No announcement yet.

Is It Time For Elway To Step Aside?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not yet. He was brilliant early on and then just had a great draft. In between those periods of time we had awful drafts and made some bad releases/cuts to the team. We have to be a bit patient, though. He deserves time to try to nail this HC/QB situation one more time.

Comment

• There will be plenty of GM candidates out there thanks to the lack of openings this year.

sigpic

Comment

• Brandon Stokely is reporting that an anonymous player from the Vance Joseph era had this to say.

Originally posted by Stokely reporting
        We all knew off rip Vance Joseph had no say what so ever. The GM ran the show while making all decisions without consulting the coach and everyone knew it especially the veteran players.

Who wants to play for a guy that can’t even go to bat for us against the suits!
        Stokely also states that Stan Kroenke gave McVay full control on personnel and style of play. The complete opposite of what is happening here in Denver!
        Stokely: Just make the hire and get out of the way John!

If true, Joe Eliss needs to crack down hard or dismiss John!
        Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-08-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Brandon Stokely is reporting that an anonymous player from the Vance Joseph era had this to say.

Stokely also states that Stan Kroenke gave McVay full control on personnel and style of play. The complete opposite of what is happening here in Denver!
          Stokely: Just make the hire and get out of the way John!

If true, Joe Eliss needs to crack down hard or dismiss John!
          Probably the reason why he wants a HC with a lot of experience. Imo, the McDaniels experiment soured this front office on giving too much control to a young and inexperienced HC. The reason VJ wasn't given the control to run free.

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            Probably the reason why he wants a HC with a lot of experience. Imo, the McDaniels experiment soured this front office on giving too much control to a young and inexperienced HC. The reason VJ wasn't given the control to run free.
            There is a difference between not giving a coach power over personnel and completely alienating a coach.
            sigpic

Comment

• The word of one disgruntled former employee should not be considered gospel truth.
              Maybe this is why John wants an experienced coach, so he doesn’t have to worry about an inexperienced head coach screwing things up?
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                The word of one disgruntled former employee should not be considered gospel truth.
                Maybe this is why John wants an experienced coach, so he doesn’t have to worry about an inexperienced head coach screwing things up?
                Who the hell is Elway to not trust the coach to do coach stuff?

If he didn’t trust VJ to do all coach stuff, he shouldn’t have hired him.

I hope Cincinnati gives VJ another chance and he succeeds gloriously.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                X