Darien Stewart fined.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darien Stewart fined.....

Darian Stewart was fined $24,308 for the hit in Amari cooper. I can’t believe this. He did nothing wrong. It was football.
    sigpic

that is ridiculous, saw nothing the demanded a fine. smh
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

What did Darian Stewart do to Amari Cooper?

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
        nothing.

Cooper hit him in the side with his head and got concusssed
        sigpic

Comment

Seems more of a knee-jerk reaction by the league.
          Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Even del rio changed his tune after watching a replay of the hit and without saying too much to blame his guy admitted cooper lowered his own head.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Scores View Post
              Tackled him
              sigpic
              BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Wish there was a bit more common sense in the rulings.

In this case Cooper lowered his head into the tackler. What could Stewert have done differently? Just perplexing.

Other cases I find illogical is the hands to a QBs helmet call. Excessive contact I get the change in the rules but sometimes the pass rusher barely making a head slap is going to far. Another is the runner using a straight arm and grabbing a tackler's face mask. All too often they get away with so much while a tackler gets a flag for touching a runner's. I can see why defenders get so upset with the incongruities.

Shouldn't be to much to ask for more common sense calls.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

In this case Cooper lowered his head into the tackler. What could Stewert have done differently? Just perplexing.

Other cases I find illogical is the hands to a QBs helmet call. Excessive contact I get the change in the rules but sometimes the pass rusher barely making a head slap is going to far. Another is the runner using a straight arm and grabbing a tackler's face mask. All too often they get away with so much while a tackler gets a flag for touching a runner's. I can see why defenders get so upset with the incongruities.

Common sense and sports are polar opposites
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

This is the same thing Brian Dawkins complained about 5 years ago. There has to be an outside entity that says these hits are sometimes unavoidable we play football!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

I suppose live some of these look worse than others, targeting in college I don't like because of the ejection even with plays like this.

However when the league gets a chance to review it after the fact and still comes up with this fine. C'mon man!

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                        This is the same thing Brian Dawkins complained about 5 years ago. There has to be an outside entity that says these hits are sometimes unavoidable we play football!!!
                        I don't think we'll ever see a third party when it comes to hits. Concussion is the magic word that the NFL wants no part of. They're going to pass the buck on to the individual player every chance they get.

Comment

I forgot about this play. I can't believe it's resulted in a fine, considering how Cooper lowered his head into the contact. Terrible decision to throw the flag, even worse to fine Stew.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
                            I don't think we'll ever see a third party when it comes to hits. Concussion is the magic word that the NFL wants no part of. They're going to pass the buck on to the individual player every chance they get.
                            Yep, in my ranting I didn't take that into consideration I 100% agree.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                              Yep, in my ranting I didn't take that into consideration I 100% agree.
                              I have said on MULTIPLE occasions that offensive players NEED to take responsibility for their own decisions. AS it stands right now a defensive player is the NFL's whipping horse or punching bag (pick your analogy). At some point I'd like to see the NFL fine the offensive player in this type of a scenario. If the offensive player drops his head then HE is putting HIMSELF in danger and preventing the game from being played in a safe manner.

Comment

Working...
                              X