Lorenzo Doss cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He'll soon be a free agent, this season is over so unless there is a huge cap hit to eat, why not cut him?
    He needs to be restructured, not cut

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
      Which pick did John Elway use to draft Lorenzo Doss? After Round 2, most players are just hole fillers, while there will be an occasional value pick such as Jacksonville's Telvin Smith. I do not like the picket any more than you do, but understanding how the draft works is helpful in this case.
      Elway used a 5th round pick on him and I don’t buy that hole filler junk. There are tons of players in the draft, you’re not drafting anybody unless you think they can contribute for the team at some point. There would no point in scouting players projected in those rounds if that was the case, just throwing a dart at a list of names.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
        Do you have a source where all those players you listed publicly critized Elway? What did they say and when?
        Well for starters you can do a quick google search and find Ward's comments pretty quickly. Also Doss' critique can be found at the top of this thread. CHJ & Von both came out and made comments after Elway called the team soft. Again easily found on Google. Then After CHJ & Von spoke out I suspect that caused Elway to back pedal. We all know and so do the players that his attempt to include himself in that statement after the fact was a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          Elway used a 5th round pick on him and I don’t buy that hole filler junk. There are tons of players in the draft, you’re not drafting anybody unless you think they can contribute for the team at some point. There would no point in scouting players projected in those rounds if that was the case, just throwing a dart at a list of names.
          I completely agree with this. Doss was also a ST player and he was on the field a fair amount. At the end of the day though you don't cut Nixon and keep Doss if you don't think Doss can help you more. Nixon at least has speed and could well have been a return guy.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
            He needs to be restructured, not cut
            He is 31 and I think his injury history includes his back. He is at that age where a dramatic drop off can happen any day. Happened to revis happened to champ. Restructuring means we mail be committing more years with guaranteed money to an aged player.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
              Well for starters you can do a quick google search and find Ward's comments pretty quickly. Also Doss' critique can be found at the top of this thread. CHJ & Von both came out and made comments after Elway called the team soft. Again easily found on Google. Then After CHJ & Von spoke out I suspect that caused Elway to back pedal. We all know and so do the playersx that his attempt to include himself in that statement after the fact was a load of crap.
              Well Von agreed with Elway's comments:

"Von Miller on John Elway Calling the Broncos Soft: 'He's Telling the Truth'"
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...truth.amp.html

Peko agreed with him too:
              Nose tackle Domata Peko agreed. The numbers, he said, back Elway.

and DT agreed:
              “He wouldn’t have said it if he wasn’t telling the truth,” Thomas said. “We’ve lost six in a row. I think there’s a little softness in us somewhere and he’s talking about everybody, including me.”

Brandon Marshall disagreed with Elway's assessment, but said he wasn't calling out Elway, just giving his opinion:

"I wasn't taking shots at him," Marshall said. "I think everybody was saying 'He's taking shots at the GM' and that is kind of ridiculous. I'm a competitive guy, I've got skin in the game, I'm out here running around busting my tail. ... I see nothing wrong with being a grown man disagreeing."
              http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...ing-john-elway

Chris Harris was probably the most vocal:
              “Everybody in this organization is accountable for how we are playing right now,” said All-Pro cornerback Chris Harris Jr. "Ain’t nothing soft in my bones."
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/scout.c...-110798911/Amp

Ward and Doss are bitter about being cut, happens all the time in the NFL. I'd take their comments with a grain of salt.

Outside of Ward and Doss, who were taking a jab cause they were cut, it's basically just players either agreeing or disagreeing with Elway's "soft" comment. IMO, the team has lost 7 in a row, if that's not soft, I don't know what is. For the players who didn't like the comment, they need to prove it on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                He'll soon be a free agent, this season is over so unless there is a huge cap hit to eat, why not cut him?
                Salary Bonus Dead Cap Cap Hit %of team salary
                Talib CB $9,705,882 $1,000,000 - - - - - ($13,000,000) $10,705,882 6.88

So if he was cut - it would be 11-13 million hit. Doubt he's going anywhere. And he also cost himself 1.5 million in game checks. I think he learned his lesson and he will be fine.
                Bronco Bob

Comment

I thought Talib had 2 more years on his contract?
                  https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

I think the contract is through 2019 but in 2018 his dead cap would be 1 million with a 12 million Cap Hit. Here is the Link to Sportrack :
                    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-br...ib-talib-3024/
                    Bronco Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                      Well for starters you can do a quick google search and find Ward's comments pretty quickly. Also Doss' critique can be found at the top of this thread. CHJ & Von both came out and made comments after Elway called the team soft. Again easily found on Google. Then After CHJ & Von spoke out I suspect that caused Elway to back pedal. We all know and so do the players that his attempt to include himself in that statement after the fact was a load of crap.
                      Miller said Elway spoke the truth....

Might want to check your facts....
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X