The second chain fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The second chain fight

It is depressing when the first "highlight" of a game many people see is two very good players letting their emotions get heated past the boiling point. There is no excuse for Michael Crabtree or Aqib Talib to do what he did, regardless of what anyone said about the chain rip last year. Bill Cowher said during halftime Crabtree and Talib were letting out their frustrations about losing a lot of games this year. It does not matter. James Brown was very clear that this stemmed from Crabtree's (un)lucky gold chain and CBS replayed that incident.

However, left unsaid in all this is what officials were doing. Why weren't the guys in striped shirts taking control of it? They should know better because it is a big rivalry and officials know what to expect. In a game like this, tempers will flare up, guaranteed. Every on-field official knows that. So I want to know why the personal battle between Crabtree and Talib was allowed to escalate. And really, why are the two players individual rivals? Al Riveron has some explaining to do Tuesday night.

The bottom line is, everyone needs to be held accountable, including guys who have yellow laundry in their pockets.

Didn't get to watch the game, which appears to be a blessing, but I heard CHJ say he was punched in the stomach by Crabtree right before the fight.

Not sure why the refs didn't do what you're saying however, just the supposed motivation for it.
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 11-27-2017, 04:43 AM.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Who is CHJ?

Comment

Originally posted by broncoslover115 View Post
        Didn't get to watch the game, which appears to be a blessing, but I heard CHJ say he was punched in the stomach by Crabtree right before the fight.

Not sure why the refs didn't do what you're saying however, just the supposed motivation for it.
        This is true and there is video and a player interviewed after that game that supports this but to answer the question of the OP, a brawl that big is probably best of the refs stay out of it. Let the players break it up. Refs don't get paid to break up brawls.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
          This is true and there is video and a player interviewed after that game that supports this but to answer the question of the OP, a brawl that big is probably best of the refs stay out of it. Let the players break it up. Refs don't get paid to break up brawls.
          This. Would you (say a 6’0” 180 lbs man) jump in the middle of these beasts of men that are all jacked up swinging at each other to break up a fight or let the good smart grounded players do what they can first?

By the way-CHJ=Chris Harris Jr.
          sigpic

Comment

Maybe that little discussion Elway and Talib were having was about him warning Elway that there would be a fight between Crabtree and himself, and to expect him getting fined and probably suspended... lol

It was entertaining but kind of sad to see when you can just witness the frustration mounting throughout the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by haciendadad View Post
              One thing officials are paid to do is intervene when players are pushing and shoving to avoid letting the situation reach dangerous levels. It happens every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
                Who is CHJ?
                Chris Harris Jr.
                Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
                  One thing officials are paid to do is intervene when players are pushing and shoving to avoid letting the situation reach dangerous levels. It happens every week.
                  I find that where there is a significant flare up, the officials often wait for the other players to break it up before intervening.
                  In this case, the initial incident happened very quickly, with Crabtree extending his tackle on Talib beyond the sideline.

I agree though that they should not have let Crabtree and Talib to re-engage immediately afterwards.

Comment

I don't know if Crabtree cheap shot Harris with an upper cut in the stomach like he said. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't...unsure. It may have just been a block, which is legal. IMO, Talib acted like a punk, again, and I hope he gets suspended for it. Purposely ripping off a chain just because he wants to? That's embarrassing coming from the team I support. Here is the video if the hit on harris:

[IMG]Here is the video if the hit on harris: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/HsCY...crabtree.0.gif[/IMG]
                    sigpic

Comment

It's a black eye on are proud organization. As much as I like to Talib he has to go. As a Captain it was Behavior Unbecoming of a team Captain. Just goes to show you what a lack of control that our coach has over our team. This is supposed to be NFL football at a professional level not WBA or WWF. This is worse than then it was under Josh McDaniels.

Comment

Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
                        It's a black eye on are proud organization. As much as I like to Talib he has to go. As a Captain it was Behavior Unbecoming of a team Captain. Just goes to show you what a lack of control that our coach has over our team. This is supposed to be NFL football at a professional level not WBA or WWF. This is worse than then it was under Josh McDaniels.
                        agreed. Can you imagine seeing something like that happening on the patriots? Would never happen.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                          I find that where there is a significant flare up, the officials often wait for the other players to break it up before intervening.
                          In this case, the initial incident happened very quickly, with Crabtree extending his tackle on Talib beyond the sideline.

I agree though that they should not have let Crabtree and Talib to re-engage immediately afterwards.
                          Yep, as soon as they went out of bounds the nearest official should have done something. If you have to fight, you have to fight inbounds, away from CBS photographers.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                            agreed. Can you imagine seeing something like that happening on the patriots? Would never happen.
                            Yep, Gronk got yelled at for celebrating too much after a TD during a blowout yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                              I don't know if Crabtree cheap shot Harris with an upper cut in the stomach like he said. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't...unsure. It may have just been a block, which is legal. IMO, Talib acted like a punk, again, and I hope he gets suspended for it. Purposely ripping off a chain just because he wants to? That's embarrassing coming from the team I support. Here is the video if the hit on harris:

[IMG]Here is the video if the hit on harris: https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/HsCY...crabtree.0.gif[/IMG]
                              He ripped the chain off after Crabtree started pushing him out of bounds. My guess is Talib told him he was getting his chain, words were said and Crabtree lost his head. Then Talib just jabbed a little further. That is his game, he wants to get into guys’ heads to make them do stupid stuff. Michael Jordan was the biggest [email protected]$ talker in basketball. Guys hated playing against him because that was his game, mess you up mentally so that it screwed up your physical game.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X