• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GiddyupGetEm
    Special Teams
    • Oct 2015

Lorenzo Doss cut

After being late for a meeting, the Broncos have waived Lorenzo Doss. What does this say about the locker room? What does it say about the front office? What does this say about the coaches? What does it say about our plans to unload Talib?

I am glad they cut a bubble player who is usually inactive. If you don't put in the effort, you get cut. This sends a message. But another Elway pick doesn't live up to expectation. This puts more pressure on Elway to figure out our DB situation with Talib.
  • Houshmazode
    The Mountaineer
    • Sep 2006

I dont understand how he never saw more playing time. Always had great camps. Must not have been very disciplined.
    :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
    sigpic

Comment

• DenverBlood
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2005

It doesn’t say a thing about anyone other than Lorenzo Doss.
      sigpic

Comment

• shawinkerpoppin
        Special Teams
        • Jul 2011

He was a 5th round pick. Those guys don’t usually pan out anyways. Seems extreme for showing up late so I’m assuming he must have had other issues.

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
          Playmaker
          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
          He was a 5th round pick. Those guys don’t usually pan out anyways. Seems extreme for showing up late so I’m assuming he must have had other issues.
          This guy has an unhealthy obsession with trying to bash Elway whenever he can get the chance. Lol

Comment

• TheAsianPA
            Captain
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            he had a lot of issues of coverage. A lot of times he would only be looking for a big play instead of covering his guy. Ball hawk. Either he'd end up with a pick or let the receiver have a huge reception or a TD. I'm not upset with this, big liability on the field.
            Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

• ksubroncosfan
              Playmaker
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
              he had a lot of issues of coverage. A lot of times he would only be looking for a big play instead of covering his guy. Ball hawk. Either he'd end up with a pick or let the receiver have a huge reception or a TD. I'm not upset with this, big liability on the field.
              Agreed. There was always talk about him making big plays. But, the dude had terrible change of direction. Which is a little bit of an issue when you’re a corner...

Comment

• roushmartin6
                Football Immortal
                • May 2007

I don't like cutting our depth but I guess he screwed himself
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Narco
                  Playmaker
                  • Dec 2015

From what I read, he had a history of showing up late for team meetings. It wasn't just one time.

It looks like Vance Joseph has finally stopped trying to be everyone's friend and started holding players and coaches accountable. No doubt, he's had a talk with Elway and now knows his job is on the line as well.

Comment

• Rich_C
                    Captain
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                    I agree 100%. I was more of a Nixion fan anyways. I was shocked when we cut him and kept Doss.

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                    From what I read, he had a history of showing up late for team meetings. It wasn't just one time.

It looks like Vance Joseph has finally stopped trying to be everyone's friend and started holding players and coaches accountable. No doubt, he's had a talk with Elway and now knows his job is on the line as well.
                    If that is the case then he must have been on his last warning. I think that information just should have been made more public. IMO if it had it reflects much more positively on the GM & coaching staff. Not because it is a good thing to air dirty laundry to the public but because it streamlines any negative narrative in the media.

Comment

• GiddyupGetEm
                      Special Teams
                      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                      This guy has an unhealthy obsession with trying to bash Elway whenever he can get the chance. Lol
                      No, it's a healthy obsession. When a coach makes a bad call during a game, is it unhealthy to criticize it? Of course not. When a GM misses on 80 or 90% of his picks, that is worth criticizing. But in this respect it is more about Elway's plans to get rid of Talib with such a depleted group of CBs.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                        Football Immortal
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
                        After being late for a meeting, the Broncos have waived Lorenzo Doss. What does this say about the locker room? What does it say about the front office? What does this say about the coaches? What does it say about our plans to unload Talib?

I am glad they cut a bubble player who is usually inactive. If you don't put in the effort, you get cut. This sends a message. But another Elway pick doesn't live up to expectation. This puts more pressure on Elway to figure out our DB situation with Talib.
                        with roby and harris we still have better cbs then most this league.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• FL BRONCO
                          Traveling Mod
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                          with roby and harris we still have better cbs then most this league.
                          Did you see Roby on Green?

Not even close too what we now have with Talib and Harris. Yep Elway needs to get it figured out imo.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            Did you see Roby on Green?

Not even close too what we now have with Talib and Harris. Yep Elway needs to get it figured out imo.
                            To be fair, Green has burned a lot of NFL corners

Comment

• LSIGRAD09
                              GO BRONCOS!!!
                              • Sep 2009

Players should be accountable for their actions or mistakes. I think this is a good step.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X