A Look at Lynch v the Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Look at Lynch v the Raiders

This is a good article that looks at a bunch of plays and goes through still pictures and then gifs to make points. Based on stat line it looks ugly, but in this article going through the plays, it actually shows there's been some real growth in Lynch's play and decisions. Not sure if it'll be enough for them to go with him next year, or even when he's healthy this year, but it's good to see that he has made some improvements.

It also shows that Musgrave built a nice game plan for him, which gives me hope that maybe Musgrave is the answer at OC.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ynch-tape-2017

It's like trying to make a turd look ok

Comment

I see a lot of "he should have done this", "if he had done something else, the play would have been good" comments in that article. Ifs, buts, shoulda, coulda don't cut it. Speaking of cutting....

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        This is a good article that looks at a bunch of plays and goes through still pictures and then gifs to make points. Based on stat line it looks ugly, but in this article going through the plays, it actually shows there's been some real growth in Lynch's play and decisions. Not sure if it'll be enough for them to go with him next year, or even when he's healthy this year, but it's good to see that he has made some improvements.

It also shows that Musgrave built a nice game plan for him, which gives me hope that maybe Musgrave is the answer at OC.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...ynch-tape-2017
        I agree with you that Billy Mus is the answer and I’m pretty sure Elway will keep him around. Let’s just hope Elway is willing to pay him what he asks if and when contract talks happen because he’s not the QB coach anymore but he will be high demand.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
          I see a lot of "he should have done this", "if he had done something else, the play would have been good" comments in that article. Ifs, buts, shoulda, coulda don't cut it. Speaking of cutting....
          Two things. 1. He was going through his progressions, looking DBs off and actually recognizing things presnap, which are all improvements. 2. He was a QB starting his 3rd game, I'm not sure any QB starting their 3rd NFL game would not have a lot of ifs, buts, shoulda etc.

I'm not saying that Lynch is the answer, I'm not even saying that he'll be in Denver next season. But the article does show that he's made progress in some areas of weakness, which is a good sign for a young QB. If the Broncos were to give him another year, obviously there would need to be more improvements in those areas and much bigger improvements in things like mechanics. But again this was more to show that there were some positives to take away from that game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
            I agree with you that Billy Mus is the answer and I’m pretty sure Elway will keep him around. Let’s just hope Elway is willing to pay him what he asks if and when contract talks happen because he’s not the QB coach anymore but he will be high demand.

He'll be contractually bound to Denver for at least 1-2 more seasons. Coaches usually sign 2-3 year contracts. And Denver can block him moving to any team for any position other than an HC position. I don't think anyone will be looking at him as an HC, so he's tied to Denver for 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertR View Post
              I would like to move on from Paxton as much as the next guy. But, to be clear, the point of this post was to show that he has technically progressed in some areas like he should. Not that he played well.

Comment

He also had like 22 yards passing in the first half. That's fine if his reads are better BUT TWENTY TWO FREAKING YARDS

I know we shouldn't be hard the guy. Bad OL, no TE's and he's only started 3 games in the NFL. A lot of the top HOF QB's looked like crap their first few seasons

Comment

The "look" that told me Paxton would never be the right guy for the job here was seeing him crying in the Raiders stadium from the sideline. Felt bad for the guy, but it was also the lack of stoicism and leadership at that moment that told the world he accepted defeat.
                  sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

Yeah, today Siemian was making many Broncos fans cry!

Comment

Originally posted by Soulfire View Post
                      The "look" that told me Paxton would never be the right guy for the job here was seeing him crying in the Raiders stadium from the sideline. Felt bad for the guy, but it was also the lack of stoicism and leadership at that moment that told the world he accepted defeat.
                      Really? Cause looking at Siemian's lack of emotion or really even any sort of caring at all today made me wish we had a QB that would show some emotion. Put a boot in someone's you know what. I hope whomever the Broncos QB is next year will provide that emotion and leadership.

Comment

Really? Cause looking at Siemian's lack of emotion or really even any sort of caring at all today made me wish we had a QB that would show some emotion. Put a boot in someone's you know what. I hope whomever the Broncos QB is next year will provide that emotion and leadership.
                        Can't say that I really can argue with what you wrote either.
                        sigpic

For the sake of the mods, please don't report my sig anymore. They have said it does not violate the Code of Conduct. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
                          It's like trying to make a turd look ok
                          Like puttin' a wig on a pig.

Kelly '18.
                          :lombardi:2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones
                          sigpic

Comment

Probably best just to get rid of all 3 QBs and start new next year

Comment

You want emotion, take a look at Baker Mayfield.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Working...
                              X