Broncos to face Cutler on Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos to face Cutler on Sunday

All those wanting us to lose out, look away now. Jay (Interceptions) Cutler has been confirmed to start for the Dolphins on Sunday.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ins-vs-broncos

Has Cutler even played a regular season game against denver since the trade? I remember pre season 2010 when Doom knocked him down in the end zone and then in 2011 he was injured.......

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      Has Cutler even played a regular season game against denver since the trade? I remember pre season 2010 when Doom knocked him down in the end zone and then in 2011 he was injured.......
      I think did for Chicago but I can't be sure.

Comment

Yup. Twice.

Also, the Dolphins claimed AJ Derby off waivers.
        Denver Broncos
        New York Yankees
        New York Knicks
        Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I expect Cutler to have a solid game. With Talib out, all the Dolphins have to do is play 3-WR sets and pick Roby and Langley apart. Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are more than enough weapons for Cutler when Chris Harris will be the only quality CB on the field. Also, we don't have a LB that can cover Julius Thomas. I'm thinking 2, 3 touchdows for Cutler. Not to mention that our offense will be in trouble with AJ Derby giving away the snap count, audibles and key reads. There is a new coordinator, but the playbook is still the same.
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, once in 2015. Fun fact, it was Brock Osweiler's first start for Denver, Broncos won 17-15.

Cutler was sacked twice in that game and threw 1 INT.

Comment

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
              Yup. Twice.

Also, the Dolphins claimed AJ Derby off waivers.
              The chess match between 2 terrible teams is on!!

Comment

What if both teams are trying to tank?

Comment

Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
                  I think if the dolphins picked up derby they're trying to win. I think the Broncos are also trying to win, but don t have the capability.

Comment

Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
                    That would make for quite some comedy if it translated directly into the action on the field (e.g. both teams trying to avoid picking up a fumbled ball). That game might actually be worth watching.

The game that we'll have the opportunity to see, however, will be painful. I advise making other plans unless you are a true masochist.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylan View Post
                      I think the Broncos are also trying to win, but don t have the capability.
                      When Elway told Joseph and Musgrave to start Paxton Lynch, the Broncos were not trying to win anymore.

(Despite what Joseph said, Musgrave told the CBS crew he had no input in Lynch being named the starter, it was "above his pay grade" - also, it's been reported that Musgrave does not really like Lynch)

However, with Lynch injured and Siemian throwing 2 TDs and almost leading a comeback, the Broncos had no option but to name Siemian the starter again.

So, this reminds me of the 2011 season when Elway tried to tank with Tebow but it backfired. We don't know if the Broncos will actually be able to win with Siemian replacing Lynch, but at least their chances of winning a game have improved.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        I expect Cutler to have a solid game. With Talib out, all the Dolphins have to do is play 3-WR sets and pick Roby and Langley apart. Jarvis Landry, DeVante Parker and Kenny Stills are more than enough weapons for Cutler when Chris Harris will be the only quality CB on the field. Also, we don't have a LB that can cover Julius Thomas. I'm thinking 2, 3 touchdows for Cutler. Not to mention that our offense will be in trouble with AJ Derby giving away the snap count, audibles and key reads. There is a new coordinator, but the playbook is still the same.
                        Aj can give them all of McCoys snap counts if he wants to but it won’t do them any good since McCoy and his system were scapegoated two weeks earlier.

I see this as being the lowest scoring game in recent NFL history.

Suh will take Siemian down for a safety to seal what will look like a dolphins victory with all of 2 points until Jay turnover cutler tosses an asinine interception to Brendan Langley making him look like a pro bowl corner as he returns that pick for a 6 yard touchdown to win the game for Denver by 4 points...

Yes by 4 points because our special teams will fumble the snap on the extra point... you heard it here first!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                          Aj can give them all of McCoys snap counts if he wants to but it won’t do them any good since McCoy and his system were scapegoated two weeks earlier.
                          The system remains the same. Same playbook, verbiage, snap count. This is not Musgrave's playbook, as he told the CBS crew. The only difference is that Musgrave can control the volume of plays that will be used on game day and which plays he wants to call from McCoy's playbook. The players are not learning a whole new system.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                            The system remains the same. Same playbook, verbiage, snap count. This is not Musgrave's playbook, as he told the CBS crew. The only difference is that Musgrave can control the volume of plays that will be used on game day and which plays he wants to call from McCoy's playbook. The players are not learning a whole new system.
                            Lmao Nah man you missed my point, I meant that it must be garbage since he was scapegoated.

Comment

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
                              All those wanting us to lose out, look away now. Jay (Interceptions) Cutler has been confirmed to start for the Dolphins on Sunday.
                              http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ins-vs-broncos
                              i would be careful here. Denver seems to be the tonic that bad teams need to find themselves. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Cutler has a career day.

Comment

Working...
                              X