X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It's time for our scorched Earth option

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
      Sadly, Lynch looked better in his start than Trevor did against the Dolphins. Either way, we rank. Personally, Dixon or sunshine are the qbs we’d sneak in there if we want to pick up another victory
      Speaking of which, isn't Tebow out there still looking for a QB job? I mean, compared to our current choices, he'd look like a hall of fame quarterback in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzwald View Post
        Speaking of which, isn't Tebow out there still looking for a QB job?
        No, he is not. He turned down opportunities to work as a QB outside the NFL and preferred to play baseball instead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
          Sloter played against a few of the 1's and mainly 2's, 3's & 4's in the 3rd PS game. In fact, after his first poor drive in game 3 he (Sloter) bounced right back and put on a clinic for a TD to Sharp if I recall correctly. Given the fact that Sloter did that VS. the same competition as Lynch I am surprised that many here are still not giving the young man the credit he deserves. Let me put it this way. Sloter played better than Lynch. In fact Sloter played so well in the 2nd PS game he started to get national attention. That is the entire point of the PS games. To evaluate the players you have. If our team was to be honest with ourselves in the evaluation process we'd have IR'd Lynch with a potential designation to return (after all even I don't think cutting a 1st rounder after 2 years is smart) then we should have brought in Brock and kept Sloter as our #3. Brock was never a sure thing he was always a flier and a cheap high reward for low risk. Sloter though showed that he has "It" and given that none of our QB's ran away with it - VJ's words - that would have been the best thing for this team both short and long term.

This team showed that if we have a decent and not crappy QB that we can win games. Right now we are crappy across the board at the QB position. In addition many teams churn through QBs until they find the right one to stick with for 5+ years. So given how hard it is to find a true franchise QB keeping 5 on a combination of IR and on the roster is not a bad idea. Afterall it is the most important position on the field.
          Well said. Sloter played better than any QB on our roster. I still don’t understand why we brought back Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by elway7777 View Post
            Well said. Sloter played better than any QB on our roster. I still don’t understand why we brought back Oz.
            I don't understand getting rid of sloter, I do however understand the rationale behind bringing osweiler back. On paper it made sense... Cleveland paid 90% of his salary and he was already familiar with our system and personnel. I'm sure the hope was that he would just be a backup all season.

Comment

Working...
            X