X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I’m ok with a rebuild. I understand we lost manning. I’m ok with loses, but when your team is losing to sub par teams and have zero fight.. this means coaching is a issue.
    You can't say there was zero fight. The defense did pretty good, our offense gave them 14 points. You can't expect a defense to do a shutout every week.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Dan
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I just don't see what firing Joseph during the season does for us. It just doesn't make any sense to me and I have yet to see a sensible argument in favor of it.
    Fully agree.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    If we lose next week to Oakland, I’m paying for another billboard in Denver to go up demanding Elway fire Vance Joseph. If this team lacks fire, fight and desire to play next week vs Oakland it only means one thing. Vance has lost the locker room.

I did this once before when Orton was obviously not the answer and it worked! The team benched Orton and played Tebow. The Billboard created the media to put so much pressure on the team to play Tebow they caved and played him. I love this team, I hate seeing the poor play week in and week out. These players are showing no fire. Firing wade was a huge mistake, allowing this to go any longer with Vance would be another mistake.
    Oh, great idea. So lets win a few games so that we can give you all our picks to move up to get our franchise QB prospect. Or we can play Paxton and let him tank the season and we'll know he is not worth keeping and move on.

Being that bad is how we got Von Miller and because of him we won a SB, so like it or not you should be hoping we lose out to get what we've been looking for, a really good QB, hopefully we have a high enough of a pick it is a no brainer.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    We get ahead of all other teams in the Coaching search. There will be no rushing to pick a coach. We can start interviewing retired coaches and college coaches. Make a short list and be the first team to interview OCs and DCs we are interested in.

We bring the fire back to this team and evaluate players we want to bring back next year and which ones we want to move forward without.
    OCs and DCs can't be interviewed until their team's season is over (or they're on their playoff bye week) and at that point everyone looking for an HC will have a plan in place to interview them. Every team even thinking about replacing their coach has likely already started an internal process of identifying candidates.

As for retired (Shanahan and Gruden) coaches and college coaches, these guys aren't dumb, they'll have heard things from people about what might be available and they'll know where they want to end up or at least where they have their own interest in, and if it's not Denver they'll want to wait to see how it plays out before they make any commitment.

Bringing it back to the Broncos, they know who they'll be interested in if they replace the coach, they'll be doing due diligence now (under the radar of course) to identify red flags or find out if there might be mutual interest. Firing Joseph now instead of at the end of the season won't speed up anything, or give the Broncos an advantage, it'll just signal to the fanbase that they're making a change for sure in 2018.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    If........?....you mean when, right?

Leave a comment:

• Njbroncofan1
    replied
    Hopefully this year we do it right and lose to the raiders. Not like last season winning that meaningless game final week of season.
    This year should be all about getting as high as pick as possible. Maybe trading players to get more picks or even trading very high pick to get offensive pieces cause this team needs them going forward.

Leave a comment:

• SuperCaliBronco
    replied
    Good lord, I wouldn't be surprised at all if we fail to win any of our remaining games this season.

And even though it might be very tempting to call for VJ's ouster if we do lose to the Raiders, it's still Elway's responsibility to find us a true legitimate successor to Manning. If he can't fulfill that duty, then he needs to step aside and let someone else solve our QB problem.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    It honestly would take more than 2-3 games if he's already on the hot seat
    Probably, but there would at least be a discussion to keep him, that's why I said the "might" keep him. If he losses out he's done

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    So this is a “when”we lose to Oakland thread? Correct?

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    If they don't win another game and lose 12 straight, there's no way they can keep VJ, the fans will be at his doorstep with torches

If he somehow wins 2-3 of final 6 games then they might keep him
    It honestly would take more than 2-3 games if he's already on the hot seat

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    There isn't another Manning we can pickup who's magically going to mask all the teams problems and make VJ look good. The best we can hope for is Cousins (and even that is a long shot), who's leading a Redskins team who only have one more win than the Broncos.

Cousins is a good QB, but he will not fix all the problems and instantly make us contenders again.

The most likely scenario is that we lose out and draft a QB in the top 5, in that scenario what's the point of keeping VJ? If we're going to rebuild the team why not start with a new coach as well?

It doesn't make any sense to draft a QB but keep the old coaching staff only to fire them a year later. You're just prolonging it.
    I’m not saying we have to find another Manning to hide our problems again. I’d still like to fix all of our issues. We won’t find another Qb like Manning for a long time anyways.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    According to Cecil Lammy we'd be picking number 4 if the season ended today!
    That is correct. We are 1 Giants win away from picking 3rd

Of the currently top 13 team picks in the draft, we play 5 of those teams the rest of the way (Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts) and we've already played and lost to 2 others (Bengals, Giants). We currently hold the tiebreaker over the Raiders and Chargers Only way to guarantee a top 5 pick is to lose against all 5 of the Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts

Leave a comment:

• Warhawk
    replied
    @OP - "If"? Might as well finalize the arrangements now.

Leave a comment:

• Taos_Broncomaniac
    replied
    Another "L" is on the way...Preview of the billboard?

Maybe a contest for suggestions.

Hell, lets have a little fun in our misery...

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    We get ahead of all other teams in the Coaching search. There will be no rushing to pick a coach. We can start interviewing retired coaches and college coaches.
    I definitely do not want any part of another first time HC. Between McDaniels and VJ, I have a very bad taste in my mouth for first time HCs.

I wonder what it would take to get Harbaugh out of Ann Arbor, or Chuckie out of the MNF booth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X