Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbt31
    replied
    Is it bad that I still think Mckenzie is still a promising prospect??? I actually really do. I mean no more than a #4 Receiver and Primary P/KR...let's not forget he is a rookie. But this is a solid move. And I agree with the posters who feel Taylor should be given more time on the Field as a WR. Just do what MIA has done the last couple years. If guys aren't playing up to their potential(now since trading deadline is over) Cut or Demote them. I would just cut Fowler to make an example and start utilizing Taylor more on Passing Downs.

Leave a comment:

• DavisMVP
    replied
    Just listen to how the players and vance Joseph talk, it's one person making those decisions. John Elway

Leave a comment:

• Bootleg
    replied
    I'm just glad a change has been made, I was beginning to think McKenzie was unable to be taken away from his PR duties, no matter how many muffs were going to occur.

Leave a comment:

• swingarm
    replied
    Some teams put their best players on special teams and treat it like it's important. The Broncos currently don't.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Multiple weeks overdue, like all of VJ's decisions.....
    Totally this. Multiple weeks and three fumbles overdue...

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by colowoz View Post
    Yep, lets reward his incompetence the last few weeks and give him some Offensive plays. He should have been FIRED, if nothing else as an example, everyone deserves a second chance, but not a third, fourth or ongoing !
    I am fairly certain the poster you responded to was referring to Taylor and not McKenzie.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    How about they let him run some routes. Almost everytime he gets on the field he does something impressive but they give him 0 play time.
    Yep, lets reward his incompetence the last few weeks and give him some Offensive plays. He should have been FIRED, if nothing else as an example, everyone deserves a second chance, but not a third, fourth or ongoing !

Leave a comment:

• Lumiere
    replied
    Wow! That's much more than I was expecting from this coaching staff! I thought for sure McKenzie would be out there the rest of the season...fumbling two or three punts a game.

Well done, coach!

I know it's a tough decision, but sometimes, you just have to bench a player that cannot catch a football, week after week, after week, after week, after week.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    I'm wondering what kinds of hits a 6'4 returner will take and how he will be able to makes quick moves through traffic, but whatever. I guess it's going to be fair catch all the way.

It may be at this point they just want him to catch the ball and secure it and don't care if he gains a yard. I'm okay with that. We need to stop the bleeding in each phase and start improving. If this helps cut out the huge turnover mistakes then its a big improvement in my book.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Was it a punt return or KOR where he got laid out and fumbled in the Raiders massacre?
    It was KOR. We had Decker returning punts, and he actually wasn't that bad at it.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Go back to 2010 when McD has DT returning punts. I believe it was one of the first changes when he was fired.
    Was it a punt return or KOR where he got laid out and fumbled in the Raiders massacre?

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    I'm wondering what kinds of hits a 6'4 returner will take and how he will be able to makes quick moves through traffic, but whatever. I guess it's going to be fair catch all the way.
    Go back to 2010 when McD has DT returning punts. I believe it was one of the first changes when he was fired.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Multiple weeks overdue, like all of VJ's decisions.....

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Jordan Taylor is a below average player, I guess if he can hang onto the ball that's a start and it will be a positive change. But I don't see this as a move that will do much other than (hopefully) preserve possession.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    With our luck, this move will probably backfire somehow.
    (But I hope it works out though)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X