Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching to Billy Musgrave style of offense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching to Billy Musgrave style of offense?

Per radio sources, (104.3 the fan) there is word around UC Health that VJ may make a switch from Mike McCoys style of offense to Billy Musgraves.

I can't say that I'd oppose the idea since McCoys offense isn't really doing much however it most likely would not make a difference with the personnel that we have but it could show us who the better coordinator is for future reference.

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Per radio sources, (104.3 the fan) there is word around UC Health that VJ may make a switch from Mike McCoys style of offense to Billy Musgraves.

I can't say that I'd oppose the idea since McCoys offense isn't really doing much however it most likely would not make a difference with the personnel that we have but it could show us who the better coordinator is for future reference.
    This needs to happen. Along with the switch, it needs to be Musgrave (not McCoy) calling plays. Musgrave should have been the OC to begin with IMO.
    sigpic

Comment

It is time to make many changes. I'm all for moving to Musgrave as OC. I would like to see more personnel changes as well since it's time to start seeing what we have behind our so-called starters. Still would like to see McGovern get a shot.
      sigpic

Comment

Mike McCoy is our biggest problem

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
          Mike McCoy is our biggest problem
          Obviously, you know I'm in full agreement. I think we'd have won at least 2 more games this year if Musgrave had been the OC since day one. I fully support a change, heck, fire Mike for all I care!
          sigpic

Comment

What I would like to see:

1) Stop the 3-RB rotation. Feed CJ Anderson. 20 carries against the Chargers, 25 carries against the Cowboys, the offense was rolling. Only 8 carries against the Bills in a close game. I don't care if the defense is loading the box; every defense loads the box against the top-running teams and they keep running the ball. The Broncos win when CJ carries the load.

2) Give Janovich more snaps on offense, use him in the passing game. This offense is struggling to get 1st downs. A fullback with Janovich's receiving skills can get some easy 1st downs against linebackers running simple, quick routes. He probably catches the ball better than all our TEs.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              Obviously, you know I'm in full agreement. I think we'd have won at least 2 more games this year if Musgrave had been the OC since day one. I fully support a change, heck, fire Mike for all I care!
              I'm with you on that.

Wish he was never brought back cause I hated his predictable play-calling ever since he was OC under McDevil and then Fox.

I loved Musgrave's attacking, aggressive style of offense he called with the Raiders last season. Still don't understand why they let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                What I would like to see:

1) Stop the 3-RB rotation. Feed CJ Anderson. 20 carries against the Chargers, 25 carries against the Cowboys, the offense was rolling. Only 8 carries against the Bills in a close game. I don't care if the defense is loading the box; every defense loads the box against the top-running teams and they keep running the ball. The Broncos win when CJ carries the load.

2) Give Janovich more snaps on offense, use him in the passing game. This offense is struggling to get 1st downs. A fullback with Janovich's receiving skills can get some easy 1st downs against linebackers running simple, quick routes. He probably catches the ball better than all our TEs.
                Yes, please. Also wouldn't mind seeing some more personnel changes, like McGovern at RG and Leary at LG. Garcia looks terrible most the time and this whole Garcia/Barbre rotation fiasco is for the birds. Let's start making some real changes and stop just saying "We need to figure it out."
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                  It is time to make many changes. I'm all for moving to Musgrave as OC. I would like to see more personnel changes as well since it's time to start seeing what we have behind our so-called starters. Still would like to see McGovern get a shot.
                  I think it would be interesting to see how things get if Musgrave became the OC and called the plays.

On the other, he currently is the QB coach so it doesn't seem like his coaching of the QBs has paid dividends either. Trevor regressed, Paxton's not developing and Oz is Oz. But it can't be denied how he helped Carr.

But I do believe that McCoy is a huge part of the issue because of his predicable, stale and non-scoring offense. I'd support removing McCoy and turning it over to Musgrave.
                  Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-09-2017, 04:07 AM.
                  Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

At this point I think they are just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks hoping something-- anything, does!

The wall has a lot of stains on it, but so far nothing has stuck.
                    sigpic

Comment

Musgrave was responsible for one of the best offenses last year in the Raiders. Need to see that with us.
                      Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
                        At this point I think they are just throwing things against the wall to see what sticks hoping something-- anything, does!

The wall has a lot of stains on it, but so far nothing has stuck.
                        Even if this is what is being done at least it is something. It is also not a bad idea as others have said to see who is better suited for the job. IE. looking ahead seeing which of our players we should keep, which we should simply walk away from and which players we think we can replace and still have some trade value....

Comment

UC Health???

I'm sorry? What, why are they cited here?

Comment

Originally posted by False Start View Post
                            UC Health???

I'm sorry? What, why are they cited here?
                            UC Health is the sponsor of the Broncos practice facility, so they're just referring to the practice facility. "Dove Valley" probably would have been better.

Comment

Won't matter, the plays being called aren't the issue, it's the lack of execution on those plays which is the problem. Could be Bill Walsh from the 80's or Mike Shanahan from 94-98 calling plays, until the players start performing it won't matter.

Bill Musgrave wasn't thought of as a good OC until he was given a great o-line and Carr matured, and even then he was fired at the end of the season. The o-line and QB situations are still a mess here, so I don't think we'll see magic here.

My final point, Musgrave and McCoy have run similar offenses, so I'm curious what people expect to be the difference now?

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing this as anything more than shuffling the deck chairs on the titanic.

Comment

Working...
                              X