we see a reliable game manager or a confused and rattled QB?

Another thing that has me excited was the reports and press conferences today. Sanders sounded giddy about Osweiler taking over. Radio reports from practice today had Osweiler taking over offensive mtgs, including one w/o the coaches. Also was nailing the deep throws. Reports made it sound like the players (offense and defense) had an extra pep to their step today. Does any of it matter? I hope so!

Osweiler is saying the right things but can he deliver? He seems to be motivated to succeed this time around. He went from the heir apparent to the QB position to a laughing stock of the league. Going to be interesting to see if he can back up the confidence with solid competent play. If he can I think they have a decent shot at winning this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
              Yes, also heard that Ertz is nursing a hamstring, which is our Achilles’ heel, covering TEs.
              I also have the feeling we can win this one, and we all know KC will fall down the stretch, Who knows maybe we can catch KC and end up winning the division, wouldn’t that be something, too have Brock come back take us to the playoffs. Would totally blow my mind.
              It is the NFL, where are parity is king and anything can happen.
              Gooo BRONCOOOOSSSS
              I hope you're right. But I've seen a lot of years that we didn't make the playoffs and this year has that same feeling written all over it. We've been VERY fortunate that KC and OAK have stumbled (because they were scary early on). But it would have been nice if we would have been in a position to make immediate use of their losses by going a couple of games up on them... instead of hoping that we can get things together and hoping that they stumble some more. That's a lot of hope. Outside of 2015, I really haven't seen the long shot pay off for us. I never had my hopes set too high for this year anyways, but the last three games were pure soul-sucking, spirit-crushing torture. Still...the fact that we FINALLY pulled Trevor is reason for some hope at least. Without that, I'd have NONE for this weekend (or the season).

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                As crazy as it sounds, I am feeling optimistic too. Not betting the paycheck confident but getting there!

I like the matchups. Bronco defense has to keep Wentz from killing them on scrambles and slow Ertz down. Think they can control the Eagles run game too. Especially with Peters out.

Obviously it comes down to the Broncos offense. Can they be competitive? Can they run the ball successfully enough? Will we see a reliable game manager or a confused and rattled QB?

Another thing that has me excited was the reports and press conferences today. Sanders sounded giddy about Osweiler taking over. Radio reports from practice today had Osweiler taking over offensive mtgs, including one w/o the coaches. Also was nailing the deep throws. Reports made it sound like the players (offense and defense) had an extra pep to their step today. Does any of it matter? I hope so!

Osweiler is saying the right things but can he deliver? He seems to be motivated to succeed this time around. He went from the heir apparent to the QB position to a laughing stock of the league. Going to be interesting to see if he can back up the confidence with solid competent play. If he can I think they have a decent shot at winning this Sunday.
                That's very encouraging. I would imagine that most of the team would be glad at this point that ANY change had been made to what has been a sure recipe for disaster.

And I agree that Brock should have PLENTY motivating him to step-up and lead this team this time around. I was furious with him when he left. But I understand how it must have felt to receive basically NO snaps as Peyton's backup for years, to replacing him and playing better than he had been playing, to being yanked from the game, to being offered very good money from Houston. At any rate.... that's all history now and I'm hoping that Brock does well. It would be nice if he could become the QB that he was supposed to become after taking the reigns from Peyton. That would be quite the storybook ending for his career. I really don't see him having that kind of success, considering his struggles at HOU and CLE. But ya just never know in this league.

Comment

What dispensary sold you that bit o' optimism? I want some.

Comment

Here we go again, in on the weekly jynx thread.
                    I believe.

Comment

While I think the season is over (love the Broncos but being realistic) - a win gives us hope no?

We’d be 4-4. The Chiefs are clearly ahead (granted with 2 loses, a third this week would change things) but we’d at least be back in the WC race.

We’re probably the best “worst” team in the AFC right now - maybe with the exception of the Raiders (what the heck happened to them?!?!).

We beat the Eagles...We’re now back at home against the Pats...who knows? Maybe we can actually turn this around.

Yes, it’s wishful thinking. But I really want to watch our team this year. The D is amazing. I just hate the thought of another wasted year...we’re not going to have this D forever.

Comment

We have 0 shot to win this on the road. Philly D is close to as good as ours and forcing more turnovers. But their offense isn’t the worst in the league.

Brock is not an upgrade over Siemian. Just the next man up because Siemian lost the job on the field.

I am so confident we will not win this game I would be comfortable taking Philly as a survivor pick for the week.
                        sigpic

Comment

I look back at the last 3 games and the turnovers. IF we fixed this, the upcoming game will be interesting/ I for one will tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                            If we can score early. And we can put up atleast 14 points of offense on the board. And even get a defensive score on the board. Then I’m confident we can win this. My concern is that I watched the redskins eagles game and Carson Wentz is money under pressure always steps up and makes the throw has the ability to scramble out of would be sacks and burn the defense for positive yardage.
                            I agree however I do believe the Broncos will win this game I still see Carson Wentz being an Andrew luck/John Elway type of quarterback.

You know the type of quarterback that no matter what you do to him, he always comes out with the freakish effort and a play to win the game.

Comment

Rookie or new QBs just haven't had luck against our Defense in the last few years. I think Carson is in for a tougher game than he thinks

Comment

Working...
                              X