Coaching is definitely in question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    As long as Wednesday's practice is the best practice of the year, VJ may not care who our next opponent is.
    What's the saying... "the only team that can beat us is us"

Lol

Comment

Live lookin at Broncos coaching staff:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
        A few years ago we were cash-strapped and the Jaguars had tons of money to spend. There really was not much John Elway could do to keep Julius Thomas and Malik Jackson in Denver. Cutting T.J. Ward OTOH is a head scratcher. He was only earning $4 million, not bad for a member of the No Fly Zone. One thing that surprises me is bringing Mike McCoy back has not helped the offense.
        Ward is on the downhill side of his career. He's no longer a starting safety in this league. But I think you're right about the cap space issues which are only going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by colowoz View Post

Cutting Ward was a big mistake as his replacement does not have that level of talent. No-Fly-Zone worked and they have destroyed 3what was the highlight on this team.
          This isn't really true. Ward didn't fit what they wanted to change this defense to. Plus he's not even starting for Tampa Bay. He's apart of a 4 man rotation at S with a rookie and Chris Conte getting the nod over him.

The only mistake made was that they didn't get rid of Stewart as well. I understand how bold it would've been to cut 2 big name Safeties but Simmons and Parks have both outplayed Stewart here and Ward in Tampa IMO

Comment

Im still scratching my head over this hire. I havent a clue as to what Elway saw in VJ. There was no body of work to base the hire on. Being a "leader of men" makes not an NFL head coach. Shame, VJ took a playoff ready team and turned it into a dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              Im still scratching my head over this hire. I havent a clue as to what Elway saw in VJ. There was no body of work to base the hire on. Being a "leader of men" makes not an NFL head coach. Shame, VJ took a playoff ready team and turned it into a dumpster fire.
              Kind of brings Elways judgement into question as well doesn't it.

I'd like to keep joe woods on board minus VJs defensive zone schemes and rehire Kubiak as HC with Musgrave calling the shots at OC or bring in Jim Harbaugh and allow him full control of the offense including personnel.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-08-2017, 03:52 AM.

Comment

With Elway being such a bad judge of talent on QBs, does that mean we had the best QB in house and how he is playing for the Vikings? Vikings really like Sloter and don't want to take him off their 53 man roster in fear they may lose him on waivers and a few teams inquired to trade for him just before the deadline, I guarantee one of those teams wasn't Denver, that would have been a hit to the ego. We'll see if he develops into something, if he does that will most likely come up in a future story.
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                  Kind of brings Elways judgement into question as well doesn't it.

I'd like to keep joe woods on board minus VJs defensive zone schemes and rehire Kubiak as HC with Musgrave calling the shots at OC or bring in Jim Harbaugh and allow him full control of the offense including personnel.
                  I like the Harbaugh idea, but I wonder if he would be another Josh McDaniels, where he is too harsh in his style and he loses the team going the opposite direction that VJ did by being to buddy, buddy with the players and afraid to hurt their feelings.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
                    With Elway being such a bad judge of talent on QBs, does that mean we had the best QB in house and how he is playing for the Vikings? Vikings really like Sloter and don't want to take him off their 53 man roster in fear they may lose him on waivers and a few teams inquired to trade for him just before the deadline, I guarantee one of those teams wasn't Denver, that would have been a hit to the ego. We'll see if he develops into something, if he does that will most likely come up in a future story.
                    With Lynch being hurt, Trevor coming off a mediocre season and even if we brought in BO anyways I see no reason why we shouldn't have brought in Sloter on the max like the Viking did. Even if we had to move PL to IR and move KS to the active roster - IMO it would have been worth it. The numbers at the end of the season weren't going to line up anyways and it is always better to keep and develop promising young QB talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      With Lynch being hurt, Trevor coming off a mediocre season and even if we brought in BO anyways I see no reason why we shouldn't have brought in Sloter on the max like the Viking did. Even if we had to move PL to IR and move KS to the active roster - IMO it would have been worth it. The numbers at the end of the season weren't going to line up anyways and it is always better to keep and develop promising young QB talent.
                      Ah yes, the Denver fan ability to hype of the 3rd string QB based off preseason.

Remember when Bradley Van Pelt was going to lead us to the promised land? Tom Brandstater? KS is gone, just like every other God-like 3rd stringer that gets overhyped while playing with scrubs. They put him up against our 1's in practice and he crumbled like brittle stone.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X