If we lose next week to Oakland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That's a terrible strategy, keep a coach after he losses 12 straight games. So, instead of getting a new coach and start rebuilding right at the end of the season, we keep VJ for another season then fire him midsession when he hasn't "turned it around"

If VJ's not the right guy get rid of him as soon as possible, it'll be much better for the long term.
    I'd much rather move on from VJ - I'm not crazy about his buddy,buddy approach. I'm just stating what I think will happen.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
      I'd much rather move on from VJ - I'm not crazy about his buddy,buddy approach. I'm just stating what I think will happen.
      I will state this. IF the hiring of McCoy AND the defensive scheme change were on VJ then I can agree that VJ should be fired at the end of the season. IF and ONLY if VJ was also responsible for not firing McCoy sooner. As a HC he needs to be the primary decision maker of what he has been given. The other area I will give VJ slack with is players. We play in a division with some of the leagues top pass rushers. Yet we enter into the season with our rivals cast-off at RT. I suspect that was not VJ's doing. Drafting Lynch in the 1st round last season - also not VJ's doing. So another reason why VJ should likely stay on as HC is because he is likely not the one calling the personnel shots. So long as he didn't pound the table for any of our draft duds....I think he stays.

Comment

If they don't win another game and lose 12 straight, there's no way they can keep VJ, the fans will be at his doorstep with torches

If he somehow wins 2-3 of final 6 games then they might keep him

Comment

IOt will certainly be interesting to see how it all shakes out. This is going to be an offseason to remember, though.
          sigpic

Comment

I am prob part of the few that believe VC should get a 2nd season. That’s just my opinion. I don’t believe a head coach should be fired after one year unless they pull crazy moves like mcdaniels did to us. A lot can change by getting a quality QB and finding a RT. I think we were spoiled by Manning because he was able to hide a lot of issues we had on this team. Once he retired we started getting exposed and with another poor year in drafting ( by Elways) we continued to get exposed. I have a hard time believing Vance was able to complete his vision with what he had and drafted.

Comment

I fully expect this team to lose out.
              I do think we get one more win vs NYJ. And I see that being due to the fact that their season will be on ice in a few weeks as well, and they will start Petty or Hackenburg.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                If we lose to Oakland, we're that much closer to a top 5 pick.

If you can get Joseph fired in the process, I'm all for it. Just don't lose us a top 3-5 pick :p
                According to Cecil Lammy we'd be picking number 4 if the season ended today!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                  I am prob part of the few that believe VC should get a 2nd season. That’s just my opinion. I don’t believe a head coach should be fired after one year unless they pull crazy moves like mcdaniels did to us. A lot can change by getting a quality QB and finding a RT. I think we were spoiled by Manning because he was able to hide a lot of issues we had on this team. Once he retired we started getting exposed and with another poor year in drafting ( by Elways) we continued to get exposed. I have a hard time believing Vance was able to complete his vision with what he had and drafted.
                  There isn't another Manning we can pickup who's magically going to mask all the teams problems and make VJ look good. The best we can hope for is Cousins (and even that is a long shot), who's leading a Redskins team who only have one more win than the Broncos.

Cousins is a good QB, but he will not fix all the problems and instantly make us contenders again.

The most likely scenario is that we lose out and draft a QB in the top 5, in that scenario what's the point of keeping VJ? If we're going to rebuild the team why not start with a new coach as well?

It doesn't make any sense to draft a QB but keep the old coaching staff only to fire them a year later. You're just prolonging it.

Comment

Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
                    We get ahead of all other teams in the Coaching search. There will be no rushing to pick a coach. We can start interviewing retired coaches and college coaches.
                    I definitely do not want any part of another first time HC. Between McDaniels and VJ, I have a very bad taste in my mouth for first time HCs.

I wonder what it would take to get Harbaugh out of Ann Arbor, or Chuckie out of the MNF booth.
                    Denver Broncos
                    New York Yankees
                    New York Knicks
                    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Another "L" is on the way...Preview of the billboard?

Maybe a contest for suggestions.

Hell, lets have a little fun in our misery...
                      [sigpic

Comment

@OP - "If"? Might as well finalize the arrangements now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          According to Cecil Lammy we'd be picking number 4 if the season ended today!
                          That is correct. We are 1 Giants win away from picking 3rd

Of the currently top 13 team picks in the draft, we play 5 of those teams the rest of the way (Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts) and we've already played and lost to 2 others (Bengals, Giants). We currently hold the tiebreaker over the Raiders and Chargers Only way to guarantee a top 5 pick is to lose against all 5 of the Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

There isn't another Manning we can pickup who's magically going to mask all the teams problems and make VJ look good. The best we can hope for is Cousins (and even that is a long shot), who's leading a Redskins team who only have one more win than the Broncos.

Cousins is a good QB, but he will not fix all the problems and instantly make us contenders again.

The most likely scenario is that we lose out and draft a QB in the top 5, in that scenario what's the point of keeping VJ? If we're going to rebuild the team why not start with a new coach as well?

It doesn't make any sense to draft a QB but keep the old coaching staff only to fire them a year later. You're just prolonging it.
                            I’m not saying we have to find another Manning to hide our problems again. I’d still like to fix all of our issues. We won’t find another Qb like Manning for a long time anyways.

Comment

If they don't win another game and lose 12 straight, there's no way they can keep VJ, the fans will be at his doorstep with torches

If he somehow wins 2-3 of final 6 games then they might keep him
                              It honestly would take more than 2-3 games if he's already on the hot seat
                              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

So this is a “when”we lose to Oakland thread? Correct?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X