X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dipablo
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    From Week 14 thru Week 17 of 2010 and Week 7 thru Week 14 of 2011 (Tebow did not start week 1-6 of 2011), the Broncos averaged 23.8 pts per game in 11 consecutive Tebow starts.

This year from Week 1 thru last week which was Week 12, the Broncos have averaged 17.9 pts per game in 11 games.

Regardless of when the points were scored, the final amount of points scored at the end of game were consistently greater with Tebow than what we have now.
    Wow, you just made me miss the Tebow days, are you proud of yourself? I miss Tebow....

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    That's actually a false statement. Tebow was great at scoring 0-7 points for 50 minutes of the game and then scoring 10-17 in the final 10 to win defensive struggles.
    From Week 14 thru Week 17 of 2010 and Week 7 thru Week 14 of 2011 (Tebow did not start week 1-6 of 2011), the Broncos averaged 23.8 pts per game in 11 consecutive Tebow starts.

This year from Week 1 thru last week which was Week 12, the Broncos have averaged 17.9 pts per game in 11 games.

Regardless of when the points were scored, the final amount of points scored at the end of game were consistently greater with Tebow than what we have now.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    But the thing is that it's a true statement that I made. The offense was more effective at consistently scoring points with Tebow at QB than what they have been this year.
    That's actually a false statement. Tebow was great at scoring 0-7 points for 50 minutes of the game and then scoring 10-17 in the final 10 to win defensive struggles.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by SMR81 View Post
    "Tebow" and "leading an offense" shouldn't be in the same sentence.
    But the thing is that it's a true statement that I made. The offense was more effective at consistently scoring points with Tebow at QB than what they have been this year.

Leave a comment:

• Dotst
    replied
    That's pretty sad to see this. I would say the 1st quarter is very important for our team because our D is built to have a lead and force the other team to throw(well if our safeties and lb's weren't so bad it would be). If we get the lead, we can manage and other teams would have to take more risk. But once they get the lead, we have to take risks which we get turnovers or the opponent can basically blitz us all they want cause 1) our OL is bad and 2) our QB's aren't that great to get multiple reads off to throw the ball to stretch the field. If we can stretch the field, teams would give us a little more credit and that would open up our offense a lot more I think

Leave a comment:

• SMR81
    replied
    A Tebow led offense was more effective at scoring points. Seriously, it’s no joke.
    "Tebow" and "leading an offense" shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    A Tebow led offense was more effective at scoring points. Seriously, it’s no joke.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    This offense has been horrible, we all know it, you're just beating a dead horse at this point.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    started a topic 84 first quarter points for DEN the last 27 games

84 first quarter points for DEN the last 27 games

84 points in the first quarter for Denver Broncos combined in their last 27 games.... and.... 26 of those 84 points came in two home games (wins) vs OAK.

So, in the other 25 games.... DEN has managed just 58 points. So, we barely average a safety in the first quarter. Not a way to start games off on the right foot.

Some of this has to be coaching bc obviously the game plans are predictable.

Remember that 2013 home opener vs BAL and Manning had 7 TD passes?
    Last edited by fraguela09; 11-27-2017, 09:07 PM.
Working...
X