Coming to the defense of Joe Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98-O-Line View Post
    I want him gone. His defense has given up a ton of points & he’s part of the raging trash fire ��
    #1 ranked defense. But yeah, lets fire him.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      #1 ranked defense. But yeah, lets fire him.
      You know there's flaws in your argument

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
        You know there's flaws in your argument
        I'm not going to sit here and say Woods has been the NFL's best DC this season, because he hasn't. But he has done a fine job, especially as a rookie coordinator. Mistakes have been made for sure, but great defensive coordinators don't grow on trees. Who knows, Woods could grow into that, he might not. Firing him after one season where the team is 1st in total yds allowed, 2nd in passing yards allowed and 4th against the run is so dumb. He deserves another year.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rancid View Post
          I have a mixed opinion about Woods probably because the team is so bad as a whole. The defense's major problems are the draft bust that is Shane Ray or Brandon 'Mail-it-In' Marshall, or Todd 'how did I make this team' Davis.

I cannot see a reason to let Woods go because there is so much more that needs fixing.
          Hahaha! This post made me laugh!
          It's a bit early to call it in Ray... But you nailed the other 2!!!

Comment

I didn't realize that Denver had given up 5 return touchdowns this year. I'm guessing that's special teams and pick 6's, but that does make the PPG against look worse than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              I didn't realize that Denver had given up 5 return touchdowns this year. I'm guessing that's special teams and pick 6's, but that does make the PPG against look worse than it is.
              Not to mention the numerous short fields the offense handed them immediately after getting a def stop
              sigpic
              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                2.5 points per game right there. That’s crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  Not to mention the numerous short fields the offense handed them immediately after getting a def stop
                  Correct.

#1 in TYPG
                  #2 in PYPG
                  #4 in RYPG
                  #24 in PPGA

Those rankings scream inept offense and ST being the reason we are where we are, because the defense is elite.

Of course, we need to force more turnovers. But other than that this defense is performing very well. Better than last year, when the beloved Wade was the DC.
                  sigpic

Comment

If Vic Fangio is available it’s a no brained IMO. Woods is mediocre at best.

Comment

I would say the whole coaching staff stays for another season. At this point, there is more reason to retain than to release any of the coaches.
                      sigpic

Comment

Man oh man, Reuben Foster at MLB would've worked wonders... lol hopefully there's a good MLB in the draft that we could nab in the middle rounds
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Working...
                        X