Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad are the Broncos right now in 2017?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a JH teacher and coach, I have a special relationship with my students, especially my student athletes. We always rib each over our choice of teams we root for. Even had a bet with one of my players on the Cowboys game, and he had to wear a sticky note all day that read, "I can't believe I thought the Cowboys could beat Coach's Broncos!"

That being said, when the wheels came off, they gave me a hard time. Until they didn't. That's how bad this team has been; a bunch of JH students with the opportunity to rub it in their teacher's face that his team sucks no longer find it appealing to do so.

WOW!
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Nice stats but scoring stat is the most important
      That 2015 defense also did not get any help from the offense, as we remember very well.

Another key stat:

In 2015, the defense led the league with 52 sacks.

This season, they're in 19th with only 30 sacks.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
        Just went from 4th pick in draft to 7th pick.

By winning now we are still hurting our chances of winning the Super Bowl

Glad we got the shutout but man this team just keeps finding new ways of being counter productive to winning another Ring
        Why? Because of the top QBs in the draft?

I believe the Broncos currently have the 6th pick. Even if they had the 4th pick, they would probably have to trade up anyway to make sure no one jumps ahead for the #1 or #2 QB. So, if Elway really wants a specific QB from this draft, he might have to work a trade no matter what.

Darnold will probably be the 1st pick if he declares. Rosen is expected to go in the top 3 and, since Darnold might stay in college, Rosen will be in the conversation for the 1st pick.

Mayfield, Allen and Jackson will probably be available for the Broncos even if they win 1 or 2 more games.

Besides, considering the poor results with Osweiler and Lynch, expect Elway to go after a veteran free agent to play QB for the Broncos.
        sigpic

Comment

I live in the Ottawa area, and same thing here. I have the time shift for the NFL season and normally the Seattle feed treats us well. I scope this out once the TV schedule is release by the NFL. I knew this was coming this season with the Broncos being a non-elite team and their schedule had them up against a lot of non-must-see opponents. Other than the national game this Thursday, I don't see us here in Canada getting either of the final 2 games. Maybe week 17, but the other late CBS game looks to be a better option for sure. I have to say, after browsing the r e d.d i t situation I am not sure I need any other options at this point, that has come light years from where it was only two years ago.

For those concerned, I always keep an eye on 506sports, as it shows the distribution for all games. There is a Canadian section in the forum too.

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

I believe the Broncos currently have the 6th pick. Even if they had the 4th pick, they would probably have to trade up anyway to make sure no one jumps ahead for the #1 or #2 QB. So, if Elway really wants a specific QB from this draft, he might have to work a trade no matter what.

Darnold will probably be the 1st pick if he declares. Rosen is expected to go in the top 3 and, since Darnold might stay in college, Rosen will be in the conversation for the 1st pick.

Mayfield, Allen and Jackson will probably be available for the Broncos even if they win 1 or 2 more games.

Besides, considering the poor results with Osweiler and Lynch, expect Elway to go after a veteran free agent to play QB for the Broncos.
            from what i have read, the browns favorite QB that may be availible this season is josh rosen.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

For the record QB is not my focus...if we do not figure out this OL and why our players are not motivated+prepared to play on Game day it really does not matter who our qb is.

What ever we want to do the higher we pick the better it will be. No matter how many games we win this year from here on out it will not change anything except reduce our draft status. We are going to have a losing season one way or another. At this point it is about putting us in best position to win a Super Bowl in 2018.

If we want to trade up it will cost less the higher we draft.

If we want to trade down we will get more picks.

If we stay put we will have more options of players as less players will be drafted the higher we pick.

According to the NFL.com we have the 7th worst record at the moment.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2017/REG

If we had lost we would be 3rd-5th. If we had lost again this week after losing last week we would have been top 3.

It was nice to get a shutout after a long time but the fact still remains all we are doing by winning is making it more difficult to win a Super Bowl in 2018
              Last edited by Hadez; 12-13-2017, 05:32 AM.
              Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
              X