No announcement yet.

Is Langley the worst DB in NFL history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We started our FS st nickle over Langley lololol John friggin Elway everybody. Hahahahaha

Hell no we won't go till we fire Elway bro!

-Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
      He was bad, he took way too many risks and got burned often in 2006. He was very good in 2005 and then took an enormous step backwards in 2006, still got the interceptions but he was very very much a high risk high reward guy, didn't play it safe enough and got burned because of it. It was only two seasons and ultimately he could have gotten better, but 2006 was certainly not a good year defensively for him. Of course it doesn't help that he had Champ Bailey in his prime on the other side so teams were 100% going at him.
      I remember the Colts game in '06, there was actually too much cushion, and Peyton was killing him at the sticks with Reggie Wayne. I do think he would've become a pretty good corner in the long run though, RIP. Like you said too, playing opposite Champ Bailey was a busy job in those days. I don't remember too many QB's challenging Champ that year, and the ones who did hated themselves for it. Hasselbeck comes to mind.

EDIT: I think losing Trevor Pryce after '05 effected the whole defense. The offense taking a dump played a role too, of course. It's crazy though, how we still had a good team until the Cutler decision.
      Last edited by Spice 1; 12-04-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X