Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Paxton Lynch era should be upon us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Paxton Lynch era should be upon us

    Albeit this might not be such a long lived era, but with this Broncos organization a complete dumpster fire from top to bottom and already out of contention with no shot at making the playoffs, might as well put the kid out there and let him sink or swim. What have you got to lose at this point? Plus you get to find out if Lynch has anything which the Broncos need to know going forward and it allows Denver to tank without "tanking" if he's worse than Siemian and Osweiler who are clearly not the long term answer at QB.

    Oh and btw just a memo to VJ and Olivio, sorry but that McKenzie kid ain't ready for the NFL folks. What the hell were you guys thinking?

  • #2
    I'd stick with Oz honestly. QB play wasn't the problem last night. Brock and Sanders had some great freaking chemistry. We know Lynch is bust city, lets give Oz the rest of the season to see if he could he a competitive option for next year.

    With a better coaching staff, I'd be good with bringing back brock and then drafting a QB to compete with him going forward.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd go with OZ also!!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow man don't tell me you think Oz is the long term answer at QB. Why the hell did we move up in the first round to select Paxton and not even play him during his second season? That would be another poor decision in a long list of bad decisions made by the Broncos brass imo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sendacash View Post
          Wow man don't tell me you think Oz is the long term answer at QB. Why the hell did we move up in the first round to select Paxton and not even play him during his second season? That would be another poor decision in a long list of bad decisions made by the Broncos brass imo
          Paxton's worthless dude, if you haven't figured that out, I'm not entirely sure how to point you in the right direction. Brock on the other hand has shown flashes of being capable of being a decent QB. Yes, he was a disaster in Houston, but the coaching staff also DID NOT want him and basically shortchanged him.

          I'm not saying he's the long term answer, but even if we draft a stud first round QB in a deep QB draft, there is no guarantee he starts. Brock would be a good stop gap, and possibly a good backup if the rookie was ready.

          Paxton Lynch is not a good stop gap, he's not the future, and he'd be a terrible backup. He was yet another terrible first round pick by this team.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sendacash View Post
            Albeit this might not be such a long lived era, but with this Broncos organization a complete dumpster fire from top to bottom and already out of contention with no shot at making the playoffs, might as well put the kid out there and let him sink or swim. What have you got to lose at this point? Plus you get to find out if Lynch has anything which the Broncos need to know going forward and it allows Denver to tank without "tanking" if he's worse than Siemian and Osweiler who are clearly not the long term answer at QB.

            Oh and btw just a memo to VJ and Olivio, sorry but that McKenzie kid ain't ready for the NFL folks. What the hell were you guys thinking?
            Lynch was a wasted draft pick.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sendacash View Post
              Wow man don't tell me you think Oz is the long term answer at QB. Why the hell did we move up in the first round to select Paxton and not even play him during his second season? That would be another poor decision in a long list of bad decisions made by the Broncos brass imo
              They swung and missed on Lynch. No need to compound the mistake by playing him. They know he isn’t good. The change at QB has netted a result of losing by at least 23 points a game. And that’s with a guy with experience at the QB position.

              Comment


              • #8
                We know what we have in Lynch already. I'd rather let Brock work through this mess. Our two best WR's are actually finally getting the ball downfield. Just need to build on the the drives that are ending in FG's. But at least he's ending drives with scores early in the game. To go to Lynch, we might as well go back to Trev.
                #swapping

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by flosstein View Post
                  We know what we have in Lynch already. I'd rather let Brock work through this mess. Our two best WR's are actually finally getting the ball downfield. Just need to build on the the drives that are ending in FG's. But at least he's ending drives with scores early in the game. To go to Lynch, we might as well go back to Trev.
                  Yup, I agree. I think we stick with Brock, fire McCoy and promote Musgrave to OC. Much of our redzone issues are poor playcalling.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                    I'd stick with Oz honestly. QB play wasn't the problem last night. Brock and Sanders had some great freaking chemistry. We know Lynch is bust city, lets give Oz the rest of the season to see if he could he a competitive option for next year.

                    With a better coaching staff, I'd be good with bringing back brock and then drafting a QB to compete with him going forward.
                    It’s no longer about winning it’s about figuring out what we do and don’t have going foward. Are we hitching our wagon to average for next year? 2.5 games is not enough to move on from lynch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Brock is the best QB on the roster. The season is all over but the crying, so if we don't see Paxton on the field this season it'll show us all how bad Paxton really is. I wish I was wrong, but Paxton is 3rd string QB at best. Elway dug himself this hole, now he has to dig his self out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lynch has played what 3 games in his career and is already a life time bust lol

                        Elway and Manning would have never made it in this era lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't you love Chris Collinsworth giving props to Osweiler and then he throws a pick seconds later?

                          We have played the 2 best teams in football back to back, so trying to determine long term solutions when you are not able to run the whole offense,because you are getting your brains beat out, is difficult to determine. If Elway wants to see Lynch they will play him, if he doesn't then Oz. That is what it really comes down too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            If we do fire our OC but replace him with Musgrave, at least both of these QB's have a chance to work with the same guy 2 years in a row. Most young QB's and I don't care who you are struggle if they are re-learning new schemes every year. Especially if they aren't on the field against real competition.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Let's just get this out of the way and say what we all know already: Lynch is a bust. If even VJ is saying Lynch is too dumb to handle the offense, on top of his injuries, then its pretty bad. Elway drafted a big ol bust in the first.
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X