Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching is definitely in question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coaching is definitely in question

    I am starting to believe with all the penalties, dropped passes, fumbles, wrong routes, poor QB decisions and the weekly excuses are a result of coaching. It is like we may hear that the practices during the week are going well only to get embarrassed on Sunday. I wonder if the practices are too easy? Shouldn't they practice like they play on Sunday? I understand the injury argument against that but it each week looks worse and worse in all phases of the game. Now our defense is getting torched by WRs & TEs that we normally wouldn't be worried about. Are we missing team leadership? Our team captains are getting benched or burned, so how are they supposed to tell the players to step it up? Also, I am not buying this "Leader of Men" stuff, the results are just not there. It is like the whole year, the talk doesn't match the performance, and VJ has shocked me with what he's been saying and I wonder if he is not getting any pressure to win, because he sure takes a long time to come to conclusions and the expense of team loses.

    This said, I hope we don't go through another regime change, each time it just sets us back a couple of years, I'd like to see Elway put a little fire under the coaching staff, or maybe the VP may need to do that because we are losing games on execution.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

  • #2
    Demaryius was dropping passes and touchdowns going back to John Fox days.

    Comment


    • #3
      Coaching definitely a problem but it is more IMO.

      We have always had mentally weak players. See the Seahawk Super Bowl loss.

      To make the team tougher we signed Kubiak, Wade, Ware and Ward.

      We got tougher and won a ring.

      Now all those guys gone and we reverting back to the mentally weak team we were before
      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah, coaching is definitely a big part of the problem. At this point with all of our penalties, bone-head plays, etc, the coaches need to put the focus on fundamental football and a little less than trying to out-scheme the other team. We can't run our fancy plays if we are holding and false starting our way into the negative.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
          Demaryius was dropping passes and touchdowns going back to John Fox days.
          Thomas is not a number one wide receiver it. He's not that play making guy that's going to save the drive he's not that guy that defensive coordinators lose sleep over.

          We should've traded him a long time ago and that's another one of Elways mistakes, giving him the amount of money that he did.

          Some of you guys who are screaming for Kirk cousins. Well packaged Thomas with some draft picks and trade him for Cousins.
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-06-2017, 01:24 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            A few years ago we were cash-strapped and the Jaguars had tons of money to spend. There really was not much John Elway could do to keep Julius Thomas and Malik Jackson in Denver. Cutting T.J. Ward OTOH is a head scratcher. He was only earning $4 million, not bad for a member of the No Fly Zone. One thing that surprises me is bringing Mike McCoy back has not helped the offense.
            Last edited by Denver Scores; 11-06-2017, 01:28 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
              A few years ago we were cash-strapped and the Jaguars had tons of money to spend. There really was not much John Elway could do to keep Julius Thomas and Malik Jackson in Denver. Cutting T.J. Ward OTOH is a head scratcher. He was only earning $4 million, not bad for a member of the No Fly Zone. One thing that surprises me is bringing Mike McCoy back has not helped the offense.
              Elway couldn't pony up to pay Malik yet he was prepared to give Oz
              16 million?

              Now I know what you're going to say. Your going to say that the quarterback position was a bigger necessity than a nasty penetrating defense of tackle however John Elway had four years to evaluate Brock Osweiler's play. He should've known better than to offer Brock that much to begin with. And no I'm not going to you say that Gary Kubiak's offense masked Brock Osweiler's inabilities. It all comes back to John Elway's inability to evaluate talent on the offense of side of the ball.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                Elway couldn't pony up to pay Malik yet he was prepared to give Oz
                16 million?

                Now I know what you're going to say. Your going to say that the quarterback position was a bigger necessity than a nasty penetrating defense of tackle however John Elway had four years to evaluate Brock Osweiler's play. He should've known better than to offer Brock that much to begin with. And no I'm not going to you say that Gary Kubiak's offense masked Brock Osweiler's inabilities. It all comes back to John Elway's inability to evaluate talent on the offense of side of the ball.
                I agree with you that drafting on offense has been more miss than hit. That said, defense was the main focus for the first several years. I remember people complaining that he wasn't drafting good enough on the defensive side of the ball and he was relying too much on FA. Now the defensive draft picks are starting to pan out. He obviously became negligent on offensive drafting because we had Manning and he was focussed on D.

