Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why give up on a coach after one season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Broncos have their worst offense in years. Worst pass offense since 2011 (Tim Tebow started 11 games).Fewest yards/play since 2001 (Terrell Davis played 8 games in final season). Fewest PPG since 1992 (John Elway missed 4 games with shoulder injury)"

Our 24.8ppg given up defensively is also the worst mark since 2011.

Yikes
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 11-12-2017, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      "The Broncos have their worst offense in years. Worst pass offense since 2011 (Tim Tebow started 11 games).Fewest yards/play since 2001 (Terrell Davis played 8 games in final season). Fewest PPG since 1992 (John Elway missed 4 games with shoulder injury)"

Our 24.8ppg given up defensively is also the worst mark since 2011.

Yikes
      Outside of one game the defense has been holding on for deer life in what should have been multiple blow out games given the lack of offensive help and the turnovers that lead to great field posistion for the other team.

Comment

this might have already been said in this thread... but in response to the question posed in the title... why spend two years trying to fit a square peg through a round hole, when you can just spend one, and pick up a round peg?
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Vance said he would not pull McKenzie because it wouldn't be fair to McKenzie or his future.

That comment alone may have sealed his fate. I'm but am I mistaken, I thought it was about the Denver Broncos and what's best for them.
          Can he pull him now?

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

This head coach is so stupid it's hilarious. Left punter, harder to catch the punt, and McKenzie was back there despite all the fumbles. Learn from mistakes? Nah...
            sigpic

Comment

I also loved the short kick with our crappy kickoff coverage. Another touchdown in Vance Joseph and Brock Olivo's butt. Great coaching.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                Don't agree with this comment at all. This team won a superbowl 2 seasons ago. There shouldn't be an expectation that we be a bottom feeder. We're not 'spoiled' for wanting our team be competitive. The fact is is that everyone is happy and grateful that we won a SB. But that doesn't mean that after you win a superbowl, we should be okay with being a 4-12 team. Whether the head coach is doing a good job one way or the other, that's another matter. I'm more than willing to give VJ another year to work with, but that doesn't mean that his first year here is excusable. He is doing a horrible job coaching, and has no idea how to prepare this team against upcoming teams. Not only that, he's experimenting with things that have already proven to work, such as our man coverage defense and trying to turn it into zone. Will he fix this team next year? I hope so. Because after that I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Or maybe we can get reminded constantly how 'spoiled' and 'temper tantrum' prone we are every time we miss the playoffs.
                No one ever said we should be "ok" with a bad season.

But...honestly, we havent really had a bad season yet under Elway. This year certainly looks the part, but what our final record will be is as yet undetermined.

And even if it is....as noted...bad seasons WILL happen.

We as a fan base really are spoiled in that it rarely happens to us. But we are not immune. No team is.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
                  "Several"? Does that mean you would accept three straight seasons of this?

It's because the team has a history of winning that people are impatient with losing. It's completely legitimate to ask if the current troubles are a necessary transition to making the team a contender, or are they an indication that this coach was simply a bad choice. What was your attitude about McD? Did you want him to stay to "give him a chance"?
                  Good lord, I never said there werent legitimate issues, or questions. I clearly stated they certainly exist.

But this whole tar and feather approach after less than one half of one season?

Stupid. Just my opinion.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                    Good lord, I never said there werent legitimate issues, or questions. I clearly stated they certainly exist.

But this whole tar and feather approach after less than one half of one season?

Stupid. Just my opinion.
                    What, in your opinion, has VJ brought to the team that's positive? If you don't like this negativity (such as reports that the team has essentially quit on him, his apparent soft approach with players, etc.) after half a season, when "in your opinion" is it justified? A full season? Two? Three?

Comment

I don't disagree with the OPs premise, but you need to show something. Like, one well managed game? Something other than "we had a good practice" or "it's okay, we're only down by two scores." Just one little thing to build on?

Comment

.....and you need to have some command and leadership. VJ looks lost and doesn't even know why we are losing. He doesn't hold people accountable for mistakes.

Comment

I’m slowly becoming convinced this is a mixed bad of bad GM decisions and bad coaching.

I love Elway so I’m willing to be patient but I can admit he has weaknesses.

Vj I said weeks ago only bad teams fire a coach after 5 weeks into their first season. However the path we are on I may be ok with it by seasons end.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            I’m slowly becoming convinced this is a mixed bad of bad GM decisions and bad coaching.

I love Elway so I’m willing to be patient but I can admit he has weaknesses.

Vj I said weeks ago only bad teams fire a coach after 5 weeks into their first season. However the path we are on I may be ok with it by seasons end.
                            Yes the FO and coaching staff by the play on the field are looking like a massive cluster right now. If VJ and the staff get blown out tonight the team needs to make drastic changes with the staff like firing the special teams coach, cutting a few players as well. Then if VJ cannot put even a competitive game plan in place I would say fire him at the end of the season.

Comment

The preparation and in-game coaching are beyond awful. I don't see how you can make any argument to keep things as they are. Some major changes have to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk View Post
                                The preparation and in-game coaching are beyond awful. I don't see how you can make any argument to keep things as they are. Some major changes have to happen.
                                This ^^^^^^
                                Small example: why did we not go for 2 and make it a 10 pt game? That shifts the game to a FG + TD instead of 2 TD's... You miss on the 2... Guess what, it's still a 2 TD game.
                                Then, his body language... Just says I'm not in command. Like the look on his face when we had 10 men on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X