Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Langley the worst DB in NFL history?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is Langley the worst DB in NFL history?

    Langley make sure alphonso Smith look like Champ Bailey.

    He looked awful all game and if there were words to describe how pathetic he was in coverage on the third down that cost DEN a chance to tie the game.... I defy you to find them.

    I know teams don't give up on early picks quickly.... but there's no point wasting a roster spot on him.

    Oh, I know.... I'll get flamed and people
    Will say it takes time.... but trust me.... Langley has no future in the NFL and after he flops next 2 years we'll let him walk.

    So, I propose that dEN save us fans from watching him play bc he embarrassed himself today.

    I played the position and have seen enough football to know this kid has no shot being even a backup
    NFL CB.

  • #2
    I don't know, but he was Elway's yearly "let's-get-this-6th-round-guy-in-the-3rd-round" pick. Langley was not close to being a 3rd or even 4th-round CB on respectable draft sites.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2017&genpos=CB

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profil...ley?id=2558186

    He should not be in the position he's in, playing as the #4 cornerback as a rookie.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I don’t think you will get flamed. I don’t remember anybody liking the pick when it happened it was a definite reach. He looked completely lost like it was his first time playing in his life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Your talking about a raw cb at one of the hardest positions to play
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          Your talking about a raw cb at one of the hardest positions to play

          Sorry. Nothing about technique or experience on the final play.
          He's just bad. All he had to do was backpeddle 10 feet and look up and he picks ball off (or prevents a third down completion). What you witnessed on the play was a lost cause.'

          6 years of coaching and practice won't repair that.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            I don’t think you will get flamed. I don’t remember anybody liking the pick when it happened it was a definite reach. He looked completely lost like it was his first time playing in his life.
            But he practices really well.... just ask Vance
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Well this should have been Lorenzo Doss playing but he was cut for "missing meetings"
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • #8
                Remember, Langley was a converted WR who played S....
                He was projected to be a 6th round pick, based solely on his measurables. He's big and fast.

                But, the scouts said he cannot be a cover corner. He just can't cover in press or man schemes bc he's not a natural CB and just doesn't have the ability to cover.

                It was clear: he could play in zone and maybe work to eventually become a backup in the NFl.

                This is what you waste a third rounder on? We would've been better off just disqualifying the 101st pick. Or drafting that homeless guy who told CLE owner to draft Johnny Manziel.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                  Well this should have been Lorenzo Doss playing but he was cut for "missing meetings"
                  Doss has been inactive, with Langley ahead of him on the depth chart.

                  Langley was supposed to be a late-round, practice-squad player, but Elway reached badly in the 3rd round and put a very, very raw cornerback in a situation he should not be in.

                  He's just a size/speed guy at this point, a converted receiver that should have been getting work on a practice squad.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Injured players and projects..... that's what we draft

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                      But he practices really well.... just ask Vance
                      You beat me too it. :-)

                      I wonder if talks to the players the same way? I'd tune him out and it would just make me mad to hear him sugar coat everything. He's talking to men, not kids. Tell it like it is, Sheesh!
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's one thing to be raw, it's another to have no understanding of a basic NFL defense.


                        It was cover 1 and he bit on the post to t and Cooper was able to get the corner route.

                        He didn't back peddle, he immediately opened his hips from the start of the snaps.

                        I know he played at some d3 college or whatever, but his technique was INEXCUSABLE. You must know where your help is and play true to it! He's not going to beat up and out athlete people like he did at his college.

                        Is he even watching Talib or Harris in practice? CHAMP NEVER LET THIS STUFF FLY. Harris, Darrent williams, Kayvon webster...they all developed great technique watching champ.


                        Our players can't execute football fundamentals people! It's not even about talent! We are broken
                        -Bronco in UT


                        While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                        Helll of a post

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What was even worse was that final play, allowing the lob catch to Patterson. He knew it was cover 0, no help in the middle.... he knew QB had to go to hot read and get ball out early....

                          What does he do? He runs forward, squats, let WR run by him. It's inexcusable. Rookie or not. He looks like what he is, a converted WR who played some safety, who survived at the lower levels solely on his size and athleticism.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            Doss has been inactive, with Langley ahead of him on the depth chart.

                            Langley was supposed to be a late-round, practice-squad player, but Elway reached badly in the 3rd round and put a very, very raw cornerback in a situation he should not be in.

                            He's just a size/speed guy at this point, a converted receiver that should have been getting work on a practice squad.
                            Rod, can I call ya, Rod?


                            Lorenzo Doss has shown us more in big game situations, preseason and regular season games than many of our back up players....

                            What type of precedent is Elway setting, what type of message is he sending slandering our players and choosing project guys over dudes who bust their butts and produce!
                            -Bronco in UT


                            While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                            Helll of a post

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                              What was even worse was that final play, allowing the lob catch to Patterson. He knew it was cover 0, no help in the middle.... he knew QB had to go to hot read and get ball out early....

                              What does he do? He runs forward, squats, let WR run by him. It's inexcusable. Rookie or not. He looks like what he is, a converted WR who played some safety, who survived at the lower levels solely on his size and athleticism.
                              Can we like posts now? It's been years since I've posted here and I'd like to Like this post
                              -Bronco in UT


                              While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

                              Helll of a post

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X