X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I am prob part of the few that believe VC should get a 2nd season. That’s just my opinion. I don’t believe a head coach should be fired after one year unless they pull crazy moves like mcdaniels did to us. A lot can change by getting a quality QB and finding a RT. I think we were spoiled by Manning because he was able to hide a lot of issues we had on this team. Once he retired we started getting exposed and with another poor year in drafting ( by Elways) we continued to get exposed. I have a hard time believing Vance was able to complete his vision with what he had and drafted.
    There isn't another Manning we can pickup who's magically going to mask all the teams problems and make VJ look good. The best we can hope for is Cousins (and even that is a long shot), who's leading a Redskins team who only have one more win than the Broncos.

Cousins is a good QB, but he will not fix all the problems and instantly make us contenders again.

The most likely scenario is that we lose out and draft a QB in the top 5, in that scenario what's the point of keeping VJ? If we're going to rebuild the team why not start with a new coach as well?

It doesn't make any sense to draft a QB but keep the old coaching staff only to fire them a year later. You're just prolonging it.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    If we lose to Oakland, we're that much closer to a top 5 pick.

If you can get Joseph fired in the process, I'm all for it. Just don't lose us a top 3-5 pick :p
    According to Cecil Lammy we'd be picking number 4 if the season ended today!

Leave a comment:

• ABQBronco25
    replied
    Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I fully expect this team to lose out.
    I do think we get one more win vs NYJ. And I see that being due to the fact that their season will be on ice in a few weeks as well, and they will start Petty or Hackenburg.

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    I am prob part of the few that believe VC should get a 2nd season. That’s just my opinion. I don’t believe a head coach should be fired after one year unless they pull crazy moves like mcdaniels did to us. A lot can change by getting a quality QB and finding a RT. I think we were spoiled by Manning because he was able to hide a lot of issues we had on this team. Once he retired we started getting exposed and with another poor year in drafting ( by Elways) we continued to get exposed. I have a hard time believing Vance was able to complete his vision with what he had and drafted.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    IOt will certainly be interesting to see how it all shakes out. This is going to be an offseason to remember, though.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    I'd much rather move on from VJ - I'm not crazy about his buddy,buddy approach. I'm just stating what I think will happen.
    If they don't win another game and lose 12 straight, there's no way they can keep VJ, the fans will be at his doorstep with torches

If he somehow wins 2-3 of final 6 games then they might keep him

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    I'd much rather move on from VJ - I'm not crazy about his buddy,buddy approach. I'm just stating what I think will happen.
    I will state this. IF the hiring of McCoy AND the defensive scheme change were on VJ then I can agree that VJ should be fired at the end of the season. IF and ONLY if VJ was also responsible for not firing McCoy sooner. As a HC he needs to be the primary decision maker of what he has been given. The other area I will give VJ slack with is players. We play in a division with some of the leagues top pass rushers. Yet we enter into the season with our rivals cast-off at RT. I suspect that was not VJ's doing. Drafting Lynch in the 1st round last season - also not VJ's doing. So another reason why VJ should likely stay on as HC is because he is likely not the one calling the personnel shots. So long as he didn't pound the table for any of our draft duds....I think he stays.

Leave a comment:

• RocketArm006
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That's a terrible strategy, keep a coach after he losses 12 straight games. So, instead of getting a new coach and start rebuilding right at the end of the season, we keep VJ for another season then fire him midsession when he hasn't "turned it around"

If VJ's not the right guy get rid of him as soon as possible, it'll be much better for the long term.

Leave a comment:

• NVthosebroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    That's a terrible strategy, keep a coach after he losses 12 straight games. So, instead of getting a new coach and start rebuilding right at the end of the season, we keep VJ for another season then fire him midsession when he hasn't "turned it around"

If VJ's not the right guy get rid of him as soon as possible, it'll be much better for the long term.
    Exactly

10 char

Leave a comment:

• NVthosebroncos
    replied
    We get ahead of all other teams in the Coaching search. There will be no rushing to pick a coach. We can start interviewing retired coaches and college coaches. Make a short list and be the first team to interview OCs and DCs we are interested in.

We bring the fire back to this team and evaluate players we want to bring back next year and which ones we want to move forward without.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    I fully expect this team to lose out. Let's go with a youth movement and see if there's anything we can use for next year. As far as VJ, I'm very disappointed by his ho-hum approach this season. However, I would expect him to learn and grow from the experience. I think he will likely be given an opportunity to right the ship next season. If it's the exact same thing next year, I fully expect him to be on a short leash. His seat is hot, but I highly doubt he'll get canned this season.

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    I just don't see what firing Joseph during the season does for us. It just doesn't make any sense to me and I have yet to see a sensible argument in favor of it.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    There is no if.

You mean “when” we lose to Oakland. We barely beat them at home when EJ Manual played the whole fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• $Broncos$
    replied
    I fully expect this team to lose out. Let's go with a youth movement and see if there's anything we can use for next year. As far as VJ, I'm very disappointed by his ho-hum approach this season. However, I would expect him to learn and grow from the experience. I think he will likely be given an opportunity to right the ship next season. If it's the exact same thing next year, I fully expect him to be on a short leash. His seat is hot, but I highly doubt he'll get canned this season.
    there is no coming back for VJ. Once you lose the respect of a team and fans your done.

Leave a comment:

• NVthosebroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I think everyone just needs to come to realization that we are in a rebuild. The Peyton Manning era is over the no fly zone era is over but atleast we got two super bowl trips and a win out of it. The remainder of this season should be about figuring out what we have going foward and setting up the future.
    I’m ok with a rebuild. I understand we lost manning. I’m ok with loses, but when your team is losing to sub par teams and have zero fight.. this means coaching is a issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X