                My point is that although he has undeniably missed on offensive drafting, he can still right the ship. He is nothing short of obsessive when it comes to winning, so I honestly believe he will do anything possible to right the ship. He definitely messed up by drafting willy-nilly on offense because Manning had us in the top 5 offensively for several seasons. he does not get a free pass for that. I'm just saying he isn't incompetent.

                With all that said, I honestly don't know what the proper solution would be if not Elway. Recruit an AD from a college team? I'm all for change if it makes sense, but I'm not sure what that would be
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  I agree with you that drafting on offense has been more miss than hit. That said, defense was the main focus for the first several years. I remember people complaining that he wasn't drafting good enough on the defensive side of the ball and he was relying too much on FA. Now the defensive draft picks are starting to pan out. He obviously became negligent on offensive drafting because we had Manning and he was focussed on D.

                  My point is that although he has undeniably missed on offensive drafting, he can still right the ship. He is nothing short of obsessive when it comes to winning, so I honestly believe he will do anything possible to right the ship. He definitely messed up by drafting willy-nilly on offense because Manning had us in the top 5 offensively for several seasons. he does not get a free pass for that. I'm just saying he isn't incompetent.

                  With all that said, I honestly don't know what the proper solution would be if not Elway. Recruit an AD from a college team? I'm all for change if it makes sense, but I'm not sure what that would be
                  I don't mean to discredit him so much but facts are facts and I'm not saying I want Elway gone.

                  I'm not saying that by any means, however I am saying I would like for him to give up his responsibilities for scouting offensive talent. The same way he asked Gary Kubiak to give up the offensive play calling, he needs to leave the offensive drafting alone and bring in People with proven creditdentals for just that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    I don't mean to discredit him so much but facts are facts and I'm not saying I want Elway gone.

                    I'm not saying that by any means, however I am saying I would like for him to give up his responsibilities for scouting offensive talent. The same way he asked Gary Kubiak to give up the offensive play calling, he needs to leave the offensive drafting alone and bring in People with proven creditdentals for just that.
                    I actually think he relies heavily on the scouting department. I also think there's a reason he brought Kubiak into the scouting department. None of us are behind closed door or in the "war room", so it's hard to say what actually goes on. Elway uses the word "consensus" so much, that I have to believe it is a full group effort. In the end, however, it is Elway who pulls the trigger.

                    I'm honestly excited/curious to see how this offseason goes. Mostly because we don't have a lot to be excited about this season. I'm fully expecting some fireworks.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I swear, Vance Joseph is John Fox 2.0. Just a good all-around guy, but no competitive edge to win. You can see it in the way he carries himself and talks to the press.
                      I believe.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        VJ might be worse then McDummy...wait VJ is worse then McDummy. VJ looks lost on the sideline and I truly believe VJ has lost the locker room. OK Elway you let go of Foxy and he at least took us to the playoffs the year he was fired. Time to move on Elway.
                        sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                        Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                        PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          yiou can tell how clueless he is

                          on a crucial drive, sanders caught a first down, brought the ball in, took two full steps, and then went down where his knees touched down inbounds, before losing the ball on the roll

                          but two steps and a knee down is a catch...he refused to challenge and opted for a long FG

                          later with a eagles deep ball, clear catch...he challenges it????
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Thomas is not a number one wide receiver it. He's not that play making guy that's going to save the drive he's not that guy that defensive coordinators lose sleep over.

                            We should've traded him a long time ago and that's another one of Elways mistakes, giving him the amount of money that he did.

                            Some of you guys who are screaming for Kirk cousins. Well packaged Thomas with some draft picks and trade him for Cousins.
                            I'd be down with that -depending on where we finish and how high those draft picks are.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
                              I swear, Vance Joseph is John Fox 2.0. Just a good all-around guy, but no competitive edge to win. You can see it in the way he carries himself and talks to the press.
                              Sorry VJ is McDummy 2.0 At least Foxy had somewhat of a clue.
                              sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
                              Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
                              PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X