Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Matt Russell on the hot seat???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galler...present-030117

Here ranking of all teams for the last 5 years of drafting from back in April. Broncos ranked 29th over last 5 years.

Comment

You mean this guy:

I believe.

Comment

Not what you know, it's who you know.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Your right, the Rams coach got his first job in the NFL because his grand father was an NFL coach and called for.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
            Does he even do a full 7-round mock draft for every team? I don't pay much attention to his stuff so I'm not sure. Anyway, for what it's worth, here's a comparison between the last 5 first round selections..

Mike Mayock

2013: Björn Werner (DE)
            2014: Jason Verrett (CB) (1 Pro Bowl in 2015)
            2015: Jake Fisher (OT)
            2016: Karl Joseph (SS)
            2017: Ryan Ramczyk (OT)

John Elway

2013: Sylvester Williams (DT)
            2014: Bradley Roby (CB)
            2015: Shane Ray (DE)
            2016: Paxton Lynch (QB)
            2017: Garett Bolles (OT)

How many players which Mayock selected were there when we picked? How many of them have worked out vs Elway's?

Comment

How would we know if he was on the hot seat or not?
              Adopt-A-Bronco: Jonathon Cooper

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                How many players which Mayock selected were there when we picked? How many of them have worked out vs Elway's?
                In all fairness, Mayock is the best mocker around, and even then mock drafts are a total crap-shoot. The right trades are never predicted so there's almost no point in it whatsoever. (Even though I do it all the time)

Regardless of Mayock's skill at a completely pointless thing, Elway has had a head-scratcher in every draft he's had. He's never really done anything anyone wanted or expected him to do. I'll be honest, I love Elway as a player, a GM, and pretty much every thing he's done for our team except for draft.

Comment

I actually read this article this morning . Will try to find it but it was from Jan 4th. Elway saying that after the draft they are going to take a look at that side and will make some decisions but not til after the draft. Says the scouting department is in middle of there season so it wouldn't make sense to make any changes at the moment. But after the draft is when there season ends .

Comment

He should of been fired long ago.
                    After the Draft we should see a Big Shake up in the personnel department. That's usually when moves happen with scouts. Right now in the scouting world they are in week 6 or 7 of their season and the draft is the Superbowl.
                    Hopefully Kubes brings something to the room but they need more new voices in the room.
                    Russell and his team have done nothing but whiff on players and he convinced Elway to hire VJ, his ex teamate at CU. That alone should be cause to let him go.
                    Last edited by munoz1987; 01-11-2018, 11:13 AM.
                    "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

I don't care if we've won 4 AFCs and been to two SBs..... if we could draft, we would be a dynasty by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane Tacos View Post
                        In all fairness, Mayock is the best mocker around, and even then mock drafts are a total crap-shoot. The right trades are never predicted so there's almost no point in it whatsoever. (Even though I do it all the time)

Regardless of Mayock's skill at a completely pointless thing, Elway has had a head-scratcher in every draft he's had. He's never really done anything anyone wanted or expected him to do. I'll be honest, I love Elway as a player, a GM, and pretty much every thing he's done for our team except for draft.
                        I believe you've missed my point. So for example. In Mayock's 'Big Board' did the players listed on the post I responded to exist when we picked? If so did any other players Mayock have on his big board exist when we picked? Were any of those other players there p;layers we really needed or were they nice-to-haves?

I am not here to debate the validity of Mayock;s mocks. I am firmly in the camp that I believe he does some of the most comprehensive draft scouting I've ever seen. What I am suggesting is that we look at the players Mayock has ranked as being high and compare them to see if they were still there when we picked. Now since these are the comparisons of past drafts we can look to see where Mayock's picks have landed VS. Elway's

Comment

Agreed there are so many resources out there from Gil Brandt to Bill Poulian who you don't have to pay or maybe give them a fee to look at your draft. If the Bronco's group has a bunch of crap picked out vs the adults in the NFL who have been successful then move on.
                          Bronco Bob

Comment

Unfortunately, the Broncos appear to be buried going forward having one of the worst combos of head coaches and QBs in the NFL, maybe dead last. I see years little hope on the horizon.

Comment

Clueless Coaching / Clueless Scouting / No direction from management / Elway’s rep as a disloyal skinflint. They need to bring in Matt Millen to right the ship 🚢
                              Last edited by 98-O-Line; 01-14-2018, 10:14 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X