No announcement yet.

For Those Who Have Said Von Has "Disappeared" Since Getting Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gotta have Von on the team as long as we can, he's the best thing we got goin' on.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      Whatever man. People who get paid to review film say he's the most chipped and doubled player in the league since 2016. I'll trust their word over some dude who only has "nuh uh, go watch the tape" as his defense. Especially since I have watched a lot of film, including the all-22 shots and I agree that it is happening a lot.
      People? What like your local bar buddy? I think Von is one of the greatest to ever play the game but he isn't a power guy. That's not a knock, its a fact.
      And, I'm not saying he never plays a team who chips him. Just that the attention paid to Von is making sure of where he is and that the OLine is crystal clear as to who is going to block him.
      He also doesn't get much of that because teams tend to not throw bombs against us because our Corners are so good.
      In last nights game I don't believe Von was ever hit by more than one player on a rush. Seldom was there ever a tight end oh his side though, as they wanted the Tackle to take him and not try to rely on a TE to block him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
        People? What like your local bar buddy? I think Von is one of the greatest to ever play the game but he isn't a power guy. That's not a knock, its a fact.
        And, I'm not saying he never plays a team who chips him. Just that the attention paid to Von is making sure of where he is and that the OLine is crystal clear as to who is going to block him.
        He also doesn't get much of that because teams tend to not throw bombs against us because our Corners are so good.
        In last nights game I don't believe Von was ever hit by more than one player on a rush. Seldom was there ever a tight end oh his side though, as they wanted the Tackle to take him and not try to rely on a TE to block him.
        People like PFF who say he is the most chipped and doubled player since the beginning of 2016. He was chipped 99 times since the start of 2016, the most of any NFL player (and that was as of the beginning of October, that number has undoubtedly gone up since then)

People try and downplay how often he's chipped, if it's more than any other player in the last nearly two years, it's valid for us to make a big deal out of how often he's chipped. You can't just say "oh but it happens to everyone" because it doesn't, not at the level Von has had over the last two years.
        Last edited by Freyaka; 12-15-2017, 01:09 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          People like PFF who say he is the most chipped and doubled player since the beginning of 2016. He was chipped 99 times since the start of 2016, the most of any NFL player (and that was as of the beginning of October, that number has undoubtedly gone up since then)

People try and downplay how often he's chipped, if it's more than any other player in the last nearly two years, it's valid for us to make a big deal out of how often he's chipped. You can't just say "oh but it happens to everyone" because it doesn't, not at the level Von has had over the last two years.
          You should've just said yeah your drinking buddies with PFF. Because if he watched the football game last night he would've seen how much attention and analysis NBC gave to Von and that he has far more QB pressures than anyone else in the league since 2011.
          sigpic

Comment

Von is 1/9 players i still love. CHJ is my favorite player player wearing a Broncos jersey though. Great guy, great teammate, and a great player.

Comment

Originally posted by Chop_Block View Post
              Von’s ability to convert speed to power is rare, just ask Austin Howard. He’s one of the best edge run defenders because of it, he stack and sheds with the best of them, that’s all strength and technique. Just because he doesn’t bull rush a lot doesn’t mean he doesn’t have power. Edge rushers that use power rushes aren’t usually very good pass rushers.

Comment

Working...
              X