Wade Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Phillips

2016 Broncos defense: #1 in the NFL in DVOA(Football Outsiders' defensive ranking)

2017 Broncos: 12th and sinking

2016 Rams: 15th
    2017 Rams: #1, best defense in the NFL at the moment

What a great decision to part ways with the man that led this team to a SB, smh.

yet....Elway knows best.

What a crock
    sigpic

Comment

Where are you getting your stats from?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
        Where are you getting your stats from?
        His post says Football Outsiders...so I am gonna go out on a limb and say Football Outsiders.

Comment

This is the move that really bothers me and did at the time. You have one of the best DCs of all time that coached a great D and wanted to come back and yet we let him go.

Wade signed with us at a discount and then after he proved himself he wanted to get paid fairly. Considering the results he got us and the fact that coach's salaries don't count against the cap, trying to be cheap will end up costing this team.

Comment

Originally posted by HarlemHeat View Post
            2016 Broncos defense: #1 in the NFL in DVOA(Football Outsiders' defensive ranking)

2017 Broncos: 12th and sinking

2016 Rams: 15th
            2017 Rams: #1, best defense in the NFL at the moment

What a great decision to part ways with the man that led this team to a SB, smh.
            So in your story it was the defensive coordinator that let us to the Superbowl - not the players, the guy that hired the players, that hired the Head Coach who took in a DC that had not received offers a year prior and had been forced to retire.

Wade did amazing things but I guarantee that Wade could not convince the defense to play as the best unit in football if they were convinced that their effort wouldn't matter. As bad as Manning was in 2015, and for that matter all the faults Tebow had as our QB, what 2015 and 2011 had in common was a team that believed that if all did what they could they would have a great chance of winning. You put a 2011 Tebow in there, and this defense would be much better, and who knows what the difference between a #1 ranked and a #24 ranked defense is in terms of team success.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
              This is the move that really bothers me and did at the time. You have one of the best DCs of all time that coached a great D and wanted to come back and yet we let him go.

Wade signed with us at a discount and then after he proved himself he wanted to get paid fairly. Considering the results he got us and the fact that coach's salaries don't count against the cap, trying to be cheap will end up costing this team.
              However Elway signed a nice fat extension for himself but I see a huge controversy coming soon. The Bowlen family are not going to allow this to continue for long.

Comment

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                His post says Football Outsiders...so I am gonna go out on a limb and say Football Outsiders.
                It doesn’t seem very accurate. I know for a fact we didn’t have the #1 defense last year considering we were 28th against the run.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
                  So in your story it was the defensive coordinator that let us to the Superbowl - not the players, the guy that hired the players, that hired the Head Coach who took in a DC that had not received offers a year prior and had been forced to retire.

Wade did amazing things but I guarantee that Wade could not convince the defense to play as the best unit in football if they were convinced that their effort wouldn't matter. As bad as Manning was in 2015, and for that matter all the faults Tebow had as our QB, what 2015 and 2011 had in common was a team that believed that if all did what they could they would have a great chance of winning. You put a 2011 Tebow in there, and this defense would be much better, and who knows what the difference between a #1 ranked and a #24 ranked defense is in terms of team success.
                  Which of Elways draft picks other than Von Miller made a significant difference that season?

Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan? Could it be that these were actually Brian Xander's picks?

Elway really hasn't had a good draft class since Xander's yet we tend to want to give Elway all the credit.

I do not care who Elway is... Nor do I care about the love affair most of you have for him. I will not put him before the team and I will hold him accountable for what he's doing to this team.

Another thing is, if it were completely up to Elway, denver would have hired VJ prior to the 2015 season meaning no great defense to win super bowl 50! We'd probably would have witnessed New England win another back to back but thank goodness Cincinnati didn't allow the control freak/John Elway to control that situation...

Agree or disagree but you can't ignore reality just because you like somebody more than you do the team.

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                    It doesn’t seem very accurate. I know for a fact we didn’t have the #1 defense last year considering we were 28th against the run.
                    we led the league in points/drive and yards/drive.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Elway's the king of offering low-ball contracts and walking away when you want your fair share.

Then there's other times where he doesn't offer a contract at all and just lets you walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        Elway's the king of offering low-ball contracts and walking away when you want your fair share.

Then there's other times where he doesn't offer a contract at all and just lets you walk.
                        Exactly.
                        Where is Wesley Woodward? Where is Zane Beadles? Where is Eric Decker? What was Elways problem with them?

I'm sorry I do not mean to harp but perhaps the reason those guys were allowed to walk away with no contracts on the table was due to the fact that they were not his draft picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          Which of Elways draft picks other than Von Miller made a significant difference that season?

Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan? Could it be that these were actually Brian Xander's picks?

Elway really hasn't had a good draft class since Xander's yet we tend to want to give Elway all the credit.

I do not care who Elway is... Nor do I care about the love affair most of you have for him. I will not put him before the team and I will hold him accountable for what he's doing to this team.

Another thing is, if it were completely up to Elway, denver would have hired VJ prior to the 2015 season meaning no great defense to win super bowl 50! We'd probably would have witnessed New England win another back to back but thank goodness Cincinnati didn't allow the control freak/John Elway to control that situation...

Agree or disagree but you can't ignore reality just because you like somebody more than you do the team.

I'm with you Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post

This is something that has bothered me at times. When you want a good player, theyre not going to sign with you for a bag of peanuts, which is almost insulting to the player when they know their worth on the market. But Elway consistently low balls and we lose out on players that would make a huge difference on our team. Before we had Manning to help get free agents here but now what reason would players want to come here on a discount rate? I understand the need to get value and not overpay, but as of late our team is littered with free agents that are poor at their position or not worth their contract (I.e, Watson), which ends up hurting the team just as much overpaying for a player. Add that to completely screwing up in the draft and you have sorry team that is in front of us today.

Elway's used car salesman approach is hurting this team.
                            Last edited by TheAsianPA; 11-15-2017, 07:41 AM.
                            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

History shows that every team Wade becomes the DC of......initially becomes one of the best.....BUT, after that, the defense starts tumbling down. we had our run. Look at Dallas, look at the Chargers....happens to every team he has been the DC. Again, love him, but we had our run with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X