Watson to IR Broncos Sign Cyrus Kouandjio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson to IR Broncos Sign Cyrus Kouandjio

The*Denver Broncos*placed*offensive tackle*Menelik Watson*on injured reserve Wednesday due to torn tendon in his foot, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The fifth-year veteran will be out for the remainder of the season.

Watson, who also suffered a calf injury earlier this season, is the second*Broncos*left tackle to be placed on IR in 2017.*Billy Turner*suffered a hand injury against the*Giants*and underwent surgery the next day.

With Watson done, the team signed former*Buffalo Bills*offensive tackle*Cyrus Kouandjio*to take up his place on the roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...k-watson-on-ir

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
    The*Denver Broncos*placed*offensive tackle*Menelik Watson*on injured reserve Wednesday due to torn tendon in his foot, a source with knowledge of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. The fifth-year veteran will be out for the remainder of the season.

Watson, who also suffered a calf injury earlier this season, is the second*Broncos*left tackle to be placed on IR in 2017.*Billy Turner*suffered a hand injury against the*Giants*and underwent surgery the next day.

With Watson done, the team signed former*Buffalo Bills*offensive tackle*Cyrus Kouandjio*to take up his place on the roster.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...k-watson-on-ir
    Could be an upgrade if he's not waking up naked and going to the hospital. What a bizarre event
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

Comment

Our biggest offseason free agent acquisition is place on IR and is now done for the year.

I dont know whats worse; that our biggest offseason acquisition is done for the year or the fact that Menelik Watson was our biggest acquisition.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Biggest acquisition was Domata Peko

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
          Our biggest offseason free agent acquisition is place on IR and is now done for the year.

I dont know whats worse; that our biggest offseason acquisition is done for the year or the fact that Menelik Watson was our biggest acquisition.
          ddint know watson's name was Leary...

Comment

Leary was a bigger acquisition than Watson was....
            GO BRONCOS!!!

Comment

I am assuming that this guy is better than Watson . I'm also assuming that he is better than Donald Stephenson but something is telling me that Vance Joseph and John Elway are not going to let him play unless Donald Stephenson suffers another injury.

Denver situation just got worse because Stephenson is worse than Watson believe it or not and our coach and general manager are going to show us just how Insane they are by Marching Stephenson out there on the field ahead of everyone else even Barbre.

Stephenson starts if healthy!
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-08-2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Losing Menelik Watson is not really a 'lost' considering it's as though he's not out there when he's actually out there anyway.

Same goes for Donald Stephenson...they both need to be released at season's end.

Comment

Where pass blocking is concerned lost is what Watson has looked like for most of the season. He might even make bad plays on the IR, we'll see...

Maybe this is an upgrade.

Comment

He's had injury problems his whole career, this isn't surprising.

I wanna say the o-line can't get any worse, but.... somehow they will probably find a way to get worse

Comment

I thank a 55 pound 6 year old girl would be an upgrade from Watson and Stephenson lol

Comment

This guy was beat out by Greg Robinson, he's not an upgrade

Comment

Originally posted by kona bronco View Post
                          Biggest acquisition was Domata Peko
                          Originally posted by BroncoRider89 View Post
                          Leary was a bigger acquisition than Watson was....
                          Both great signings. Can't really say the same for Watson and Kerr, 50% success rate

Comment

Thank God for small favors & I read some report that the team "may" have an out of Watson's contract after this season. Kouandjio is 6-foot-7, 322 pounds, and was once the top ranked high school tackle in America, and the fourth ranked player in the country overall according to Rivals. He played his college football at Alabama, where he failed to live up to lofty expectations.
                            Bronco Bob

Comment

Being an Auburn fan I'm very familiar with Cyrus.

Not sure if you all recall but after the Auburn national championship Cyrus was a signing day flip to Auburn. Only 6-8 hours start to go by and he has not sent in his LOI (Letter of Intent). Turns out his older brother who was at Bama and all his family called him saying he was making a mistake. 2 days later he signs with Alabama and that was basically the last time he was a big name.

As already mentioned he failed to live up to the hype at Alabama (which is kind of hard to do on their offensive line since you have nothing but studs helping you out). Most of my Bama family and friends were disappointed in him. And he has continued to not live up to expectations as a pro. Not only is he not an upgrade over Watson but he is likely a downgrade despite his size.

But I would be more than stoked for him to go prove me wrong.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X