For Those Who Have Said Von Has "Disappeared" Since Getting Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Those Who Have Said Von Has "Disappeared" Since Getting Paid

This is while constantly getting double teamed or chipped just about every play.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Not disagreeing with you but he hasn’t been chipped or double teamed as everyone may think.

Ive gone back watched the film on his play and he’s definitely rushing the passer however he has been dominated at times this season while doing so.

I won’t say it is because he has been paid but rather that these O-linemen just need to consistently stay in his way for 1.5 seconds. Give them credit and there is no interference when it comes to physical contact at the line. They’ve adjusted quite well to his game.

Comment

Man I love Von Miller and I get that he is suffering from a lack of pass rush on the other side as well as being asked to do more in coverage than he should have to.

But this play still happened this year.

sigpic

Comment

Von Miller has how many sacks this season? A LOT I think so I am one to never say that Von Miller has been Ghost he is a True Play Maker however no one on the Offense Side is so there you go our Season in a Nutshell !

Comment

It isn't a "he got paid" issue. Every year of his career his performance is far better in September and October than in November and December. But I think the PFF number is really off. No way he is tops in the league. I watch other elite edge rushers getting more consistent pressure than Von.

Comment

Whats the point paying Von so much when we need that money for other positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
              Not disagreeing with you but he hasn’t been chipped or double teamed as everyone may think.

Ive gone back watched the film on his play and he’s definitely rushing the passer however he has been dominated at times this season while doing so.

I won’t say it is because he has been paid but rather that these O-linemen just need to consistently stay in his way for 1.5 seconds. Give them credit and there is no interference when it comes to physical contact at the line. They’ve adjusted quite well to his game.
              Okay but I'm disagreeing with you because you're wrong. Either that or your "film review" is lacking.

https://mobile.twitter.com/pff/statu...039552?lang=en

"Has been dominated at times"? Right. I'm sure, he's just been "dominated" far less than his competitors shown by the figure above that was presented by a company that actually does film review.

"Adjusted quite well to his game"? Yeah, whatever that means. He's beating OL better than any other edge defender out there so they can't have adjusted that well.

Side note, fans saying things like "I've watched the film" needs to be toned down. So many people say that just to appear like they know what they're talking about. It doesn't help. You watched the game with a beer buzz and cheeto dust all over your shirt and then checked out the highlights the next day. That's not film review. Very few fans are that crazy that they actually pay for the footage and watch every play from multiple angles. Fewer yet are the fans capable of even understanding what they see, and far less than that are those who have access to the playbook to even know what the players are supposed to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                Man I love Von Miller and I get that he is suffering from a lack of pass rush on the other side as well as being asked to do more in coverage than he should have to.

But this play still happened this year.

Looks like a punch to the head to me. Looks like a penalty that was missed.

Comment

Originally posted by worldsoutro View Post
                  Whats the point paying Von so much when we need that money for other positions.
                  What kind of question is that? What's the alternative? Don't pay him and then create another need? Use that money on players that can offer no guarantee to even be average for us?

Having one of the best players in the league is not a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    Not to mention that Lane Johnson has faced multiple suspensions for PEDs.

Comment

What kind of question is that? What's the alternative? Don't pay him and then create another need? Use that money on players that can offer no guarantee to even be average for us?

Having one of the best players in the league is not a bad thing.
                      We can replace Von with a competent DE. Use the money and get a stud in FA like a QB or someone on the oline. Von is going to waste his prime on a team that won't be competitive for a few more years

Comment

No it wasn't. I couldn't find the video with the correct angle from behind. This was the best I could find. But I remember seeing it plenty the week it happened. He didn't hit him anywhere near the head. He just completely threw him to the ground and took advantage of an aggressive mistake.

Again my point wasn't to necessarily agree with the OP. As I mentioned in my statements before the video. However I disagree with PFF rating him the highest edge rusher in the league by a large margin.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                          Von Miller has how many sacks this season? A LOT I think so I am one to never say that Von Miller has been Ghost he is a True Play Maker however no one on the Offense Side is so there you go our Season in a Nutshell !
                          I'm not 100% sure I would classify 9 in 12 games as a lot. Considering he has had far superior years at this point. On top of that he was stuck on 8.5 for like 4 games. Which goes towards another posters comments about him being bigger earlier in the year and less later in the year.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                            For a player that's supposedly elite or the best at his position, being 9th in sacks is not a great accomplishment. Yes he gets a lot of tackles but many other OLB's or DE's get more consistent and better pressure on the QB

Comment

Von has stopped playing like 75% of the rest of the roster. Numbers don't say much when the eye test is obviously showing different. Too many times these last few games Von is coasting you can see it. Against the Eagles and against the pats I noticed it.

Von is playing not to get hurt and it's unfortunate because I love von but it doesn't change the fact that he ain't putting any heart into the games like he used to.

I don't blame him but then I do because it's times like these where your heart is shown the most and right now like most of the team we got players out there that's just out there. Von being one of them.

This team needs an overhaul and I don't care who has to be shown the door if it means we will fix the teams shortcomings.
                              :go:

Comment

Working...
                              X