2018 Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Head Coach

Who would you like to be the HC of the Broncos in 2018?

From this list it seems as if we’re stuck with Vance for another year rather we like it or not.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...2017-offseason

Kyle Shanahan should have been the hire and kept Wade on for the DC.

The VJ hire sets us back a few years now because I can’t think of another HC that should replace him and be able to turn the ship around 180 degrees.

What are you all thinking for the 2018 HC? Stick with Vance? Or go ahead and fire him and who would you want to hire?
    Follow me on Twitter
    @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Originally posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    Who would you like to be the HC of the Broncos in 2018?

From this list it seems as if we’re stuck with Vance for another year rather we like it or not.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...2017-offseason

Kyle Shanahan should have been the hire and kept Wade on for the DC.

The VJ hire sets us back a few years now because I can’t think of another HC that should replace him and be able to turn the ship around 180 degrees.

What are you all thinking for the 2018 HC? Stick with Vance? Or go ahead and fire him and who would you want to hire?
    I would say this, and it may be unfair.

If it is an offensive coach, I prefer not to have them come from a team with a superstar QB. (GB, NE, etc.) I believe they often times get more credit than they deserve.

I prefer to look at coaches who have done much with little to work with like a Vic Fangio in Chicago. They have been a dumpster fire for 2 years on offense and he has still managed to keep that defense playing at a high level despite that. I am not saying hes a guy I want, but thats the worst of credentials I look at. Show me a steam thats struggling and then show me a unit that still plays beyond the talent level they have and thats the sort of coach I want.

Comment

Wish we would get a already proven dominant coach like a Gruden. Or Cowher. Jospeh has proved he's no head coach. We need a new coach and then go get Darnold or Mayfield or Rudolph in the first. Build from there.

Comment

I was once walking around downtown Denver a few years ago. Saw an old dude in a Jets jacket and a pink tutu. Is he available?

Comment

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
          Wish we would get a already proven dominant coach like a Gruden. Or Cowher. Jospeh has proved he's no head coach. We need a new coach and then go get Darnold or Mayfield or Rudolph in the first. Build from there.
          Some love him. Some hate him. But I would be one of the ones that’d love Gruden to be hired.

Comment

Gary Kubiak

Comment

Either Harbaugh brother, as both led teams to the Superbowl (against each other).

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Okay seriously, don't hate me for this one but honestly my pick for the last few years has always been Mike Holmgren. I liked him when he was in Seattle, and I think he has the experience we need to bring this team back to life. He's a few years removed from coaching and I think he would come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ftblman View Post
                  Gary Kubiak
                  It would be nice if he could still coach without risking his health.

Comment

OC - Kubiak
                    I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                      Okay seriously, don't hate me for this one but honestly my pick for the last few years has always been Mike Holmgren. I liked him when he was in Seattle, and I think he has the experience we need to bring this team back to life. He's a few years removed from coaching and I think he would come back.
                      He's 69, and NINE years removed from coaching. I think he's done, would have come back already if he wasn't.

Comment

Never understood why people want people whom haven't coached in years. This is a different game now then it was for them. The game has moved past them and they probably wouldn't be the instant success fans want them to be.

We would be better off with Vance than trying to Gruden or Cowher or Holmgren or any other coach that has been away from the sidelines for a while. Covering the game on tv isn't the same as coaching it. You can't slap pads on Favre or Warner and expect them to play well.

As for what we should do next. I think if anything we need a better more competitive, more risk taking offensive coordinator.

I always felt like it's better to play to win over playing not to lose. That's how Fox coached, that's even how Kubes coached, and it's how McCoy continues to coach. They play it safe and don't make major adjustments and would rather play it safe rather than take risk.

As for head coach, it might not be popular but unless you can get a serious top tier coach, then there really isn't a reason to not give Vance at least another year. Get rid of him now, we start over again next season and still struggle. Then people will want that coach fired and if you keep a revolving door open on coaches, you become the Browns.

It's not like we are the Giants with the his awful McAdoo. Maybe with time Vance could be the guy.

He's not gonna turn our bad OL into pro bowlers in one season and he doesn't have much to work with at QB. Os played solid last night, we still don't know what we have with Paxton, and Trev is just bad.

So maybe with time and a new offensive coordinator things will be better.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted Broncos:
                        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

The team needs a veteran HC who's been around and can step in and right the ship. I'd consider someone like Mike Smith a good candidate for that. Or even a Mike Shanahan (will never ever happen). But a guy who can come in and command respect immediately. He doesn't need to be the players' best friend just someone who can hold them accountable.

My list though would be:
                          1. Jim Harbaugh
                          2. John Harbaugh (if he's fired in Baltimore)
                          3. Jon Gruden
                          4. Dave Toub
                          5. Frank Reich
                          6. Todd Haley
                          7. Ken Whisenhunt
                          8. Mike Smith
                          9. Gus Bradley
                          10. Mike Shanahan (with no personnel control and his DC chosen for him)

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                            The team needs a veteran HC who's been around and can step in and right the ship. I'd consider someone like Mike Smith a good candidate for that. Or even a Mike Shanahan (will never ever happen). But a guy who can come in and command respect immediately. He doesn't need to be the players' best friend just someone who can hold them accountable.

My list though would be:
                            1. Jim Harbaugh
                            3. Jon Gruden
                            4. Dave Toub
                            5. Frank Reich
                            6. Todd Haley
                            7. Ken Whisenhunt
                            8. Mike Smith
                            9. Gus Bradley
                            Gruden has also been out of coaching for nine years and seems to love his job at ESPN, but he did tell Rich Eisen recently that he may return to coaching "one of these days, you never know", so he seems to be more open to it again and he's only 54 -- plenty of vital energy left to plug into a team.

I'm having a hard time picturing Chucky on our sideline though.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

My list though would be:
                              1. Jim Harbaugh
                              3. Jon Gruden
                              4. Dave Toub
                              5. Frank Reich
                              6. Todd Haley
                              7. Ken Whisenhunt
                              8. Mike Smith
                              9. Gus Bradley
                              Jim Harbaugh is my absolute #1 choice. He has been successful at every single coaching job he has been in as far as I can remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X