Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone please break down DT's contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind I notice news sites constantly mis-representing player contracts. Well over half of the news reports either miss something or are just trying to report something basic without going into the details

Here is a list of contract options for DT

$35M initially guaranteed (signing bonus + 2015, 2016 salary + 2015 roster bonus)
    2015 Roster Bonus: $6.5M (due 7/20/15)
    $7M of signing bonus deferred to 3/15/16
    2017 $8.5M salary becomes fully guaranteed on 2/10/2017
    2018 Option Bonus: $4M (must be exercised between 2/10/2017 through the 2017 league year)

June 1 cuts do not save any dead money....they just spread the dead money over multiple years.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/6/...rs-roster-cuts

Looking at DT's contract I find it highly unlikely he is playing any where else in 2018. Even if we trade him we are still accountable for a chuck of dead cap space....see how Dareus is going to kill Buffalo's cap this year and next. That was really a good move on Jax part since so much of his cap still counts against Buff cap.

On the flip side I find it highly unlikely DT plays here in 2019 even if he starts to perform....unless he finds a iron will of attacking the football all the sudden.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
    X