Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McKenzie returns to field punts, fumbles, who should be fired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McKenzie returns to field punts, fumbles, who should be fired?

Somebody should be fired for allowing McKenzie to field punts again. I’ve never seen a PR, let alone a rookie, fumble 6 times in, what, 10 games?

Brock Olivo will eventually be the one who pays the price for it. But realistically the easiest and most obvious answer is that McKenzie should be the one to pay the price.

Comment

Our QB situation is an embarrassment
      Our HC is an embarrassment
      Our Offense is an embarrassment
      Our ST is an embarrassment
      Our drafting is an embarrassment
      Today, we were Gases' whipping boy.

I'd fire VJ. His seat has to be red hot by now!
      Last edited by haciendadad; 12-03-2017, 08:01 PM.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My new favorite Bronco - KJ Hamler Guy plays inspiring football!.

Comment

Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The team is a dumpster fire, he is just trying to do his part to elevate the Bronco's draft order.
        ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Just a bad pick. The ball is twice as big as his arms and a little over half the size of his torso. He is physically incapable of protecting the football. Too much of it is exposed at all times unless he runs hunched over the ball with both arms over it.

And the crazy thing about it is, this is literally the exact same problem Trindon Holliday had, but at least he was faster than everyone on the field. McKenzie has average NFL speed.

Comment

Bolles, Langley, Whoever we took in the 2nd round.... 2017 draft class up there with our 2013 class.

You think Elway understand now why Bolles led nation in penalties last year? How we took this guy over Cam and Ramzy is mind-boggling. Then again, we drafted 2 returners (Langley and McKenzie) and one is worse than the other.

I hope Butt can play bc everybody else in this rookie class might not Be here in 3 years. Bolles probably will be (but he’ll be 29 and Im sure we’ll be begging for them to pull him).

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Just a bad pick. The ball is twice as big as his arms and a little over half the size of his torso. He is physically incapable of protecting the football. Too much of it is exposed at all times unless he runs hunched over the ball with both arms over it.

And the crazy thing about it is, this is literally the exact same problem Trindon Holliday had, but at least he was faster than everyone on the field. McKenzie has average NFL speed.
              Right! With Holliday it was either gonna be a touchdown or a fumble. So you could understand taking the rush with him. But with McKenzie, it’s either a fumble or starting the drive inside the 10. Not really feeling that.
              #swapping

Comment

I watched a Bronco show last night and Chad Brown had a good point that the coaches have a responsibility to protect McKenzie from himself. IMO, they have ruined the kid by NOT benching him after his 3rd fumble. Had they benched him he would have had a better chance to recover mentally and maybe improve next season.

Comment

Wait he muffed another one yesterday? I didn't watch the last quarter or so, when did he fumble?

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post
                    Wait he muffed another one yesterday? I didn't watch the last quarter or so, when did he fumble?
                    He didn't really muff, it was a fumble. He caught the punt at about the 7, back tracked, then was hit at about the 3 and the tackler punched the ball away from him. The ball went into the end zone where McKenzie recovered for a safety.

Comment

Isaiah McKenzie

Comment

Originally posted by Bates View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                          Brock Olivo will eventually be the one who pays the price for it. But realistically the easiest and most obvious answer is that McKenzie should be the one to pay the price.
                          I agree but at this point we may as well see if he can be a decent WR (slot type guy for us). If not then we may as well cut him.

Comment

Dude can't hold on to the ball. I was shocked to see him returning kicks again. Some of this stuff is baffling.
                            sigpic

Comment

Mack is terrible but the idiot who gave him a 6th change back there is who should go.

Comment

Working...
                              X