Jamal Carter???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamal Carter???

I dont recall seeing him on the field this season, has he even been activated?? He was a stud in the preseason and possibly could help us cover TE's. If I were Vance i would activate and start him instead of Simmons for sure.

Simmons has been pretty good, growing pains for sure but he's been the best of our trip of safeties. Parks has looked better than Stewart this season IMO but Parks isn't playing a typical safety role either

Comment

What are you talking about. Simmons has been very good for us. I’d say Simmons has outplayed Darian Stewart so far. Stewart has been disappointing this season. Doesn’t seem to bring the same intensity he did the last two years. And our middle linebackers have been disappointing. Who hasn’t been disappointing? Simmons and Parks.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBalla2k5 View Post
        I dont recall seeing him on the field this season, has he even been activated?? He was a stud in the preseason and possibly could help us cover TE's. If I were Vance i would activate and start him instead of Simmons for sure.
        He's been active in every game this season and has played on special teams. If the losses do continue to pile up, I'd like to see some of the younger players get some snaps, Carter being one of them. De'Angelo Henderson too.

Comment

He currently plays LT on punt, and I believe he's on KO as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
            What are you talking about. Simmons has been very good for us. I’d say Simmons has outplayed Darian Stewart so far. Stewart has been disappointing this season. Doesn’t seem to bring the same intensity he did the last two years. And our middle linebackers have been disappointing. Who hasn’t been disappointing? Simmons and Parks.
            He had a game sealing INT against Oakland , except from that he really havent any made any game changing plays. Carter is a better blitzer, has pretty good coverage skills. Stewart will benefit from having Carter in the lineup just like when TJ Ward was in the box making plays.

Comment

I can't even remember Jamal Carter's jersey number. He is on the field, but not enough to draw much attention.

Comment

He had a game sealing INT against Oakland , except from that he really havent any made any game changing plays. Carter is a better blitzer, has pretty good coverage skills. Stewart will benefit from having Carter in the lineup just like when TJ Ward was in the box making plays.
                Stewart's play isn't suffering because TJ Ward is gone, it's suffering because the entire defense has changed around him and he doesn't really fit it. The only thing different with Ward gone is that now Stewart is being put into more man coverage situations where Ward was good at, just too short to be effective. Stewart does not fit what we're trying to do defensively. If we want Simmons to man up on a TE it leaves Stewart as the single high safety and he has never excelled in that role, it was masked under Wade Phillips because we got a lot of pressure.

Stewart should be a candidate to get traded with Will Parks taking his place and Carter stepping into the hybrid role. I'd test the waters with the Rams for Barron or Ogletree to replace Todd Davis

Comment

Yea I like Carter, parks, and Simmons but stew? He isn't the same this year. To be honest our inside linebackers are a bigger issue but the coaching staff seems to like our lb core...I really don't tho.
                  GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRider89 View Post
                    Yea I like Carter, parks, and Simmons but stew? He isn't the same this year. To be honest our inside linebackers are a bigger issue but the coaching staff seems to like our lb core...I really don't tho.
                    Is Carter #20? Can't remember.
                    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Tj ward was essentially the 5th linebacker in our defense the past few years. Simmons can play in the box and center field but he doesn't really excel as an in the box safety. I think Carter's ability to blitz will put some of the fear in QB's like Ward did.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
                        Is Carter #20? Can't remember.
                        yeah that is him.

Comment

yeah that is him.
                          Thanks. I like knowing I am not the only one with that question.

Comment

Big fan of darian Stewart but it's true his play has suffered this year. Simmons has been solid this year but parks has been so so. Wonder if they'll ever play carter

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRider89 View Post
                              The scheme is the bigger issue than the personnel. Playing their hybrid 40 under it puts pressure on Denver to either cover TEs and backs with one of their two pass rushers, or matchup against a linebacker who's lined up inside. Move the Sam position back 5 steps, move Miller to the weak side position. And now you've got a better alignment to cover those backs. The only alignment change is taking the sam and walking him back. Personnel change means you need another true LB and Ray/Barrett become nickel and dime rushers.

You've also got more you can do with blitzes and coverage from that base set.
                              Last edited by Butler By'Note; 11-07-2017, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X