No announcement yet.

Maybe there is more to playing quarterback than I thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No son, the only thing there is to play QB is being tall and Mayfield is not tall. No dice.

Comment

Mayfield = Manzeil

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post
        Since the retirement of Peyton Manning, the Broncos missed the playoffs and are now three and nine.

This is basically the same team minus Peyton Manning.

Even though they won that Super Bowl on the strength of their defense, maybe the quarterbacks influence does extend to other areas of the team.

What do you think?
        Most on this forum have no idea what being a Pro-Level quarterback entails, me included. Armchair Quarterbacks though, I think this forum has some Pro-bowlers in that regard.
        I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBreeder View Post
          Mayfield = Manzeil
          Can you prove that?

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinsneu View Post
            Since the retirement of Peyton Manning, the Broncos missed the playoffs and are now three and nine.

This is basically the same team minus Peyton Manning.

Even though they won that Super Bowl on the strength of their defense, maybe the quarterbacks influence does extend to other areas of the team.

What do you think?
            The Broncos are in this situation because Elway missed twice picking QBs. I won't include Siemian because you don't expect a 7th-round QB to take over as the franchise QB. The main reason why the Broncos had to settle for Siemian as the starter for 2 seasons is because Lynch has been abysmal. Osweiler had a chance to learn from Manning for 4 years, has 24 starts under his belt and there's enough material to realize he's not a starting QB.

What Elway needs to do from now on is gather all the fundamental traits Osweiler and Lynch don't have (accuracy, vision, anticipation, footwork, throwing motion), worry less about the physical traits Osweiler and Lynch have and use all that information to change the way he chooses his QBs.
            sigpic

Comment

Are any of this years top picks truly a franchise level QB to spend a 1st round pick on?

Comment

Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                Are any of this years top picks truly a franchise level QB to spend a 1st round pick on?
                Rosen. But he's probably going to be a first overall pick. Everyone else is not as much a sure thing.
                Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                  The Broncos are in this situation because Elway missed twice picking QBs. I won't include Siemian because you don't expect a 7th-round QB to take over as the franchise QB. The main reason why the Broncos had to settle for Siemian as the starter for 2 seasons is because Lynch has been abysmal. Osweiler had a chance to learn from Manning for 4 years, has 24 starts under his belt and there's enough material to realize he's not a starting QB.

What Elway needs to do from now on is gather all the fundamental traits Osweiler and Lynch don't have (accuracy, vision, anticipation, footwork, throwing motion), worry less about the physical traits Osweiler and Lynch have and use all that information to change the way he chooses his QBs.
                  It's like that episode of Seinfeld where they told George "whatever your natural instinct is, do the opposite of that".

Comment

Well, I don't think anyone is suggesting taking Mayfield as an early first rounder. Maybe a late first but I'd definitely give him a shot as a second round selection. He has leadership qualities that others often struggle to find. I do not think he is anywhere near Manzeil's level of stupidity. Time will obviously tell but I would not be sad to see Mayfield end up on our roster.

Comment

Originally posted by 86rocco View Post
                      Well, I don't think anyone is suggesting taking Mayfield as an early first rounder. Maybe a late first but I'd definitely give him a shot as a second round selection. He has leadership qualities that others often struggle to find. I do not think he is anywhere near Manzeil's level of stupidity. Time will obviously tell but I would not be sad to see Mayfield end up on our roster.
                      Yes they are. Many people are. Myself included would be happy with Mayfield early in the first. I’d prefer we trade back and get Nelson if possible. But, if we take a qb early, I would be happy with Mayfield. I understand some people’s reservations though.

Comment

Originally posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
                        Yes they are. Many people are. Myself included would be happy with Mayfield early in the first. I’d prefer we trade back and get Nelson if possible. But, if we take a qb early, I would be happy with Mayfield. I understand some people’s reservations though.
                        I would be happy landing Mayfield, it just seems like it could be done later in the first or second. If we do not take him with our first pick, which I think is probably too early, we would likely have to trade up into the late first to get him.

Who knows who is on the radar for our evaluators though, it'll be fun to watch the draft take shape!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post
                          Rosen.

Cleveland will probably draft him and kill his career though. If they draft him and he has any kind of success up there, I think it's safe to say he's probably the greatest quarterback to ever walk the face of the Earth. Elway needs to do everything he can to get Andrew Luck and if that isn't a possibility (it isn't), sell the farm to move up and get Rosen. He is far and away the best prospect, it's not even close. He has great anticipation, leads his receivers with the throws and can accurately deliver the ball in tight windows. He has franchise quarterback written all over him as long as he goes to the right franchise.

He needs experience to work on his RZ efficiency, that's it. Straight out of the gates, I'm happy with everything else, including his character.
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Working...
                          X