X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    Lol, this guy said "IF" like there is any other viable outcome for this game.
    The Raiders might be a bigger disappointment than the Broncos, and they look as if they're wanting to get "Riverboat Jack" fired. Based on their continuous hiring of former Broncos DCs, it'll be interesting to see if they choose Phillips or Woods as their next HC...

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by Bates View Post
    I know right lol. I just told my dad who is a die hard raider fan I said at least you guys will finally get a win this week. Playing us right now is like having a bye. We firing coordinatora and pointing fingers I doubt we have time to gameplan and play football.

The only team I can see us beating down the stretch is maybe the colts. Or Miami if cutler plays.

Leave a comment:

• Bates
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chop_Block
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    There is no if.

You mean “when” we lose to Oakland. We barely beat them at home when EJ Manual played the whole fourth quarter.
    Don't underestimate the corrosive and team killing effect of Marshall Lynch. Raiders were sold on a lousy RB who once was good but now just an overpaid louse. Raiders have had bad karma since they signed that creep.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Oh, I didnt know that. So that means we win all tie breakers if we tie records with someone else because we have the NFLs hardest SOS this season.
    Unfortunately no. The NFL gives teams with worse SOS the higher picks because of the assumption that they had an easier schedule but same record so they're the worse team.

But SOS won't be determined till the end of the year, so until then we won't know. We just need our opponents to keep losing.

Leave a comment:

• Endaround
    replied
    Well one wall in his safe place has fallen in the form of McCoy, when the same sack of warm gravy offense wanders onto the field next sunday, who do you fire next?

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
    Giants, Indy 2 wins
    Indy has 3 wins

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Head to head doesn't become the tiebreaker for draft picks, the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the worst strength of schedule picks highest. Then it rotates each round. If 3 teams (say Denver, Giants and Oakland) all tied. The team with the worst SOS (say Giants) pick first, next second, then the highest picks third. In round two the second highest SOS would pick first, highest SOS picks second, and worst picks third. And it continues cycling through that way.

It's listed at the very bottom of tie breaking procedures. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures
    Oh, I didnt know that. So that means we win all tie breakers if we tie records with someone else because we have the NFLs hardest SOS this season.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    It would be interesting if Oakland is one pick ahead of us and we are both picking in the top five, I am sure they would considering trading out to any top 10 or 15 team that needs a QB. So we would have to bargain with a team ahead of them to get the QB we want and if that is a team with a QB need too, we are screwed.

Right now, this is how the standings look for top draft picks
    Browns 0 wins
    49ers 1 win
    Giants, Indy 2 wins
    Bears, Broncos 3 wins

Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Raiders, Bengals, Texans, Redskins, Cardinals, Bucs all have 4 wins

Wow, if the season ended today and a team only had 4 wins, they may pick 15th. 3 wins may get you a 6th pick.

You know that the 49ers will sell their pick to the highest bidder. They are making a business out of picking and trading out of this position.

Browns still play the Bears, Chargers and Bengals, so that make work out to our favor assuming the Browns win.

Ironically, Paxton may be the pawn we need to get the real QB we need! Go Paxton!

On the bright side, we have a good relationship with the 49ers, we might want to trade positions and maybe throw in Von Miller and no additional picks. I know it sounds crazy, but Von is a huge bargaining chip that not many teams can match. Shoot, Cleveland might even take that offer.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 11-21-2017, 06:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    That is correct. We are 1 Giants win away from picking 3rd

Of the currently top 13 team picks in the draft, we play 5 of those teams the rest of the way (Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts) and we've already played and lost to 2 others (Bengals, Giants). We currently hold the tiebreaker over the Raiders and Chargers Only way to guarantee a top 5 pick is to lose against all 5 of the Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts
    Head to head doesn't become the tiebreaker for draft picks, the tiebreaker is strength of schedule. The team with the worst strength of schedule picks highest. Then it rotates each round. If 3 teams (say Denver, Giants and Oakland) all tied. The team with the worst SOS (say Giants) pick first, next second, then the highest picks third. In round two the second highest SOS would pick first, highest SOS picks second, and worst picks third. And it continues cycling through that way.

It's listed at the very bottom of tie breaking procedures. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    We already zapped OAK last year in the final game then beat them again this season. If Paxton plays and looks good and we win.... great! Otherwise, why bother or care? 3-13 or 5-11 is the dream now.... it's all about what's best for DEN in 2018 now.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    That is correct. We are 1 Giants win away from picking 3rd

Of the currently top 13 team picks in the draft, we play 5 of those teams the rest of the way (Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts) and we've already played and lost to 2 others (Bengals, Giants). We currently hold the tiebreaker over the Raiders and Chargers Only way to guarantee a top 5 pick is to lose against all 5 of the Raiders, Chargers, Dolphins, Jets, Colts
    I don't see us losing to Indy. I wouldn't put it past their owner to insist that they lose out to get a top pick. I think they'd like to move on from Luck, trade him for a 1st pick or two. Some radio personalities suggested a 1st round pick and Von Miller for Luck and if they had a top 3 pick and Denver's pick, OMG they would be elated! As we get closer to the end of the season, like the last three weeks and that is a possibility these ideas will be discussed somewhere in the FO.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    I definitely do not want any part of another first time HC. Between McDaniels and VJ, I have a very bad taste in my mouth for first time HCs.

I wonder what it would take to get Harbaugh out of Ann Arbor, or Chuckie out of the MNF booth.
    I kinda agree with you, but there is a long list of good coaches that had really bad first years. For example, Bill Walsh was 2 and 14 his first year and 6 and 10 his second.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    According to Cecil Lammy we'd be picking number 4 if the season ended today!
    Last year a team with a 7-9 record picked 10th, and a team with a 5-11 record picked 6th.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get two more wins somewhere, even if we bring back Trevor if Paxton is really, really bad. Like Nathan Peterman who was so bad in his debut go pulled by halftime, then with Trevor we may actually win some games if he plays like he did in the first two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• haciendadad
    replied
    Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    there is no coming back for VJ. Once you lose the respect of a team and fans your done.
    This chapter is not done yet. There is a chance he may learn from this experience and realize that he had the wrong approach (trying to be a buddy, buddy coach to the players) and coaches with more of a hands on approach or at least accountability.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X