Time to lose out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to lose out?

At this point, I'd like to see us get as high of a draft pick as possible. Not saying we'll purposely lose out, but it just might happen anyway. Should we lose on purpose? Do teams do that to get a higher pick? We have so many needs we need to get in the top 5 for sure. Hope they don't mess that up too!

Originally posted by Broncos65 View Post
    At this point, I'd like to see us get as high of a draft pick as possible. Not saying we'll purposely lose out, but it just might happen anyway. Should we lose on purpose? Do teams do that to get a higher pick? We have so many needs we need to get in the top 5 for sure. Hope they don't mess that up too!
    I don't think they will have much choice.

Of the 4-reamining games, all 4 opponents have .500 or below records with only the Colts as bad as the Broncos. They play that game in Indy.

I think what is at stake is the humiliation of ending the season with the 2nd worse all time season record since 1963. Which is made worse by being 2-years from a Super Bowl victory.

This is a colossal bust of a season that will have to be responded to with great change far beyond a high draft pick.
    sigpic

Comment

Top 5 draft pick is the saving grace of this season. It's very realistic that they don't win another game. the Jets are no pushovers, colts is on a thursday night, they got no shot at WSH in an early kick-off, and KC will be playing for a playoff spot.
      "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Does that mean the Broncos will get a easy schedule next year? No more facing Brady and the Pats?

Comment

Your a little late. Then been losing out since week 4 😂

Comment

Originally posted by huntr View Post
            Does that mean the Broncos will get a easy schedule next year? No more facing Brady and the Pats?
            Correct, we will have a 4th place schedule meaning that the two extra conference games on the schedule will be against the 4th place teams in the AFC East and AFC South which is looking to be @Dolphins (again) and Colts in Denver.

We also play the AFC North and NFC West divisions.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by munoz1987 View Post
              Top 5 draft pick is the saving grace of this season. It's very realistic that they don't win another game. the Jets are no pushovers, colts is on a thursday night, they got no shot at WSH in an early kick-off, and KC will be playing for a playoff spot.
              We can still screw that up, by winning out. Out of the playoffs, but also out of the top 10 pick.

That would be the worst thing to happen left in this already bad season.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos65 View Post
                HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH lose on purpose, thats rich!!! like this team has a choice, HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!! we will lose out, not on purpose but because we are the worst team in the league and we genuinely will not be able to win. #1/2/3 pick baby!!
                sigpic
                BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

They've been losing on purpose the past month.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

I’ll say it. Deliberately lose the rest of our games.

Bench all of our stars so they don’t risk injury. Play the rookies. Keep McKenzie in there until he learns to hold onto the ball.

Any win we get in the next five games hurts the franchise. We get a worse pick and it increases the chance VJ stays.

There’s a very real chance we get the number 3 pick if we lose out. Elway might use his friendship Lynch to trade to #2 for a non-bears price. And maybe we have Darnold as our franchise QB.

It just baffles me how people on the board are getting angry about losses at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
                      Correct, we will have a 4th place schedule meaning that the two extra conference games on the schedule will be against the 4th place teams in the AFC East and AFC South which is looking to be @Dolphins (again) and Colts in Denver.

We also play the AFC North and NFC West divisions.
                      Therefore our schedule next year consists of

Raiders x2
                      Chiefs x2
                      Chargers x2

Steelers
                      Ravens
                      Bengals
                      Browns
                      Rams
                      Seahawks
                      Cardinals
                      49ers

Dolphins *TBD
                      Colts *TBD

At least 3 playoff teams and possibly up to 6 playoff teams on that schedule.
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

I support our Tank Commander.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                          It just baffles me how people on the board are getting angry about losses at this point.
                          Angry? Disgusted. Incredulous. Stupified. Resigned. Dumbfounded. Embarrassed. Ashamed. Those are all words that better describe how I feel every Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            I support our Tank Commander.

Comment

I'll always be cheering for the team to win, I can't cheer against them...

BUT, I am not upset over any losses (since we lost vs the Bengals). At this point the only positive thing this team can accomplish is a high draft pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X