Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Should've Seen This Coming WAY before the Start of the Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Should've Seen This Coming WAY before the Start of the Season.

Vance Joseph was never the answer to begin with. Someone with absolutely ZERO coaching experience and our players playing like how Frank Filchock(?) coached the team in his two year-tenure, this was bound to happen eventually. We should've known better, and we need MUCH better.

Heck as of right now, I would take freaking Butch Jones over Joseph, because despite the former being a collage coach, he actually has experience coaching a team.

Hindsight is 20/20.
    I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by XterraRob View Post
      Hindsight is 20/20.
      True but history suggests that first year head coaches almost always turn out to be failures and many here called it accurately.

Comment

True. The first sign was that we were going into the season with Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch as our QB options.

Comment

Shoulda coulda woulda is rather pointless now.

Comment

Trevor will carry the team to a couple more victories.

Look for him to slice that Jet defense up.

Comment

The Broncos massively underachived according to Us Fans. But nationally no-one had big expectation for them. The Wise Guys out in Vegas had the over under at 8 wins. This team is not close to being good now or in the future. They need a QB, OG, OT, RB, TE, 2x MLB, HC and Scouting Department. Broncos need to Clean House from Matt Russel down.
              "Stand behind our troops or Feel free to stand in front of them!"

Comment

Everyone that knew him spoke highly of him and really you never know how good of a HC a person can be until they have the posistion. But I think there were other factors that foreshadowed this terrible season that we ignored and some repeat mistakes were made such as signing another teams backup to be our starter (first with Stephenson then Watson) and the amount of faith we put into our TS despite his end of season skid (1-4 record to close terrible QB play in 2016) and the disappointment in Lynch’s development. Live and learn sometimes failure like this is needed in order for drastic changes to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post

u are delusional. Your QB and a QBR of 1.7 out 100.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                    True but history suggests that first year head coaches almost always turn out to be failures and many here called it accurately.
                    Sean Mc Vay is doing quite well in LA. Then again, he also has Wade Phillips as his DC (since Denver was dumb enough to let him go)...

Jim Harbaugh went 13-3 and went to the NFC Championship Game as a first-year HC.

Rex Ryan went to AFC Champiosnhip Game in his first year as HC of the Jets.

George Seifert won the SuperBowl in his first year leading the 49ers.

Jim Caldwell's Colts went to the SuperBowl in his first year.

Mike Tomlin took the Steelers to the playoffs in his first year.

Jim Mora, Jr., Steve Mariucci, Sean Payton, and John Harbaugh all also made it to their Conference Championship Games as rookie head coaches.

Good coaching can yield results even for a first-year head coach.
                    Last edited by MileHighInNY; 12-04-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMR81 View Post

“Slice them up”? I would be happy with moderate competence at this point

Comment

Poor coaching is just one of the problems. Yes, too many bad decisions by the head coach, on and off the field.

However, let's not forget the head coach does not have an adequate quarterback, the most important position, because Elway missed on Paxton Lynch. If the team had a veteran QB, even someone like Josh McCown, things could have been much better right now. But Elway wanted Lynch to be the guy, so he built this QB competition with Siemian expecting the 1st-round pick to rise up with a full offseason and win the job. That did not happen. The 1st-round QB can't play, the 7th-round QB (that was supposed to make the competition easy for Lynch) can't play and, finally, Elway's 2nd-round QB from 2012, Brock Osweiler, also can't play good football in 2017. So, QB is a big, big problem, Show me a great team without an adequate QB. I don't think there are many right now, maybe not even one.

Then there's the offensive line. Elway witnessed the issues at the RT position since Orlando Franklin struggled in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks. Elway saw that his 3rd-round OT Schofield, a right tackle in college, could not play RT in the NFL. What was his solution? Pay Donald Stephenson, a backup that struggled with the Chiefs. That did not work. What was his next solution? Menelik Watson, a backup that struggled with the Raiders and could not even stay healthy. Look what happened. These were terrible moves.

With the 20th-overall pick, Elway had any OT of his choice. Then he takes Bolles, who is currently playing the worst among the top-3 OTs in the draft, with Ramczyk and Cam Robinson performing at a higher level. Right tackle is non existent and the left tackle collects penalties and can't anchor against NFL pass rushers because he is not strong enough.

Elway built a team with no adequate QB, no RT and a raw 25-year old rookie struggling at LT.

Elway paid Demaryius Thomas elite money for what the WR produced with Peyton Manning and, since getting that money, Thomas has more drops than touchdowns and the burst he used to have after the catch is gone, with his body constantly breaking down with small injuries. Sanders stopped caring after the QB situation deteriorated to the point where his stats don't look nice anymore, so he thinks it's okay to disappear in games and fake injuries to leave the field since the Broncos are not "WR heaven" anymore. There's too much money tied to these two WRs and the team is not getting the investment back, not even close.

Tight ends: I don't think I have to go there. I also don't have much to say except that, in the era of the receiving TEs, we don't have one adequate TE on the roster. Jake Butt will try to change this situation next year, but we are still in 2017.

Mike McCoy was fired because Elway could not put together an adequate roster on the offensive side of the ball.

