Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If VJ Is Fired, Our Next HC Should Be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived through the tenures of Jack Faulkner, Mac Speedie, Ray Malavasi, Lou Saban, Jerry Smith and nine consecutive losing seasons. Denver was 37-85-4 during that stretch. This season's situation is a bump in the road by comparison.

People talk about this being "the last straw". What does that mean? No longer being a Bronco fan? If so, that's pathetic. Denver started the 1967 season with nine straight losses. I remember. I was there. It was my senior year in high school, and I'm still a Bronco fan.

Those who say they will stop being Denver fans if Joseph, Elway or anyone else isn't fired are acting like a bunch of spoiled crybabies. Suck it up.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What about Matt Lauer?
      sigpic

Comment

BUMP!

This thread suddenly became quite relevant.
        Last edited by kingelway7; 12-04-2017, 06:30 AM.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          I lived through the tenures of Jack Faulkner, Mac Speedie, Ray Malavasi, Lou Saban, Jerry Smith and nine consecutive losing seasons. Denver was 37-85-4 during that stretch. This season's situation is a bump in the road by comparison.

People talk about this being "the last straw". What does that mean? No longer being a Bronco fan? If so, that's pathetic. Denver started the 1967 season with nine straight losses. I remember. I was there. It was my senior year in high school, and I'm still a Bronco fan.

Those who say they will stop being Denver fans if Joseph, Elway or anyone else isn't fired are acting like a bunch of spoiled crybabies. Suck it up.
          I was looking this season up, and they actually won their first game in 1967 then lost 9 straight. Coincidently, that was the year when Hank Stram kicked an onside kick when KC was up something like 45-9 late in the 4th, similar to what Gace did to us yesterday.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/1967.htm

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            I was looking this season up, and they actually won their first game in 1967 then lost 9 straight. Coincidently, that was the year when Hank Stram kicked an onside kick when KC was up something like 45-9 late in the 4th, similar to what Gace did to us yesterday.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/1967.htm
            Thanks for the correction. Yes, in 1967 Denver won the first game against the Pats (), and then dropped the next nine in a row. I stand corrected.

Speaking of the Chiefs, if I'm not mistaken (again) Denver lost twenty straight games to the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs until finally beating them in 1970.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

People say a lot of things they don't really mean. Notice how most of the guys that say these things turn up on the next game day thread!

Comment

Thanks for the correction. Yes, in 1967 Denver won the first game against the Pats (), and then dropped the next nine in a row. I stand corrected.

Speaking of the Chiefs, if I'm not mistaken (again) Denver lost twenty straight games to the Dallas Texans/KC Chiefs until finally beating them in 1970.
                It was something like that with KC and we weren't much better against Oakland. I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that the KC streak was (is?) the longest losing streak against any single team in NFL/AFL history.

BTW, I think it was on Around the Horn today when someone said the reason Gace kicked the onside kick was to get back at Elway for something that happened a few years ago.

Comment

Bill Romanowski
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chad72 View Post
                    You are going to have to pay a QB at some point, get used to it and another Peyton is not going to fall into your laps. The Broncos' team is getting harder and harder for a FA QB to sell to, that is another reality that will hit Elway too, you may have to stick with the draft to find your QB. That is why Elway needed John Fox. Fox's coaching equity was greater than Elway's GM equity at that point in time to get Peyton over to Denver.

Ryan Grigson, let us not mention his name. It will take us another year to get things right for Chris Ballard, who seems to focus on defensive picks, which Colts fans love. But then, Rod Chudzinski and his play calling can be the flavor of a week but having seen enough of it, most Colts fans know Luck's beating is a product of the offensive scheme and OL instead of just OL.

Peyton was smart enough to make different reads, and get rid of the ball fast enough. Luck was not at that level, not trusted at that level and they called for more 5 and 7 step drops. I am definitely a fan of the EP scheme (Erhart Perkins offensive scheme) followed by the Patriots and gives different looks for the D thus allowing you several outlets and options quicker than most offensive schemes. Chud would call such plays in 1 game and it would be like out of the world performance by the O followed by going back to those 5 and 7 step drops again thus hampering both the QB and OL. For example, 3 straight games, the Colts have not picked up blitzes from the nickel with stunts or blitzes from the edge, at least half the time. No wonder Brissett is the most sacked QB. If the QB cannot do it, the OC should do it. I think we have given them enough time to show what they can do and they are not getting the job done.
                    Peyton came because of Fox and not Elway? Are you kidding me?

Fox had just come off of a 2-14 season. His equity was pretty low at that point.

The revisionist history on this board is getting out of hand

Comment

Get real... The only name on that poll that's even possible and makes sense is "Mike Smith". He's a good coach and he would do a great job in Denver. The job should go to Mike Smith - no question. His is responsible for turning around a REALLY bad Atlanta Falcons team. I honestly can't think of another name that even makes sense at this point IMO. The next coach needs to be a NFL guy, college coaches rarely translate well to pro football coaches IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                        Peyton came because of Fox and not Elway? Are you kidding me?

Fox had just come off of a 2-14 season. His equity was pretty low at that point.

The revisionist history on this board is getting out of hand
                        Completely.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

PFM for HC

Comment

Working...
                          X