Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule Gets Easier.....Will We Respond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule Gets Easier.....Will We Respond?

We all knew that the recent stretch was going to be difficult, and unfortunately we came up dry. Losing 5 straight is pretty dry, in fact.

Looking beyond, including the next 7 games, there are no excuses for losing repeatedly, other than we are in a real bad place. The games go as follows:

Cincinnati
    at Oakland
    at Miami
    NYJets
    at Indy
    at Washington
    KC

All in all, this is a pretty ordinary schedule at best. Beatable teams by and large. Starting with next week's game, against a beleaguered Bengals team. I fully expect a victory. if not, I would expect changes. There is no good reason for another loss, at home, against such a weak opponent. Lets assume the best. A win. Finally!

In fact, I expect some serious decisions to be made if we do not fare well in the final 7 games. Conversely, we could end up with a 500 or so season, which sounds pretty good right about now. In order to do so, we will have to see some more O (of course), better Special Teams, and a D that has found its mojo once again. That has been the hardest part for me....seeing our D get whipped of late. I am sure they are struggling with the reality of not having much else to support them in their quest. I've said this before, but even the proudest and most professional folks can lose motivation if constantly expected to save the other unit(s).

So.....will we respond as we should? Well, lets start with The Bengals and see how this thing rolls out.

Cincy, Miami, and Indy are the best options but not great ones.
    sigpic

Comment

The defense should snap out of this funk against the bengals. That offense is averaging 16ppg there is no reason we shouldn’t hold them to field goals.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
        The defense should snap out of this funk against the bengals. That offense is averaging 16ppg there is no reason we shouldn’t hold them to field goals.
        I agree. In fact, if we don't, I will be quite sure that our D has quit on leadership. But I will be positive, given I have believed in this D for several years.

Comment

Denver Is dead last in points given up
          The last five games.

I hope we lose the rest of the games and get a top pick. We are sitting at the 6th overall pick right now.

Going 6-10/7-9 does nothing for me

Comment

Giants was an easy win! Oh..
            Follow me on Twitter
            @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
              Denver Is dead last in points given up
              The last five games.

I hope we lose the rest of the games and get a top pick. We are sitting at the 6th overall pick right now.

Going 6-10/7-9 does nothing for me
              Exactly this.
              Follow me on Twitter
              @gmoney8150 Personal account

My Broncos account @All_DenBroncos

^^^Follow^^^

Comment

Team records can be misleading, but FWIW here they are for our remaining opponents:

Bengals: 3-6
                Raiders: 4-5
                Dolphins: 4-4
                Jets: 4-6
                Colts: 3-7
                Redskins: 4-5
                Chiefs: 6-3

What worries me is the "other" New York team's only win was at our house. I have watched all of these teams play. The Bungles, Dolphins, and Colts games should be easy wins. I am not so sure about the Jets game being an "easy" win because they blew out the Bills, who are legit playoff contenders, although their Week 4 game should have been a loss. The Colts suck on both offense and defense. They can't do anything until Andrew Luck and Malik Hooker return next year. I am more concerned about the Redskins, who almost beat the Chiefs and dominated the Raiders. People are calling Cincinnati the Bungles again for a good reason: that is what they are doing.

Comment

I’ll predict 8-8- and deeply regretting that we lost the NY Giants game...

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    We all knew that the recent stretch was going to be difficult, and unfortunately we came up dry. Losing 5 straight is pretty dry, in fact.

Looking beyond, including the next 7 games, there are no excuses for losing repeatedly, other than we are in a real bad place. The games go as follows:

Cincinnati
                    at Oakland
                    at Miami
                    NYJets
                    at Indy
                    at Washington
                    KC

All in all, this is a pretty ordinary schedule at best. Beatable teams by and large. Starting with next week's game, against a beleaguered Bengals team. I fully expect a victory. if not, I would expect changes. There is no good reason for another loss, at home, against such a weak opponent. Lets assume the best. A win. Finally!

In fact, I expect some serious decisions to be made if we do not fare well in the final 7 games. Conversely, we could end up with a 500 or so season, which sounds pretty good right about now. In order to do so, we will have to see some more O (of course), better Special Teams, and a D that has found its mojo once again. That has been the hardest part for me....seeing our D get whipped of late. I am sure they are struggling with the reality of not having much else to support them in their quest. I've said this before, but even the proudest and most professional folks can lose motivation if constantly expected to save the other unit(s).

So.....will we respond as we should? Well, lets start with The Bengals and see how this thing rolls out.
                    Let's look at the five teams we have lost to on this streak. The New York Giants came into the game win less and managed to beat us and have since lost every game (even to the win less 49ers!). We got shutout by the Chargers, a team that has blown hot and cold all season. Then we lost to three legitimate Super Bowl contenders, however in the last two games we conceded over 90 points. My point? This run has seen us lose to teams at opposite ends of the spectrum. So I don't think we can look at our remaining games and say "oh that's winnable" because we failed to do that against the Giants and Chargers. If we can't beat them (or even score against the Chargers), I don't fancy our chances of going on a run in the next 7 games.

With that said we do have five winnable games. The Bengals and Colts have struggled, while the Raiders, Dolphins and Jets have all been boom or bust teams. So if we catch those teams on a bad day and our team turns up to the office and gets the job done, then perhaps we can turn this 3-6 season into an 8-8 season. But frankly I am not convinced how beneficial that kind of run would be to this team's long term future. I don't like to suggesting tanking but I would argue that losing most of the next 7 is better than winning enough to get to .500 and miss the play offs. I hate losing but this season is pretty much lost unless we win out, and unless something miraculous happens (i.e. we start to mirror the 2000 Ravens) I can't see that happening.

Comment

I remember the 2011 season, when we lost our last game at home, finished 8-8 and still won the division.

Those were the days...

Comment

Giants lost to the 49ers. We lost to the Giants. That makes us a joke.

Comment

It's hard to really see us winning more than 2 of those games, but, if we beat Cinci and the Jets, and maybe KC doesn't need the game at the end of the season, and we catch Miami in a turmoil moment, that's 4 wins. Not good enough to go anywhere except could keep us from firing the entire coaching staff.

By the way, Indy is playing pretty good football these days. Their QB play has been pretty good of late and their D is doing A-OK. I guess you could say we should win, but right now, I say we lose to the Colts

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Cincinnati
                            at Oakland
                            at Miami
                            NYJets
                            at Indy
                            at Washington
                            KC

The only possible win at this point is the Miami game. Other than that, all losses.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                              I might agree with this, but the defense doesn't care anymore. If the coaches keep saying "we had a great week of practice" and "I have confidence in Olivo, McCoy, others," every week, you can't help but think the management is in dream land.....

Comment

Working...
                              X