Then there is the draft. Besides the gamble on Garett Bolles, look at the draft class picked by Elway: DeMarcus Walker, a tweener who currently is not big enough to play on the line and is not athletic enough to play LB, so he does not play at all and stays inactive every week. Carlos Henderson, a WR that looked so bad during camp and preseason that Elway had to stash him on IR with a very minor injury. Brendan Langley... Yikes. That's Elway drafting 7th-round players in the 3rd round again. Isaiah McKenzie, handpicked as the explosive punt returner we needed so much, yet someone screw up during the scouting process because the kid can't even secure the damn ball.

The QB situation is a disaster, the offensive line is bad, the draft has been mediocre at best. And then Elway chooses a 1st-time head coach, with only season as a coordinator, to coach this pile of crap known as the Denver Broncos roster. I'm starting to think Gary Kubiak is an underrrated genius for being able to get a 9-7 record out of these players. I don't know if Elway will fire Vance Joseph, who does not look ready to be a head coach, but changing coaches won't fix everything if Elway does not step up his game in the draft and free agency.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                          Poor coaching is just one of the problems. Yes, too many bad decisions by the head coach, on and off the field.

However, let's not forget the head coach does not have an adequate quarterback, the most important position, because Elway missed on Paxton Lynch. If the team had a veteran QB, even someone like Josh McCown, things could have been much better right now. But Elway wanted Lynch to be the guy, so he built this QB competition with Siemian expecting the 1st-round pick to rise up with a full offseason and win the job. That did not happen. The 1st-round QB can't play, the 7th-round QB (that was supposed to make the competition easy for Lynch) can't play and, finally, Elway's 2nd-round QB from 2012, Brock Osweiler, also can't play good football in 2017. So, QB is a big, big problem, Show me a great team without an adequate QB. I don't think there are many right now, maybe not even one.

Then there's the offensive line. Elway witnessed the issues at the RT position since Orlando Franklin struggled in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks. Elway saw that his 3rd-round OT Schofield, a right tackle in college, could not play RT in the NFL. What was his solution? Pay Donald Stephenson, a backup that struggled with the Chiefs. That did not work. What was his next solution? Menelik Watson, a backup that struggled with the Raiders and could not even stay healthy. Look what happened. These were terrible moves.

With the 20th-overall pick, Elway had any OT of his choice. Then he takes Bolles, who is currently playing the worst among the top-3 OTs in the draft, with Ramczyk and Cam Robinson performing at a higher level. Right tackle is non existent and the left tackle collects penalties and can't anchor against NFL pass rushers because he is not strong enough.

Elway built a team with no adequate QB, no RT and a raw 25-year old rookie struggling at LT.

Elway paid Demaryius Thomas elite money for what the WR produced with Peyton Manning and, since getting that money, Thomas has more drops than touchdowns and the burst he used to have after the catch is gone, with his body constantly breaking down with small injuries. Sanders stopped caring after the QB situation deteriorated to the point where his stats don't look nice anymore, so he thinks it's okay to disappear in games and fake injuries to leave the field since the Broncos are not "WR heaven" anymore. There's too much money tied to these two WRs and the team is not getting the investment back, not even close.

Tight ends: I don't think I have to go there. I also don't have much to say except that, in the era of the receiving TEs, we don't have one adequate TE on the roster. Jake Butt will try to change this situation next year, but we are still in 2017.

Mike McCoy was fired because Elway could not put together an adequate roster on the offensive side of the ball.

Then there is the draft. Besides the gamble on Garett Bolles, look at the draft class picked by Elway: DeMarcus Walker, a tweener who currently is not big enough to play on the line and is not athletic enough to play LB, so he does not play at all and stays inactive every week. Carlos Henderson, a WR that looked so bad during camp and preseason that Elway had to stash him on IR with a very minor injury. Brendan Langley... Yikes. That's Elway drafting 7th-round players in the 3rd round again. Isaiah McKenzie, handpicked as the explosive punt returner we needed so much, yet someone screw up during the scouting process because the kid can't even secure the damn ball.

The QB situation is a disaster, the offensive line is bad, the draft has been mediocre at best. And then Elway chooses a 1st-time head coach, with only season as a coordinator, to coach this pile of crap known as the Denver Broncos roster. I'm starting to think Gary Kubiak is an underrrated genius for being able to get a 9-7 record out of these players. I don't know if Elway will fire Vance Joseph, who does not look ready to be a head coach, but changing coaches won't fix everything if Elway does not step up his game in the draft and free agency.
                          I couldn't agree more. Elway will never get fired but his Right Hand Man Matt Russel and his team need to be gone.
                          Since parting with former personnel exec Brian Xanders after the 2012 Draft (Xanders, now with the*Rams, was an unsung hero of the construction of this team and someone who, frankly, should've got a ring). when Elway essentially became the lord of all things football in Denver, he is not getting it done. Not close. All of the money and picks injected into the QB position and offensive line have to produce more than that. Roby the only true blue chip player inn the bunch.*

Comment

You're really blaming Vance for this lolololol

We should've seen this coming because of Elway
                            -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

We should of saw it when we sign as our head coach one of the wrost defense coordinator in the nfl, and people were saying "hes a players coach because he understand <<player name>> from the dophines".

Comment

Working...
                              X